• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

triplet

Allen Oxlade (6)
Exactly right RH. And the lack of explanation on how RG is the best man for the job flies in the face of this gem from Jim Carmichael.

It won't happen at all if you don't explain it to us Jim!

Perhaps RG's agent had too good a contract originally written up to cover a "sacking" and has made it just too financially draining for the QRU to sack him. Not that the QRU will admit to it of course. I'm pretty sure the QRU are fairly skint at present.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Perhaps RG's agent had too good a contract originally written up to cover a "sacking" and has made it just too financially draining for the QRU to sack him. Not that the QRU will admit to it of course. I'm pretty sure the QRU are fairly skint at present.
Nah, he didn't have a contract for next season so they could've just chosen not to renew it.

Probably going to turn out more financially draining to have kept him around given how many members have stated they won't renew now

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)

Close friend, Reds board member and sports agent Chris White has always denied acting professionally for RG.....

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
Close friend, Reds board member and sports agent Chris White has always denied acting professionally for RG...

He has "advised" him throughout his career and in his move from the Force., but as Eales was so eager to point out when the integrity of IQ was questioned he has never been listed on the IQ website.

Funnily, before we realised what a genuine dud RG was going to be, a former Reds and Aus 7s team mate of RGs was telling me that it's generally accepted that everything RG has ever gotten was due to his almost lifelong friendship with White.

T

TOCC

Mungo papers keep speculating that Brisbane Bronco's winger Daniel Vidot will sign with the Reds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
I know this has been mentioned before but it seems like an awful waste of resources to drop probably around $200,000 on an established (unwanted) NRL winger. I realise big wingers are all the range at the moment but Vidot's positives don't outweigh his negatives in my opinion.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Hope the Reds don't pick up Vidot, he has hands like feet and can barely make the Ipswich team.

Don't follow league at all so no idea who this guy is. Does he have any positives Jeeper? Does he have a rugby background (trying to look for some positives here...)? Does he have the same manager as RG?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
He led the NRL in metres last year, he's a strong runner. Only problem is I don't think his running style is suited to RU. He'd be better of sticking with the Broncs or signing with another team and developing into a league prop

T

TOCC

I know this has been mentioned before but it seems like an awful waste of resources to drop probably around $200,000 on an established (unwanted) NRL winger. I realise big wingers are all the range at the moment but Vidot's positives don't outweigh his negatives in my opinion.

I'm not sure on the price, but he was reportedly going to join Rabbitohs on a $70'000 contract earlier this year before it fell through, so I'd imagine he would be closer to that figure at the Reds.

I don't rate him, I'd be happy if he didn't join the Reds, especially since the Reds have already picked up Nabuli.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
Yeah I can't see Vidot being on anything more than 85,000 (if this is true). I think a motivation to sign with the Reds would be to stay in Brisbane rather than move to Sydney. He'd been linked with Canterbury for some time

Status
Not open for further replies.