• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
How can RG be expected to deliver a winning team with no internationals? Can't blame him for the results when he has no good players[/QldBoard]

I would take a team of non rep players with Liam Gill qualities any day.

Rep honours are nice but not necessary to success, they do help though.

For a long time I think playing Test match rugby is too easy when you look at how many players actually get a game. With a few player movements you could almost have all five Super Rugby franchises with a starting front row, and possible a starting pack that are all capped

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Why does it bother you so much Scrubber? Did you vote? Did your guy not get up?

I just think it is weird that a bloke who doesn't start a game (I think) gets an award such as this. Chuck must have called in sime votes.

Quirky must have been up there as well.

Have a nice day:)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Same as Taqele Naiyarovoro. While Big FellowLongName is still a work in progress, it hasn't been an unmitigated disaster that some cross code signings have been.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Eto Nabuli has just signed with the Reds ..

Link
Seems Rugby League contracts mean just as much as Union ones

Dragons Re-sign Nabuli for 2016 - on the Dragons website
The St George Illawarra Dragons announced on Sunday that Eto Nabuli has agreed to a one-year contract extension that will see him remain at the Club until at least the end of 2016.

Reds sign Nabuli for 2016
Nabuli was told recently by Dragons coach Paul McGregor that he was not required by the club in 2016, and entered into discussions with both the Reds and Western Force.

T

TOCC

Eto is a fantastic attacking player, he never adjusted well to the league defensive patterns. Hopefully his union background will mean he can transition quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Nabuli was carrying the bags of Freddy Fittler & Andrew Johns at their hotel a few years ago when they went on a talent spotting mission. League media hailed it as great new era of getting Fijians in but he hasn't been that great of a defender.

So now back to the game he grew up with.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eto_Nabuli

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nabuli was carrying the bags of Freddy Fittler & Andrew Johns at their hotel a few years ago when they went on a talent spotting mission. League media hailed it as great new era of getting Fijians in but he hasn't been that great of a defender.

So now back to the game he grew up with.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eto_Nabuli

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

197 cm and 105 kg. The size of an international winger. Let's see what he can do.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
hes already tall enough, could we get him to put 10kgs on and play as the most mobile lock in Australian Rugby? hes a pretty good jumper already. i also saw that Rory Arnolds "little" brother was playing for QLD Country, if hes almost as good as his brother i would want to lock him up pretty quickly.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Who was Naiyarovoro's coaching when he came over?

Richard Graham is a complete moron when it comes to coaching and will not have the ability to turn anyone into anything other than poor.

Any signings the Reds make *must* take into account who the coaching will be.

We could sign the All Blacks in their entirety and Richard Graham would still lose way more than he wins because he is just so grossly incompetent at head coaching.

Anyone that doesn't understand how a complete moron in a senior managerial position can't absolutely destroy even the best organisational teams has either limited experience in the real world or is an idiot.

I am completely over this bullshit with the reds.

QRU, fucking fire the moron now.

gel, as I think you'd agree, one of the major downsides of the QRU not sacking RG mid-season or immediately at season's end is simply that he has been allowed to craft, or go on crafting, the entire Reds squad as he sees fit for 2016.

Even if a new HC of calibre was appointed now, his hands re squad design would be largely tied for the whole 2016 season and with elements of that constraint continuing through to 2017's.

Anyone who knows 'the real RG' from the inside knows his managerial MO was that of a 'superior schoolmaster' type, he could not cope with internal debate, critique, genuine two-way dialogue with players, and so on. He sought deference and compliance and consulted poorly. Those who ventured to offer alternative views to RG's were effectively isolated or slapped down; ultimately, they gave up and were left sullen and disillusioned with the whole Reds management set-up. (As the 2015 season continued we could see this micro-culture amply demonstrated in the listless, lifeless way in which so many Reds played their matches.)

This internal reality is/was in complete contrast to RG's 'real good Aussie bloke' external media image, but it's the truth.

This managerial predisposition absolutely means that RG will unthinkingly preference young, inexperienced, and thus naturally deferential, players over those more self-confident and ready to offer up opinions on how the Reds should play, or give active views and inputs to the coaches.

We see that selection bias in in Reds' 2016 squad, filled as it is with experimental youngsters and newbies, as so many of the older players have, for varying reasons, gone elsewhere.

The vast, multiple negative impacts of the long-running RG fiasco will sadly live on for years within QLD rugby.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
That likely spells the end of Turner's time with the Reds. Don't need another winger.

We still need depth at fullback. Who knows if JOC (James O'Connor) is actually sticking around next season.

I've got no problem with the recruitment, if his story is right, the guy would appear to be a pretty humble dude who's willing to perform a role. We haven't really had a inside ball running option since 2012 when Digby's knees weren't shit. He'll hopefully give the likes of Greene a bail out/go forward when they get given shit pill.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Who was Naiyarovoro's coaching when he came over?

Richard Graham is a complete moron when it comes to coaching and will not have the ability to turn anyone into anything other than poor.

Any signings the Reds make *must* take into account who the coaching will be.

We could sign the All Blacks in their entirety and Richard Graham would still lose way more than he wins because he is just so grossly incompetent at head coaching.

Anyone that doesn't understand how a complete moron in a senior managerial position can't absolutely destroy even the best organisational teams has either limited experience in the real world or is an idiot.

I am completely over this bullshit with the reds.

QRU, fucking fire the moron now.

HAHA good rant Gel - thanks I needed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.