• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
In september is the Reds sale?

Yeah, the last few years they have been selling stuff at 50% off around September and it goes through to almost Christmas. I normally buy in early so I am sure I am getting the right sizes. It is just surplus stock from the season they are trying to get rid of. Given how shit 2015 was I dare say they will have a fair bit of left over stock that did not sell.

You can also get it from the BLK online store but you pay for postage on that. Happens around the same time as the Reds online shop sale.

Do you get the emails from them, it will come through that.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Can this "to quote or not to quote" argument regarding whole news articles be moved somewhere appropriate?
I keep checking theis forum for reds news & discussion (I'm currently an optimist still holding onto the hope of a new coach) but only have this to read.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Redshappy. Regardless of what you think you should be able to do you're talking to the wrong people. Gagger made the rule and he's the one you need to PM to change it. Until it's changed I am asking you to follow the sites rules.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Can this "to quote or not to quote" argument regarding whole news articles be moved somewhere appropriate?
I keep checking theis forum for reds news & discussion (I'm currently an optimist still holding onto the hope of a new coach) but only have this to read.

You are a fool optimist, when the truth is out you will be wishing you were reading about mundane forum rules. The end is nigh.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Is the pay wall the issue?
Copyright is the issue.

With a summary or attributed excerpts it's arguably fair use, but with the whole article: no chance.

But paywalls aren't all completely sealed. Even Newscorp allow holes in theirs depending on the source page (i.e. use your websearch engine on the article title).

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Interesting that so many comments focus on the 'quotation' issue and not the content of the article. Lets not get sidetracked like a politics debate.

I find it astounding that Quade Cooper has most likely played his last game for Qld, and attended his last function for them and there has been no acknowledgement of his service. Even if he does stay next year what harm in having a send off/closure of the last 5 seasons for him. At least that shows that the organisation is looking at creating a healthy culture.

From the information in that article, the culture doesn't look healthy, just to go along with the way that the Reds actually played the game this year, and last and oh wait....2013.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
all very amusing for me and other Reds blokes on our table..

You can put lpts of "spin" pn anything.

The "call centre" from the coast must have neen bisy.

Anyway Hopefully Dales gets on the park in 2016 and makes a difference.:)

Mate the People have spoken Dales got the vote. What's funny about democracy in action?

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Interesting that so many comments focus on the 'quotation' issue and not the content of the article. Lets not get sidetracked like a politics debate.

I find it astounding that Quade Cooper has most likely played his last game for Qld, and attended his last function for them and there has been no acknowledgement of his service. Even if he does stay next year what harm in having a send off/closure of the last 5 seasons for him. At least that shows that the organisation is looking at creating a healthy culture.

From the information in that article, the culture doesn't look healthy, just to go along with the way that the Reds actually played the game this year, and last and oh wait..2013.

It just sounded like a bunch of gossip from the WAGS to me.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It just sounded like a bunch of gossip from the WAGS to me.

You are suggesting that the WAG S would have no concept of any on going politics?

It is inconceivable (to me) that the Reds treatment of QC (Quade Cooper) is anything but very deliberate. that's not politics, just one very irritated fan?

T

TOCC

To me It just sounds like Quade's future is still undecided, if he had made his mind up that he wouldn't be returning to the Reds then Quade would have said some through his social media accounts like he always does.

Why have a going away party for someone who may not be going?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
What people are involved in peoples choice?

I am a member and did not get asked to vote, is voting at the ground?

I think it might be more of a marketing award for charity work and is well deserved, but I struggle to understand how a guy who barely played wins.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
The Quade thing is quite laughable.

Whichever way you look at it he has not performed consistently (at any level) well since 2011. Plenty of reasons but I;m sick of excuses. I just want performance.....

Should he be extremly highly paid. No No No.

Enjoy France

T

Train Without a Station

Fucking hell Scrubber if you had your way we'd have about 2 fucking players.

The amount of quality players who have been responsible for bringing the franchise to a position where they could fuck up for 2 consecutive years at board level and still remain afloat, you have slated in these pages is absolutely disgraceful.

And seldom has it been specific, target and measured criticism. That sort of thing is warranted. E.g. "Fuck I wish Quade would just straighten the backline. He's killing players outside of him".

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What people are involved in peoples choice?

I am a member and did not get asked to vote, is voting at the ground?

I think it might be more of a marketing award for charity work and is well deserved, but I struggle to understand how a guy who barely played wins.

it was on the web site. It was promoted. I voted. I bet you did get asked to vote. It was in one of the e-mails the Reds send through. Go back and look.

razorblunt

Frank Row (1)
So it appears Eto Nabuli may not be staying with the Dragons next season:
ETO ON THE MOVE

Dragons winger Eto Nabuli recently re-signed with the Red V on a one-year-deal, only to be told weeks later that he is free to find another club.
The 26-year-old has since been linked with a switch to rugby union.
The Wests Tigers have also been rumoured to be interested in the winger.

This little excerpt was in Fox Sport's NRL Market Watch here: http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...nrl-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227469769989

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Cooper wouldn't want to be letting this drag out much longer. Somewhat concerning nothing has been said in a couple of week since everyone thought the Speight announcement would be about him. While I am happy every blow isn't being played out in the media he needs to make a call soon.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Fucking hell Scrubber if you had your way we'd have about 2 fucking players.

The amount of quality players who have been responsible for bringing the franchise to a position where they could fuck up for 2 consecutive years at board level and still remain afloat, you have slated in these pages is absolutely disgraceful.

And seldom has it been specific, target and measured criticism. That sort of thing is warranted. E.g. "Fuck I wish Quade would just straighten the backline. He's killing players outside of him".

Shit Train you constantly amazed with your insight.

IF you had your way we would have a team of hacks.

It amuses me that you rarely base anything on performances on the field. Excuses excuses. Fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.