• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
How much longer, Mister Carmichael?

And JOC (James O'Connor) should not be anywhere near the Wallabies.

Reactions: gel
M

Moono75

....is it 2016 already....Dick....Dick Graham are you in here? <insert the sounds of crickets....silence>.......he's goooorrrnnn!

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm confused why people are saying JOC (James O'Connor) isn't going well?
Almost every touch he has he looks likely to spark something and often does. His biggest issues seems to be that he gets about 4 touches a match.
Is it that he's not getting himself involved enough or is it more his D that people are saying isn't up to scratch?
I ain't his biggest fan but I think he's been going ok to good. :-/

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
JOC (James O'Connor) should have been playing 10 but too late now. Crazy that the only 2 guys in the back line capable of creating any sort of play or uncertainty in the opposition are never within cooee of each other.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Haha! Good luck with that Mourad!

EDIT: For those on tapatalk, the above is a tweet that says:
Mourad Boudjellal announced today that Reds' assistant coach Steve Meehan will replace Pierre Mignoni as Toulon's backs coach next season

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Well, assuming that Graham stays and the board hold their line, I guess that Graham and the Reds board are going to blame the S&C staff and Steve Meehan for the Reds failures this year. Excuses all lined up and ready to go!

Reactions: gel

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
JOC (James O'Connor) should have been playing 10 but too late now. Crazy that the only 2 guys in the back line capable of creating any sort of play or uncertainty in the opposition are never within cooee of each other.

I get the feeling that there's resistance to him playing 10 in S15 because of the resistance to him playing 10 in gold again. And in some respects, fair enough. The problem is that some other poor bugger (hello Frisby) has to play out of position instead.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm pretty sure I heard that JOC (James O'Connor) is the reason the JOC (James O'Connor) isn't playing 10. Pretty sure he told RG that he didn't feel comfortable enough in the role.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm pretty sure I heard that JOC (James O'Connor) is the reason the JOC (James O'Connor) isn't playing 10. Pretty sure he told RG that he didn't feel comfortable enough in the role.

That was the story on the night of the great switcharoo. I don't buy it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Haha! Good luck with that Mourad!

EDIT: For those on tapatalk, the above is a tweet that says:
Mourad Boudjellal announced today that Reds' assistant coach Steve Meehan will replace Pierre Mignoni as Toulon's backs coach next season

He's been really well received up north after that decision, they reckon it's a fantastic acquisition.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Another pointer that QC (Quade Cooper) is staying put.

I know the billionaires who own French rugby aren't exactly best mates but I also get the impression that burning one of them by backing out of a hand-shake deal would have consequences if/ when he does decide to chase the €uros. Can't imagine the Nigel's across the channel being too impressed either & I think we all know how the Japanese view people who don't keep their word........

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I know the billionaires who own French rugby aren't exactly best mates but I also get the impression that burning one of them by backing out of a hand-shake deal would have consequences if/ when he does decide to chase the €uros. Can't imagine the Nigel's across the channel being too impressed either & I think we all know how the Japanese view people who don't keep their word....

Many assumptions you are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.