• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
True, but I would be more concerned about the attitude and lack of an approach/style

There appeared to be no plan or no commitment to the plan - either to me is the concern

Fully Agree the Reds were dominated across the park. How many rolling malls ended in points for the Brumbies. I don't think we stopped one ! I am hoping this is first game jitters and will give my poor old Reds another chance against the Force at home to see any improvement. No easy task after watching the Force against the Tahs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Fully Agree the Reds were dominated across the park. How many rolling mails ended in points for the Brumbies. I don't think we stopped one ! I am hoping this is first game jitters and will give my poor old Reds another chance against the Force at home to see any improvement. No easy task after watching the Force against the Tahs.

They were dominated, my concern for them (well slight being a Tahs supporter) is just what were they planning to do?

The other Aus sides had a visible way they wanted to play, I couldn't work out what the Reds wanted to do.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
They had the same issue last year too, not being able to implement whatever Graham's game plan was.

I'll always support the Reds, but it doesn't mean you have to support every individual player or coach.

Graham may be a great guy, but he needs to earn our support as a coach and he just hasn't done it. It things don't improve in the next couple of games then he must go, and soon.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Agreed Ash. I will always support the Reds.... rain, hail or shine. However as Ash said that doesn't mean we have to be happy with or support every aspect of the organisation.

The Fact of the matter is that the players didn't look like they knew what to do in attack or defense(the set piece also seems to have gone backwards). Either the game plan is terrible or there is a disconnect between the coaches and players. Either way I see that as the coaches responsibilities. Graham joined the Reds in mid 2013 I believe(?)... surely there should be some semblance of a game plan by now.

It's not like they have been sitting on their arse or training only twice a week during the pre season. They(the collective) have had more than enough time to get a team playing with some sort of shape in attack, sting in defense and effectiveness at the breakdown.

I think the reason why some of the supporters are unhappy is the distinct lack of improvement from the season last year to now. Yes it is the first game. However it was also the first game for the Rebels, Force, Cheetahs, Stormers, Chiefs and of course the Brumbies. Look at the difference in game plan, physicality and simple determination between those teams and the Reds performance on Friday night. I'd say all those teams looked as good as, if not better, than they did last year.

Of course I pray to the rugby gods that last Friday was just a blip on the radar, nothing to worry about. RG should hold his position for the season unless we see those score lines every week. The QRU should be looking forward to next season and possible head coaches who can get the most out of an incredibly talented group of young players. I am worried, if the issue is the coaching team, that a lot of these players will head elsewhere to further their rugby career. That would be the biggest blow to the Reds and a very real prospect.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Are you suggesting there's bad blood there? If so, any details or just surmising? On the topic, I noticed he didn't get a warm welcome back to the bench from his own team mates when he was carded the second time. But I guess you'd have to expect that.
No it's 100% pure speculation based on about 10 seconds of video.
But I saw the lack of any welcome when he returned to the bench the second time. To be expected for sure.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Your teams getting flogged and a player has just been red carded for stupid indiscretions. Of course he wasn't applauded off the field, doesn't means people hate each other

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but none of the bench seemed to even want to look in his direction. You'd think some of them would have had a sarcastic comment or two like, "Nice one James".

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think Richard Graham is running such a huge negative emotional ledger now that it probably doesn’t matter what he says to the guys in terms of structure or technical aspects – they just won’t trust in what he is trying to get them to do.

The players may like him, he may be the most likable coach in the history of the reds – but it won’t matter a single iota because his record clearly shows that he does not know what he is doing and therefore there will always be a smidgen of doubt in the players minds about what they are hearing, even if it is the most obviously correct thing they have ever heard.

I think there are probably deficiencies in the other coaching areas as well – RG is not alone in this for sure, but this is the team he has created and built. He has been given everything that he has asked for and his results are completely unchanged from when he was at the force.

To get back into the positive books he would need such a long streak of positive outcomes that it would be enough to say that there is not enough time before the reds went bankrupt again – ergo he must go.

Like a band-aid……… Right Off!!!!!!!

For those saying don’t judge them on the first game of the season:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...er-failed-season/story-fnii0lp2-1226987492987

Jim Charmichael said:
But mark the Reds, Richard and I on the first game of next season when we are back in the arms race with a new player list and more high performance support around the team.

I can think of no fairer KPI than one set by the very body that is to be "marked".

There are no excuses for serving up the same shite as last yer.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The good old 'I told you so' might feel good for a little bit but will generally make you pretty unpopular for a lot longer.

T

TOCC

The only thing worse then a sore loser is a winner who gloats....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brendan Hume

Charlie Fox (21)
I still can't understand why teams aren't using the "Ireland" defence from a lineout maul, or at least working harder on the sack. Reds were owned by the Brums on a few occasions, and the Force driving maul looks technically excellent and very effective (at least when they catch the ball). Showing no capability to adapt is what saps my hope.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I still can't understand why teams aren't using the "Ireland" defence from a lineout maul, or at least working harder on the sack. Reds were owned by the Brums on a few occasions, and the Force driving maul looks technically excellent and very effective (at least when they catch the ball). Showing no capability to adapt is what saps my hope.

Because it's easy to counter, just don't move the ball backwards.. if you're not going to contest the maul you've just given the opposition the perfect set-up.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The good old 'I told you so' might feel good for a little bit but will generally make you pretty unpopular for a lot longer.

Not really gloating. There were suggestions that K would walk into the Wallabies probably at 12 in place of Matt To'omua as recently as a few days before Friday's game. I came across the post in question more or less by accident as I've been laboriously scanning through the Reds thread trying to get info on when the current players signed up and for how long. Seems to be a dearth of info up until page 165 where I've reached.

So the post in question I thought was relevant to the ongoing discussion re K showing how long there has been this anticipation from Reds fans about his inclusion in the Wallabies, mostly at the expense of about the most consistent performer in the backline. There is no evidence yet to support that contention.

On the other topic, can anyone post the current contract details of the Reds squad in so far as when the players' current contracts are due to expire.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Only a couple of people have suggested the he be considered to be in the wallabies. I think they probably have been shooting their wad a bit early.

Most have been quiet on the issue - or have openly said wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.