• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Yeah the QRU announced their intentions for that largest scrum some time ago, then Foxsports jumped on the bandwagon as well, initially I thought they were marketing the same thing, but no the Bledisloe Cup one is completely separate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ours is a fundraiser for the Scrum monument, so if that wasn't enough of an incentive to get on board, then the now added bonus of beating those filthy southerners record attempt should do it. :D

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Only one Queensland Reds' player in the Wallaby First XV*

An accurate reflection of RG's legacy?

*(Notwithstanding Simmo would have been there if not injured).

Even in the dark ole days of Queensland rugby, circa 1970's, we got more than one player in the Gold.
But for the time being I'll accept it with injuries & niggles, as no one is really putting up their hand from north of the border to be included, and I think Cheika is still experimenting.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
But for the RWC final, which I know the Wallabies will get to, here is my first XV team:

Slipper
Moore (ex Red)
Holmes
Simmons
Horwill
Higgers (ex Red)
Gill
Pocock (ex Red)
Genea
Cooper
Mitchell (ex Red)
Kerevi
Tevita Kuridrani ( only cause he's Chris Kuidrani's cuz)
O'Connor
Israel Folau (cause he played for Maroons in State of Origin)

:);):D:p

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I reckon we will have only 2 in the RWD starting side - slipper and simmons

Suspect QC (Quade Cooper), Horwill, Jolmes and possinly Genia will all get bench spots

So not too bad considering the lack of team result of 2015 and irrespective of RG

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
But for the RWC final, which I know the Wallabies will get to, here is my first XV team:

Slipper
Moore (ex Red)
Holmes
Simmons
Horwill
Higgers (ex Red)
Gill
Pocock (ex Red)
Genea
Cooper
Mitchell (ex Red)
Kerevi
Tevita Kuridrani ( only cause he's Chris Kuidrani's cuz)
O'Connor
Israel Folau (cause he played for Maroons in State of Origin)

:);):D:p

Mate you left out the People's Choice - playing pretty well all year - might be a smokey

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
do we know whats happening for Lachie, Beau and Quirk? i know Lachie signed with Toulon and wants to come back but what about Beau and Quirky? have they signed with anyone else?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Only one Queensland Reds' player in the Wallaby First XV*

An accurate reflection of RG's legacy?

*(Notwithstanding Simmo would have been there if not injured).

THAT right there is a fucking disgrace.

The Board and Richard Graham should be absolutely ashamed of themselves. Fucking Idiots.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Let's not assume that a KPI of the current Reds set up is to produce test quality players. All evidence points to the contrary based on this Bled line up.

Having said that Simmo is injured and Slipper may be on the bench because he is not right to start the game.

Reactions: gel

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
do we know whats happening for Lachie, Beau and Quirk? i know Lachie signed with Toulon and wants to come back but what about Beau and Quirky? have they signed with anyone else?

Beau has been named in the NSW Country Eagles NRC team today - not sure if that indicates he didn't want to stick around Qld for NRC before looking for a contract offshore - assuming that is where he will go as all the Oz Super Rugby teams have entrenched Number 7's so he would be on the bench, apart from the Rebels who have quite a few 7's so no opportunities in Oz.

Haven't heard anything about Quirk yet - expect him to be named in Qld Country NRC team but after that don't know.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
In hindsight can't believe how easily we were rid of RG. The way our board backs a non performing coach combined with his hang on for dear life approach we could have ended up with RG as "Coach for Life" ala North Korea.

Status
Not open for further replies.