• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

You"re deadset kidding aren't you? You can barely string a sentence together without getting out an expletive. Good ol bleary eyed joe over here.

So it's do as I say, not as I do, is it Bobby?

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I personally think Paraka is a worthy replacer of Greg Holmes in the future.

His low centre of gravity, plus hard running, makes him difficult to tackle. Plus he is guaranteed to make metres over the advantage line.

I have seen him play a few ordinary games, however he really does lift and perform when needed for Easts in GF's and whatnot. I really think his potential is great.

T

Train Without a Station

Reg was circle jerking over Fega'ase (Spelling?) in the podcast. And the match thread. And likely to his mates too. Based on his work at THP in the NRC Final he looks like an excellent prospect to replace Holmes in the future if he continues to develop.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have seen Paraka play THP and there was no real difference performance wise. Actually, I thought he was better in that position to be honest.

1. Slipper
2. Hanson
3. Paraka

Sounds good.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Not many.
However, he really isn't a concern scrummaging wise compared to Thor. Paraka is at the point where he can play either in my opinion. I understand there are difficulties with the change over, however I personally think he is more than up for it.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
He charged on to the ball with a fair bit of venom and I definitely hadn't noticed that previously.
Aside from a dropped ball he was excellent in that final, against one of the better NRC packs around the ground, too. I get the feeling he is one of the club guys who has really benefited from the exposure to a professional environment in terms of conditioning and development. Would be happy to see him get some game time for the reds in the event if any injuries to the squad locks.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
big difference between NZ schools and Zimbabwe schools competition. Whilst he looks strong he isnt as explosive.

But does have potential.

Edit: I mean potential to be a good player in general, not a super rugby level player

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Not many.
However, he really isn't a concern scrummaging wise compared to Thor. Paraka is at the point where he can play either in my opinion. I understand there are difficulties with the change over, however I personally think he is more than up for it.

I think most props realise that THP has to do a lot more than a LHP at scrumtime. It often impacts on their play around the park

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
To me, the best signing ain't JOC (James O'Connor) or Karmichael - its Adam Thomsom. Whoever enticed him is a fucking genius.

Hopefully it will be like when we had Braid, top club man who lead the younger boys by example. Adam will bring his own thing and I am sure it will have a big impact on the other backrowers. Our 2014 weakness could become our 2015 strength and we could have a back row of absolute mongrels.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Not many.

If he made the change, he would have a good mentor in Greg Holmes who has done it.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully it will be like when we had Braid, top club man who lead the younger boys by example. Adam will bring his own thing and I am sure it will have a big impact on the other backrowers. Our 2014 weakness could become our 2015 strength and we could have a back row of absolute mongrels.

Yep, Thomson I think is just the player to put the balance into our back row.

T

Train Without a Station

Mate I am over the moon about the signing of Thomson. I think on the field he is such an important and influential signing.

I think his impact off the field may be a little overstated though. I'm sure he will be a very professional player but he's not known for being any sort of incredible professional like some players are.

B

Bobby Sands

I'd say he is odds on to grab given who has already been signed into other squads. I haven't seen much of his play, but all of a sudden young props seem to be everywhere in QLD so who knows.

R

Redsfan

I think I'm more excited about this season than I was about 2012. I don't even care that Graham is coach anymore, wtf?

Maybe things will change after the first game, but for now I'm keen as mustard for next season. I really hope that something comes of Cheika's attempts to bring some degree of centralisation to the playing styles of our franchises- I think that the Reds have the squad to smash the Tahs at their own game next year. Now I just need that membership.

B

Bobby Sands

How is it than in one off-season we pick up Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor), a Broncos lower-grader and snatch very hyped young fellow from across the dutch.

Then our bench lock becomes the form lock of the NRC. Our unsigned props are at the fore, around the park and in a dominant SCRUM performance in the final. Reds don't scrum do they?

Then we pick up an Ex-All-Black and current Japanese international for good measure.

That's one hell of bloody off-season, and we haven't even start training.

Status
Not open for further replies.