• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

AubsV

Frank Row (1)
Don't blame the reds for this one. They can't sign everyone. The QRU obviously didn't get rid of him. He's made the decision to leave himself.

I'd like to understand his decision more but it frustrates me when a young player runs away in such a dramatic way. Wow. He's still young. It's as if he felt he was entitled to a pro contract and entitlement is the biggest problem with this generation. Can't get a contract here? Don't bother sitting around and working hard for it just shop yourself around and find it somewhere else.

Now someone will bring up the whole professional rugby thing and "you'd do the same if you didn't get a job - go where the opportunities are". I maintain this is different. Young Jack surely didn't wake every morning with dreams of playing for Sarries. No. It would have been dreams of playing for qld or he wallabies.

Lots of assumptions here on my behalf but on the back of your assumption that the Reds "got rid of him".

Not that clear cut.

This is the way of the world. No magical cure to keep everyone happy unfortunately. If everyone puts their big boy pants on and understands this is justifiable then there's no reason not to move on amicably without burning any bridges.

The best thing would be for productive further development, greater experience and ultimately bringing all that has been gained back home in a few years :)

B

Bobby Sands

Just watching the Baa Baas. Jeez Thomson is a crafty campaigner. What a great player he will be for the Reds. Hope the younger blokes really take the time to learn from him.

It is such a good signing!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thomson got 3 or 4 turnovers, score a try and had some nice touches. Thought he was maybe the pick of the Baabaa forwards.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
A couple of years in Japan certainly haven't done Adam Thomson any harm.

The only difference seems to be that he has a slightly trendier haircut.

Reds fans should be pretty happy about what he should bring to the side next year.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
AT was one of those guys who covered multiple positions so never really got the chance to nail any of them down, at least at Test level. A bloke I knew years ago used to classify players as either "Saturday" or "Wednesday" & Thomson is defo the latter on that scale. Reckon he'll be a good Redsman just as he was a good Clansman, though.

Roscoe

Frank Nicholson (4)
NSW born and bred, McIntyre and Fittock are victims of The Reds Kidnap Squad. :(
Might as well add Reece Hewat to that list after he leaves school at the end of 2015.

Hugh, I believe Izack Rodda is also a victim of the Reds Kidnap squad.

Eggsie

Stan Wickham (3)
Name Position School or Club Major achievement
Sef Faagase Prop University of Queensland Reds A 2013-14
Joey Fittock Winger The Southport School Australian Schoolboys 2014
Harley Fox Number 8 Anglican Church Grammar School Australian Schoolboys 2014
Michael Gunn Flanker Easts/Brisbane City Australian Schoolboys 2012
Sam Johnson Centre GPS/Queensland Country Super Rugby debut 2014
Adam Korczyk Flanker University of Queensland/Brisbane City Australian Schoolboys 2012
Jake McIntyre Flyhalf Sunnybank/Brisbane City Australian Under 20s 2014
Conor Moroney Flanker St. Joseph’s College – Gregory Terrace Australian Schoolboys 2014
Pettowa Paraka Prop Easts/Brisbane City Australian Under 20s 2013
Izaia Perese Centre Anglican Church Grammar School Australian Schoolboys 2014
Izack Rodda Lock Ipswich State High School Australian Schoolboys 2014
Angus Scott-Young Back row Anglican Church Grammar School Queensland Schoolboys 2014
Tuaina Tualima Back row Brisbane State High School Australian Schoolboys 2014
James Tuttle Scrumhalf GPS/Queensland Country Australian Schoolboys 2013
Brad Wilkin Back row Easts/Brisbane City Australian Schoolboys 2012-13

Would have been nice to bag Tuttle the Elder as well, hopefully he'll return to the game after some time under Bennett...

More poorly thought out irrelevant noise Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

Bobby Sands

So since Jim McKay is now surplus to requirement for the Wallabies can he come back and take control of the reds attack because Meehan had fuck all success this year in the role.

Damn good coach, we would be lucky to have him. I'd say he wants a new assignment however, geez things turned ugly quick.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
So has the EPS become the EDS, or is the EPS still around in conjunction with the EDS?

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
So has the EPS become the EDS, or is the EPS still around in conjunction with the EDS?

The EDS is similar to the WTS. 2 full contract spots and 2 EPS spots are still to be filled. Still need to sign 2 props, a second rower and an outside back.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Are the EDS players under any contractual obligations with the Reds? I'd imagine it would all be unpaid training. If another team comes along and wants to offer them a more secure, paid position I wonder if they'd be free to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.