• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
If this is true, then McCall & White need to be dismissed from the board.
The one positive McCall had was to be in charge of the board that selected McKenzie, but after that, it has been all down hill for him.
If McCall is profiting on the side directly from his chairman's position then the ARU should scrutinize it.

It's been the case for years that McCall's printing company has the rights to and does print almost all Reds/QRU printed material including the Reds' game day programs. This is disclosed in the Annual Report's fine (very fine) print. So, he's been indirectly profiting from his Chairman's role for some time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's been the case for years that McCall's printing company has the rights to and does print almost all Reds/QRU printed material including the Reds' game day programs. This is disclosed in the Annual Report's fine (very fine) print. So, he's been indirectly profiting from his Chairman's role for some time.

I was involved in a tender process for the printing work at the QRU whilst there. IPG won it. Their service is unbelievable - it is ridiculous how quickly they turn things around because timelines are always very late. The company has had the work since the mid-90s, long before McCall being Chairman.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Whats more scary and more indicative of the squad turnover is that 50%(14 players) of the squad have debut'd in the past 2 years, and thats not including new additions like Douglas, Neville and O'Connor'

I've said it before: Link stated in early 2013 that he had then handed over most elements of Reds squad planning and recruitment to RG given that RG was to be HC from 2014, etc.

What we have for 2016 in squad terms is the result of RG's capabilities and insights in this area.

The probable Reds 2016 broader squad list above is very clearly of a type in terms of proven Super level skills and more generally proven skills at pro level that even an excellent HC would take at least 2-3 years to have the Reds 'Super finals ready and Super finals credible'.

It will be many years before we will again see average Reds 30,000 crowds at Suncorp and the terrific and inspiring feats of 2010-11 repeated. If ever we see such heights again.

The 2016 Reds under RG are a very high risk development project that in no way credibly correlates with the QRU's need to maintain strong, sustained commercial and financial viability so as to ensure and enhance the health of rugby in QLD.

Reactions: LRB

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
He led the NRL in metres last year, he's a strong runner. Only problem is I don't think his running style is suited to RU. He'd be better of sticking with the Broncs or signing with another team and developing into a league prop

Never seen him play but if he is a winger that has potential as a prop then surely he might be effective in the forwards.

He must have some speed and should be able to carry the ball strongly towards the defence. Assuming he can tackle coming from league could he be a potential 6 or 8? How tall is he?

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
wikipedia has him at 1.88m and 104kgs so hes pretty similar in size to Sean Mcmahon, i do rate him but he has what I call dick fingers. he has dropped some absolute sitters. i have never seen someone butcher a certain try as many times as him, but on the flip side, when hes playing well hes pretty bloody good, certainly alot better then Nabuli.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
wikipedia has him at 1.88m and 104kgs so hes pretty similar in size to Sean Mcmahon, i do rate him but he has what I call dick fingers. he has dropped some absolute sitters. i have never seen someone butcher a certain try as many times as him, but on the flip side, when hes playing well hes pretty bloody good, certainly alot better then Nabuli.

So he is as good as any of our backs from 2015

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Should've seen him at churchie..

Absolutely (and as was said about QC (Quade Cooper) at the time just after he left Churchie). Perese was phenomenal last year and a key factor behind Churchie's GPS Premiership, going undefeated.

(For those interested, Perese's 2014 Churchie highlights reel:
)

The great thing is that unlike some of Churchie's star players who have signed for League, I Perese committed to Union (for now).

I think Perese is in some form of outer Reds development program. But as soon as the world sees more of him, the offers from other sources will surely flow in. The Reds would be insane not to find a good offer for him.

I posted it on the NRC thread last night - I'll bet Perese will appear in Wallaby colours from around 2018, he's that good and will only get better with excellent coaching and S&C.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
As a Stars fan I rated MOTM to Green in Stars v Country. Really stood out I thought. Shite defence would have created opportunity, but thought he looked great.

Pleasing to see a red 10 with promise. (First time I've seen him in the flesh.)

T

TOCC

Green has a good running game, but his work as a ball distributor needs a fair bit of work.

Perese has represented QLD in junior rugby league so id be surprised if league clubs weren't already sniffing about.. He would have to be on some kind of Reds EPS contract otherwise I suspect he would have been signed to the dark side already.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
TOCC, I'll have another look at the game tonight, but I thought Greene had some really nice distribution. Flat passes hitting the mark. And a reasonable effort at directing things.

Not at all suggesting he doesn't need work, or that he is the new messiah, but did think his work was pleasing.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Perese is a freak, you should of seen him at Premier Colts level, made it look so easy.

I hope the Reds have got him lined up, I'd hate to see him elsewhere, or worse in league. We are crying out for electric/fast wingers.

he's my "Ballymore Kid" already, but I wouldn't be waiting until the end of the comp to sign him up.

And I wouldn't be bothering to sign any leagie wingers.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Junior Laloifi is another player the Reds should be looking at.

At this stage I would be having both him and Perese as favourites for the 'Ballymore Kid'.

Status
Not open for further replies.