• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Harris will be a great addition for the Rebs. He is one of those players you feel deserves to be in a starting team regularly. I also feel he is the best Goal kicker in Aus and should be first choice in that department too.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I am a little annoyed that we lost Mike. The re-signing of the Faainga twins is the one that worries me but. Two players that are sliding down the hierarchy of form players but two that are highly marketable.
I would sincerely hope we would be recruiting players for their playing ability not their marketability. I know I'm being a bit dramatic but I be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned.
Particularly if the signing forces Chibba to start looking elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
I just don't think we need to sign the Twins, their form is sliding and we have more then enough centers and Chibba is certainly our in form Hooker so they should not be a priority signing if at all.

Let them chase bigger money else where. Personally I want to see us sign a solid 15 and coach :). Would like to see Curtis Browning tried at No 8, while we look for a 3.

diomac

Frank Nicholson (4)
If we have signed the twins again, does that mean they intend to play JOC (James O'Connor) at Fullback? I assume Ant and Taps would be the Centres? Shipperly & Turner on the Wing?

Quite keen on the idea of Karmichael Hunt if we could snare him at fullback. Is there a reason we haven't had Rod Davies playing full back this season, isn't 15 his preferred spot?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The reason is that he is not a great fullback really. Good winger, who occasionally puts in great performances but not a great winger (yet, I do think he could be) and certainly not a great fullback.

I would LOVE to see the Reds get in a give Karmichael a home. His options in the NRL are realistically the Broncos and Storm. The broncs have neither the salary cap room or the room in the squad for him and he really doesn't want to leave South-East QLD because of his wife and young family. If he's willing, make it happen I say. Bit of bloody initiative wouldn't go astray, just give his manager a ring and say we are willing to talk if he wants the option. Could potentially be a terrific 15 or 12.

A backline containing Genia, cooper, Hunt, JOC (James O'Connor) (not the kind who has pulled his finger out), Tapuai and Sautia with shippers, ant, rocket and turner around starts to look seriously threatening. Goosebumps.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This would be a good backline if you could put it together

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. CFS
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Tapuai
14. Turner
15. Hunt

22. Fainga'a
23. Shipperly/Placid

T

tranquility

Mike leaving was inevitable, it could have very easily happened last year. Our list is unbalanced and it was either he or Taps. I was scared we would lose Taps if we kept playing him at 13, but thankfully it appears that he has re-signed. I have heard no rumour that Karmichael is looking at the Reds, so I am not going to flame that fire, but he would be a significant signing.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I hope so too. But in recent weeks I have heard from enough very credible sources that there is significant disaffection within the Reds squad concerning coaching, game plans, selections and general team morale.

If you are at the bottom of the ladder at this stage of the season, I really couldn't see these things being otherwise.
I mean, 'we're coming last but we've got the best coach around, a tremendous game plan, fantastic selections, and we're going to win every game here-on-in" just does not apply.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Just having a little dig.

He's been one of the ones thats given his 100% this year, and I'm surprised you've not tried harder to retain him.

But, he probably sees himself, and wants to play at 10/12. And he's not gotten that opportunity.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
He was the first choice 12 until injuries hit the outside backs and forced him to 15. The opportunity in Melbourne is to make more money than the Reds offered.

T

Train Without a Station

I'm sure the Reds offer was not even a true reflection of what they consider his value to them, and downgraded due to the other players who are signed and vying for similar positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.