• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sword of Justice

Bill McLean (32)
It's financed by Donations Ruggo. It's new money not taken from junior development.

It is partly/mostly funded by donations yes but why not use those donations for a better cause rather than something too abstract for most people to comprehend anyway. Junior development, player incentives etc etc...

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The scrum was largely crowd funded from what I heard. I don't think you can draw the conclusion that just because they raised $xxx for the scrum then they would be able to raise the same amount for junior development.

I think you guys might be looking for a controversy that isn't there. The scrum may not be to everyone's tastes but if it's not yours then maybe just leave it at that?
Each to their own but.

Dancin_Digby

Bob McCowan (2)
I think some people are missing the point of this discussion, who cares where the money comes from, what the f**k are they building that costs 580k!!!!! I could make them a scrum monument out of empty xxxx cans for a fraction of the cost!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It is partly/mostly funded by donations yes but why not use those donations for a better cause rather than something too abstract for most people to comprehend anyway. Junior development, player incentives etc etc.
Because the donors donated for a monument not junior development.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I know, I remember not opting to donate when I renewed my membership. I took the view their were other causes I would prefer to direct a spare $10.00 I don't really have a strong view on it either way on the project but I do have an affection for junior and regional rugby. I'm not arrogant enough to prescribe my view as higher than that of others and it would be good to see those who believe in the project get a good outcome for their money when it is completed.

Really bad joke but I hope the scrum doesn't collapse when it is formed. :eek:

Kind of on the charity front, I would love to see the Reds do the goats again when they do the SA tour. That was a great program and also had a real element of fun about it.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Ruggo - love your choice of words:

" I would love to see the Reds do the goats again "

That sort of stuff should be only be behind closed barn doors:)

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Ruggo - love your choice of words:

" I would love to see the Reds do the goats again "

That sort of stuff should be only be behind closed barn doors:)

An Aussi version of a Kiwi spin,
" I would love to see the Reds AB's do the goats ewes again "

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Really hope he is eased in. The weight of expectation on this poor kid. Wonder who/what age the youngest prop to play S15 is?? and what the next few are - imagine it is few and far under 21.

On the other hand (if starting in colts) - feel sorry for the 17/18 year old trying to tackle him esp. after a 6 month pre season doing S&C like a professional - Yikes!!!

T

TOCC

I think he will be ok to slot in at Premier Grade level, he has the benefit of a full pre-season in a professional environment.. Paul Alo-Emile was playing a bit of Premier Grade rugby when he was only 18/19

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Does anyone know what the eligibility rules for under 20's are? I assume they'll want to get him involved if possible to help his development along.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
yeah thats called fraud...

Very much so in this instance. I would be happy for the Reds to request a $10.00 donation when memberships are purchased in order for a development drive into junior and regional rugby. I would love the idea of the Reds growing the base of the game while they are strong. They have no worries filling the inbox with promotional bits and pieces so the could use the same info stream to fill in the membership as to what is being achieved with their donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.