• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Ian Payten www.news.com.au today:

CONFUSION REIGNS AT BALLYMORE

AFTER the Queensland Reds decided to keep Richard Graham on board as head coach for 2016, the players were called into a meeting to be told the news about the appointment and changes to the structure.

Let’s just say that at this meeting, there was some confusion about what had actually changed.

The 'major new structures for delivering high performance' at the QRU are perhaps not getting off to the best of starts?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
he's my "Ballymore Kid" already, but I wouldn't be waiting until the end of the comp to sign him up.

And I wouldn't be bothering to sign any leagie wingers.

I checked last year's QRU media releases - Perese definitely has a signed-up spot in the Reds Elite Development Squad (which is to be coached or managed by Jason Glimore). How solid, remunerative and enduring are the contracts relating to these EDS positions, I don't know.

Just a btw re Perese - he can readily play at 13 as well as 11 or 14. Time will tell what position he best settles into.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Tim Lane spotted at Ballymore the other day.

An attack coach that could step up as Head Coach if needed.

Indeed. And we like Stiles and Lane is no wimp.

These two if paired under RG may well be able to, and want to, and perhaps importantly need to, form an 'assertive alliance' and end up running most of the team's work themselves with RG in 'high level oversight mode'.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Tim Lane spotted at Ballymore the other day.

An attack coach that could step up as Head Coach if needed.

Wish we had an unlike function. Not about you Reg, thanks for the info.

Gossip like this is about the only window in we have on this train wreck. We look for meaning in it all - appointing a strong executive whatever Herbie is with strong assistant coaches and a weak head coach............

I really think RG will still be there in 2017, and just like our talented players leaving in 2016, the talented coaches will leave in 2017.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Indeed. And we like Stiles and Lane is no wimp.

These two if paired under RG may well be able to, and want to, and perhaps importantly need to, form an 'assertive alliance' and end up running most of the team's work themselves with RG in 'high level oversight mode'.

Losing Genia, Horwil and Cooper while Keeping Graham. We are going to need to find a shitload of intellectual capital from somewhere, then transfer it onto the field somehow.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Losing Genia, Horwil and Cooper while Keeping Graham. We are going to need to find a shitload of intellectual capital from somewhere, then transfer it onto the field somehow.

Well, their performances weren't the best the last season

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
JJ got stretchered off with a knee injury in the Country vs Stars game. If it's an ACL (looks possible) does that mean that Turner is likely to get the contract he's after?

nick_

Allen Oxlade (6)
JJ got stretchered off with a knee injury in the Country vs Stars game. If it's an ACL (looks possible) does that mean that Turner is likely to get the contract he's after?

Maybe... although it can't be down to his performances he wasn't offered one straight away. Makes you wonder the list management in letting Jonah Placid go down south, he would be a handy fullback to compete with JJT.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Maybe. although it can't be down to his performances he wasn't offered one straight away. Makes you wonder the list management in letting Jonah Placid go down south, he would be a handy fullback to compete with JJT.

And of course Jonah got wacked on Saturday in Melbourne Spirit V Brisbane City game. Head injury apparently.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The comments about Placid from the Rebels/Rising fans have not been super complimentary though. He's only a kid, he still has a ways to go and as much as I wanted to keep him at the Reds, I don't think he was our fullback for 2016.

T

TOCC

The comments about Placid from the Rebels/Rising fans have not been super complimentary though. He's only a kid, he still has a ways to go and as much as I wanted to keep him at the Reds, I don't think he was our fullback for 2016.

Rugby fans often have unreasonable expectations on schoolboy stars to perform, and when those expectations aren't met almost immediately the critics come out of the woodwork.

Placid will be a fantastic player in the next few years, he isn't there quite yet though. 2016 will be another development year for him as he works on game management and maturity/experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Placid's a good player, nothing wrong with his natural talent but he needs to improve his decision making a lot. He's a ball hog, probably used to being the best player in the team from schoolboys but now he's in the pros he needs to look to a supporting player.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Rebels (and most of their fans) are willing to wait. 2017 is the year all the young "bucks" will hopefully come good.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Who is ????

Status
Not open for further replies.