• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Bridging what exactly?
If a player isn't ready to step into the captaincy shoes in 2016 then why should he be promoted to captain in 2015?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said, his mark on the role and the culture.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
RG will do what he believes is in the Reds best interests. Am sure that would be in consultation with the Reds brains trust of Carmichael and McCall.

James has cast the dice in respect of his future. The Reds will do the same.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I believe it was part of the press conference when they announced he's leaving. There's no need to take the captaincy off of him, even for 'transition', you can handle that with the vice captaincy.

T

TOCC

As I said, his mark on the role and the culture.

and why can't he do that next year when the captain has left?

Why must it be rushed?
Who is this said person who needs to Instill has mark and culture?

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would like to see Cooper elevated to the captaincy. He has a trend of responding well to responsibility, has formed and demonstrated a mature attitude in the public arena and what I like most is that while he has done this he still has shown the potential to be bold on the field. A bold approach suits our roster on paper. He is also the most marketable player in the squad. His position on the field is close enough to the action and the ref but distanced enough to see the paripheral aspects of the game.

Others in the starting 15 have the makings of a good captain but their positions put them at a disadvantage in the course of a game. Slipper for example would be an excellent captain but what happens if he is getting reamed by the ref at scrum time? I can only imagine it being difficult for him to form a dialogue with the ref.
I fondly remember QC (Quade Cooper)'s intent as captain in the Reds v Lions game a few years back. It was awesome rugby.

I vote for QC (Quade Cooper) based on this game.

BTW if anyone has a copy of the Reds v Lions game they want to share or sell please send me a message!

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I fondly remember QC (Quade Cooper)'s intent as captain in the Reds v Lions game a few years back. It was awesome rugby.

I vote for QC (Quade Cooper) based on this game.

BTW if anyone has a copy of the Reds v Lions game they want to share or sell please send me a message!

I think the coach would have prepared the game plan - not Quade. He has played in plenty of games since then and his form whilst OK has not been spectacular

T

TOCC

Reds have told Quade he won't be able to fight later this month alongside SBW and Messam due to an elbow injury which is impeding his boxing training.. He is apparently less then happy

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Can't have dessert if you don't eat your meat. Hopefully he pulls his head in (assuming he's actually genuinely upset over it all).

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
This has probably already been discussed, I only read the last couple of pages, but Thomson is the surely most important signing, but it's questionable if he is enough. This years back line with JOC (James O'Connor) and KH outside of Quade and Genia looks really dangerous. But the problem in 2014 came down to the Reds being regularly dominated in the breakdown. If they can't fix that this year they will struggle to take any advantage from their back line strength.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
This has probably already been discussed, I only read the last couple of pages, but Thomson is the surely most important signing, but it's questionable if he is enough. This years back line with JOC (James O'Connor) and KH outside of Quade and Genia looks really dangerous. But the problem in 2014 came down to the Reds being regularly dominated in the breakdown. If they can't fix that this year they will struggle to take any advantage from their back line strength.

So Gil & Shatz need to pull their thumb out in this facet of their game?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez QC (Quade Cooper) still wanting a boxing career. If he comes up against a quality fighter, he is in trouble.

I thought most contracts preclude blokes engaging in sports like snowboarding etc. Should be no different to boxing.

If injury occurs then rugby contract gets torn up. - make a choice.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Quade did an interview not that long ago saying the boxing gives him a focus during summer and he works really hard at it. His bout was going to be a big thing telecast on Channel 9 as part of that fight night thing.

Can understand why he is disappointed, not sure the extent of the injury but young blokes are all invincible. It is a massive year for him though, probably for the best.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.