• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Actually it did, but you shrugged it off as a playful nip. Next week you'll find out you have rabies....

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Gel,
Matt Ryan was coaching in Brisbane a few years ago is he still there? He seemed to have gotten the best out of Penrith in the SS over the years, thought he had them playing more competitively than Scott Johnson whom he took over from.
Other than that Toutai Kefu was coaching in Brisbane somewehere, how did he go?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought that Toutai Kefu is currently coaching in Japan? Toutai coached Sunshine coast a few years ago; I think that his brother Steve Kefu is/was coaching there now.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Pretty sure Steve Kefu is coaching Prem Colts at Souths this year Ash, he was assistant Prems coach there last year and even pulled on the boots for a couple of games in the closing rounds when depth at 10 & 12 were stretched.

Though they all seem to move around so much during the season these days I'm probably wrong!

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
What's the deal with JOC (James O'Connor)? GAGR just posted on FB that he'd signed with Toulon. I thought that was a done deal, has he signed another deal for next year, or is this the one that lets him play Super Rugby in AUS next year?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Pretty sure Steve Kefu is coaching Prem Colts at Souths this year Ash, he was assistant Prems coach there last year and even pulled on the boots for a couple of games in the closing rounds when depth at 10 & 12 were stretched.

Though they all seem to move around so much during the season these days I'm probably wrong!

That would make sense, the if I remember correctly the Kefu brothers all played for Souths.

I remember Steve from high school and he was a great guy, so I hope he goes well.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What's the deal with JOC (James O'Connor)? GAGR just posted on FB that he'd signed with Toulon. I thought that was a done deal, has he signed another deal for next year, or is this the one that lets him play Super Rugby in AUS next year?

It was always known he was going to Toulon it just became official today ie. signed on actual paper. There's rumour going around he could be a swap deal for Izzy but I'm not sure how that would work if JOC (James O'Connor) is intending to come back before the RWC given Folau is contracted until after the WC. Maybe it's for 2016.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Thanks Qwerty, I knew he was off to Toulon just thought it was all signed sealed and delivered already.

Interesting re the swap though, don't mind getting JOC (James O'Connor) back but would hate to lose Izzy!

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Toulon in time will have the best QLD back Genia,Cooper,JOC (James O'Connor) And Izzy, ( all from QLD)it's ever seen. Lucky them for having the money to buy players.
2015 is the year when we see some of our key players leave the club for France.
Especially if the performance from 2014 continues into next year.

T

Train Without a Station

I think that's massively dramatic. There has been better money in Europe for years, despite the reds being shit from around 2003 to 2009 there wasn't a mass exodus of players we wanted to keep. Players still left because there was money I offer but there were still good opportunities here.

I could easily double my salary by going into the mining industry. But I'm happy where I am and have better long term opportunities where I am so I don't, much like some rugby players considering moves.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Thanks Qwerty, I knew he was off to Toulon just thought it was all signed sealed and delivered already.

Interesting re the swap though, don't mind getting JOC (James O'Connor) back but would hate to lose Izzy!

Personally, I wouldn't swap JOC (James O'Connor) for Izzy's big toe.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Toulon in time will have the best QLD back Genia,Cooper,JOC (James O'Connor) And Izzy, ( all from QLD)it's ever seen. Lucky them for having the money to buy players.
2015 is the year when we see some of our key players leave the club for France.
Especially if the performance from 2014 continues into next year.

Hasn't Will signed for Bath?

Status
Not open for further replies.