• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

What part is ridiculous?
It is been funded through donations which wouldn't otherwise be available to the QRU let alone ARU.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The premise is they want a permanent presence at Suncorp as the leaguies do. But they didn't want statues of players as they want to celebrate the game itself.

They are also asking for money so they don't have to pay for it themselves.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The Reds aren't broke.
But they were a few years ago before the ARU helped them out. So now you're suggesting they let the ARU go broke?

$580k just seems like a very extravagant waste of cash. Do they actually need that much to get it built or are they just trying to raise a bit extra? $580k will buy you a decent enough house in many parts of Brisbane or a unit in the CBD.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What part is ridiculous?
It is been funded through donations which wouldn't otherwise be available to the QRU let alone ARU.
The donation total is $210k so far after fundraising all year for it including the "one off" jerseys. It seems ridiculous that they need another $370k to get it done.

T

TOCC

But they were a few years ago before the ARU helped them out. So now you're suggesting they let the ARU go broke?

Does the Victorian Government cut spending because the Federal Government is in debt?

Thats not really what the issue is though, the point is that the money for this project is coming from donations, that is money which the QRU and ARU would not have received anyway, so why would the organisation cancel a project which is getting funded through other means and has no bearing on the finances of the QRU or ARU?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

Yeh that's obviously what I'm suggesting. I don't know how you got from the QRU not being broke to your conclusion but seriously have a think before you type complete shit.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
i hope Korzyk and kotze are worth the loss of payne cause i really think thats a big loss with the lack of locks going around.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
No worries Peter. Yeah it is a shame. The real worry is that if he lives up to the potential that I think he can he will be eligible for Wales as his old man is Welsh. As much as I wish the kid success, I wish it was in Australia.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeh that's obviously what I'm suggesting. I don't know how you got from the QRU not being broke to your conclusion but seriously have a think before you type complete shit.
It just seemed very Red eyed comment Sully - "The Reds aren't broke so who cares".

We've already been hearing about this scrum monument for a couple of years. Now that the price tag is out there, what's the problem with the fans who are being asked to fund it wondering why it should cost as much as a house?
What's going to be so fantastic about it to warrant the spend? And will there be any money coming in for it from the Government? It seems the QRL have been getting 50% of their statues cost from the Qld taxpayer and sponsors have kicked in the rest.
Lockyer's - http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/hundreds-gather-for-lockyer-statue-unveiling-20120308-1uo07.html

Mal - http://m.brisbanetimes.com.au/queen...pire-dread-in-nsw-players-20131004-2uzhc.html

redhead

Herbert Moran (7)
i hope Korzyk and kotze are worth the loss of payne cause i really think thats a big loss with the lack of locks going around.
️Well as far as I know he had his chance to compete for Reds contract playing in NRC but decided to look for his fortunes elsewhere. Good luck to him. I am confident that McDulling and Kotze will cover lock position in 2015 well. Korczyk is future number 6 not tall enough for lock.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
️Well as far as I know he had his chance to compete for Reds contract playing in NRC but decided to look for his fortunes elsewhere. Good luck to him. I am confident that McDulling and Kotze will cover lock position in 2015 well. Korczyk is future number 6 not tall enough for lock.
Payne was injured for most of the NRC as far as I was aware and missed his best chance at an audition. Not 100% sure so am happy to be corrected but.

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I like Kotze's signing from a leadership perspective as it gives all the young guys in the EDS someone with a level head to look up to, he was great down at GPS. Skill wise, he's handy for a 3rd-4th string lock but with his age I wouldn't be surprised if this is a one and done type deal before someone better comes along.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would be surprised if Payne wasn't going to be signed in some form (likely the EDS), but he choose to leave. Was discussed earlier in the thread somewhere.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

$580k just seems like a very extravagant waste of cash. Do they actually need that much to get it built or are they just trying to raise a bit extra? $580k will buy you a decent enough house in many parts of Brisbane or a unit in the CBD.

That could be a lot of money to be put into junior and regional rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.