• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
This is now the 3rd time ive asked this. twice on the reds 215, and now here. What are our options regarding a replacement for Quade?

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Surely with Genia gone hes our 1st choice Halfback? if our halves for next season are 9. Scott Gale 10. Nick Frisby we are fucked.

if our halves are 9. Frisby 10. Paia'aua we are fucked. we need to buy a flyhalf cause i dont think there is anyone who can step up.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Is Lilo available? Prob not but can't recall his name among he many the Brumbies have managed to hang onto.

Without at least one experienced half the Reds are fucked for a couple of years, pretty much regardless of the coach. Sorry but until Frisby has started a season or two he doesn't count as experienced. And no, I don't think he should start over Genia to get experience.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Is Lilo available? Prob not but can't recall his name among he many the Brumbies have managed to hang onto.

Without at least one experienced half the Reds are fucked for a couple of years, pretty much regardless of the coach. Sorry but until Frisby has started a season or two he doesn't count as experienced. And no, I don't think he should start over Genia to get experience.

Yep - Christian is signed up to the Brumbies for next year.

T

Train Without a Station

Surely with Genia gone hes our 1st choice Halfback? if our halves for next season are 9. Scott Gale 10. Nick Frisby we are fucked.

if our halves are 9. Frisby 10. Paia'aua we are fucked. we need to buy a flyhalf cause i dont think there is anyone who can step up.

I recall similar sentiments surrounding Genia and QC (Quade Cooper) when Barnes left. Worked out alright for a while.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Gill was ahead of Hooper and got injured at the critical time, IMO.
I still think that Pocock is showing that the theory of the fetcher is not over and, if so, Gill is better at that than Hooper.
The numbers and the stars will not align for Gill.

I thought Gill was better than Hooper and I have a bad memory but didn't Hooper only get a shot because Gill was so good he captained the U20's anddid this instead of being a bench player for the Wallabies. Hooper got a run and kept his spot.

If Gill had knocked back the U20 spot he probably would have stayed in the Wallabies.

I have big issues with the 60 cap limit, I would rather a 100 cap Super Rugby mark, this way if you are a great player like Gill who happens to come along at the wrong time you can still get some leniency, if you play 100 super rugby games you have shown you are dedicated to the idea of representing your country.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
When Barnes left Genia and QC (Quade Cooper) were Wallabies weren't they? Frisby and Paia'aua are a long way from being comparable.

I think Frisby gets a lot of unwarranted bad mouthing.

He played U20's for Australia and has a lot of talent, give him a shot at a permanent spot and I am certain he will be great.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Frisby has Huge Talent. But hes a scrumhalf and he doesnt have any good partners, or alternatively we play him at flyhalf where he still doesnt have any good partners. My question is, are there any options? the options i can find are Berrick barnes, Zack Holmes, Bryce Hegarty, Jono Lance or if one of Jake Macintyre, Duncan Paia'aua, James Dalgleish can step up. Is there someone i cant think of that would be able to do a good job?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I think Frisby gets a lot of unwarranted bad mouthing.

He played U20's for Australia and has a lot of talent, give him a shot at a permanent spot and I am certain he will be great.

Who is bad mouthing? Criticism about his play at 10 is fair but people always caveat that by pointing out he shouldn't be playing there. Very different to bad mouthing. When most thought he was the future wallaby about to leave people were quite unimpressed. There is a big difference between expressing concern that he will be the most experienced half and bad mouthing.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought Gill was better than Hooper and I have a bad memory but didn't Hooper only get a shot because Gill was so good he captained the U20's anddid this instead of being a bench player for the Wallabies. Hooper got a run and kept his spot.

Nah, Hooper got a shot because he was killing it with the Brumbies in 2012, and was the form 7..........

Gill went to captain the U20's because he wasn't needed for the Wallabies (although very much needed at the U20's).

something

Jim Clark (26)
what's thoughts on signing Sam Greene? from the few prem games ive watched this season he seems to be the stand out 10. Dominated Duncan the other day. Still needs to work on defence / contact but he has an incredible kicking game and pretty good running & play making.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I was amazed he didn't get much of a run in the nrc last year, I'd expect them to give him a go this year especially if quade is leaving. With McIntyre having a pop gun boot there's definitely an opportunity for greene to jump the queue there.

Status
Not open for further replies.