• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think he'll hang around for the NRC. An injury to Folau or Beale and he's on his way to London. The ARU will have told him to keep match fit and play the NRC. I have no idea what that means for the Reds next year though.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Just thought I'd mention that I was one of the 19 desk audtied. My application was hamstrung by an insistence that I at least hold a Level I coaching qualification.

I blew my nose on a tissue and handed that in as my application. Thought I was a dead set certainty to get the job over Woody.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A bloke wearing a Reds shirt came into the shop today so I asked him what he thought of the Wobs RWC squad & shared my theory as to why there's only 2 x hookers, he shared his thoughts on Horwill's (not pleased) & JOC (James O'Connor)'s omissions & we had a good 5min chat. Then I asked what he thought about RG getting re-appointed & he had no words, just shook his head...............

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
There are no rational grounds. There never have been. He has friends in high places period. His former team mates were happy to tell all sorts of stories before he destroyed the Reds, I can only imagine what they'd say now.

Ignoring his record RG is a completely unimpressive coach. I've had the chance to work with him a few times back in 2012-13 and he had no presence like you see in top level coaches. He could have easily have been a vagrant wandering on the field. Compare that to Eddie who sank us pretty well but day in day out you would still believe in him because he was more than a marionette.

At the Wallaby level, Deans may have been criticised for many things over time, but was often praised for his understanding of the intricacies of the game, his ability to manage law changes, and his willingness to share his knowledge with lower-level coaches.
Compared to that standard, I have only seen RG commended for being a "good guy" and "resilient".

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
At the Wallaby level, Deans may have been criticised for many things over time, but was often praised for his understanding of the intricacies of the game, his ability to manage law changes, and his willingness to share his knowledge with lower-level coaches.
Compared to that standard, I have only seen RG commended for being a "good guy" and "resilient".

Oh Please. Whilst I do think Andrew Blades failed totally, Deans also has to take the blame for the Wallabies total inability to deal with the change in the scrum laws. The Wallabies scrum was left behind when the very well telegraphed scrum changes came in.

As for Deans understanding the game, what does it matter when he was unable to convey said understanding to anybody else in language and training systems that anybody understood.

T

Train Without a Station

The Crusaders understood him. 5 times.

Not knocking him, an actual question. How much success has he had outside of there? Considering they have played in 2 finals in the last 4 years and this year was the first time they missed the finals in forever, is it not possible that the success was very strongly linked to the system and the players at his disposal?

My point being if he's only had great success at one place, perhaps it wasn't that significantly due to him. I don't know his results in Japan so I'm not commenting either way, just asking the question.

Waterboyrugby

Herbert Moran (7)
Fair call. I'd say none outside of Crusaders. All I know is to even compare RG to Deans (@ Test level) is a complete injustice to Deans.

Reactions: gel

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Oh Please. Whilst I do think Andrew Blades failed totally, Deans also has to take the blame for the Wallabies total inability to deal with the change in the scrum laws. The Wallabies scrum was left behind when the very well telegraphed scrum changes came in.

As for Deans understanding the game, what does it matter when he was unable to convey said understanding to anybody else in language and training systems that anybody understood.

Deans never coached the Wallabies under the new scrum law changes. Lions tour was the last hoorah for Deans and the old laws.

T

Tip

The most logical decision is that it would be more impressive to go from last place in S18 that it is to go from last place in S15 to winning the comp.

An 18 place improvement is hard to beat

It would be a 17 place improvement, 18 is pretty damn impossible to beat :p

In all seriousness.

Gilly & O'Connor should take a leaf out of Quade's book and get out of Reds2016 and get into Rio2016 instead.

Come back 2017 to a new kick-ass coach as who wouldn't want to coach the Reds..I could have done better this year with a 10-man rugby strategy drawn on the back of a napkin.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
The 2016 squad on page 1 has 36 names on it. Includes Slipper who will not be available due to surgery so 35...

If they are ALL signed to the full time squad, where is there room for a marque? OR are players like..mafi and roddha a part of the 'EPS' which we have only had 2 or 3 players in the last few seasons.

Would love to see Fotuaika, Tupou, Arnold, Tupou, Cornelson, Nucifora, Dagleish and say...Laloifi or Tela be apart of the wider training squad/ development team that works with Brad Thorn and etc. Obviously will have some good players in our un20 side training at Ballymore, just hope there's room for some of those bit older, bigger blokes to be prepared as backups also.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
My memories of Cornelson running out in the Grammar 1st XV makes me think that the tutoring from Thorn to develop him and the other young blokes is the best Rugby decision the Reds have made in about 3 years.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
This just came up in my Facebook news feed. Pretty sure I'm hearing what Gilly is trying to tell the people of QLD loud and clear.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440389735.647504.jpg

T

TOCC

People can say what they like and criticise me for refusing to give up my membership, but it's blokes like Liam Gill and Greg Holmes who give me reason to continue to support the Reds, I've expressed my thoughts to the QRU but i won't be tearing up my membership. I don't see it as supporting the organisation, I see it as supporting the players.

People on here will disagree and try and tell me that ceasing my membership is my way of communicating with the QRU, that's fine that's your opinion, but my opinion is different and it is different for reasons I don't feel need to be discussed.

Go Reds..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.