• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Emuarse, you've nailed it in one!

In my four decades in business, I learnt that businesses , or organisations which "can't get the little things right, with struggle to get the big things right"!
The Reds fucked up the jerseys last week, it appears that they they fucked up the long-term membership seat allocations, and they fucked up Quade Cooper's citizenship status!
I'm sick of hearing their pathetic, incompetent excuses over and over again!
They don't deserve my support in 2016, and they aren't going to get it!

Oh mate, you are delusional. I just don't get your Reds hate? Be a Brumby supporter. Go for your life. Go and love them on the Brumby page. But to come onto this Reds page and be so misguided in your clear dislike for the Reds organisation is just making yourself look poorer.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
RG was interviewed on ABC Grandstand this arvo and he mentioned that Hunt would most likely be wearing 15.

Did anyone else heard that interview? RG came off as absolutely delusional, making comments like how our young and inexperienced halves and backline is actually an advantage because they "aren't burdened by the weight of past successes". In other words, getting rid of anyone who played when we were regularly winning was necessary in order for him to create a team that can start regularly winning again!?!?

Someone better call the All Blacks and tell them they're doing it wrong!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I dont think you are giving RG enough credit, when it comes to not being burdened by the weight of past success we have the the best possible leader, after all a world wide search located the best example of this

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I dont think you are giving RG enough credit, when it comes to not being burdened by the weight of past success we have the the best possible leader, after all a world wide search located the best example of this

Yep. Now that the shackles are off we might get lucky and see some of the most amazing coaching ever witnessed in Super Rugby since a former Western Force coach came up with the "Bore the Tahs fans to death with incessant kicking" strategy.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

We should recruit Van Humphies to be coach or motivator.

After the months and months of pessimism about the Reds I had to watch this clip.

I am now smiling, and my daughter who turns two in a couple of weeks just showed her first interest in Rugby!!!!!! She watched the whole clip and was clapping at the tries.

I am one happy dad

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brilliant play, 10/12/13 looked like they had been playing together since kindergarten. Such flare and swift passing left or right. Definitely lacking in the current team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

We should recruit Van Humphies to be coach or motivator.

After the months and months of pessimism about the Reds I had to watch this clip.

I am now smiling, and my daughter who turns two in a couple of weeks just showed her first interest in Rugby!!!!!! She watched the whole clip and was clapping at the tries.

I am one happy dad

You realise that her first words will echo Van?! A few years ago when my youngest was about that age I dropped a large heavy object on my unprotected foot and exclaimed my surprise and dismay quite loudly and then spent the rest of the morning trying to repair the damage to my daughter's vocabulary before my wife got home, I failed......

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
You realise that her first words will echo Van?! A few years ago when my youngest was about that age I dropped a large heavy object on my unprotected foot and exclaimed my surprise and dismay quite loudly and then spent the rest of the morning trying to repair the damage to my daughter's vocabulary before my wife got home, I failed..

I could handle that if it was once a week just before kickoff.
"daddy, lets roll these c**ts just before a Tahs game would bring a tear to the eye"

My wife on the other hand might have issues

T

TOCC

So Jim Tucker is tipping a the following for the Reds opener against the Tahs: Whilst this combination didn't offer much in the trials, i don't see much improvement besides bringing Goromaru in to 15 or Paia'aua into 12.

9. Frisby
10. McIntyre
11. CFS
12. Taefu
13. Kerevi
14. Nabuli
15. Hunt

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
If you mean how many perpetual members there are, the answer is I think it is in the 300's. But I can't guarantee that.
Sounds like a hassle for reds to take them on. The way i was reading it in the news I thought it must be thousands of people taking up all the best seats.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think there might be 300 PGM (Perpetual GROUND Memberships), but many with multiple tickets? Go to Ballymore and see how many "Reserved" stickers are on the McLean Stand seats on half way.

Then there must be a thousand or two 30 year memberships. But when did they start anyone know? I thought 1997? Which means they only have another couple of years to go.

But those 300 year ones. Shees. Pay a few hundred bucks in 1960 something and get Reds tickets for life, regardless of which 'home' stadium they play at. What a deal.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Oh mate, you are delusional. I just don't get your Reds hate? Be a Brumby supporter. Go for your life. Go and love them on the Brumby page. But to come onto this Reds page and be so misguided in your clear dislike for the Reds organisation is just making yourself look poorer.

"Delusional", Reg? "Reds Hate", Reg? You and your "likers", are obviously "anti free-speech"!
It's a sad situation when a member has a contrary point of view to another, [or a small group of others], and is subsequently accused of being "delusional"!
I think that says more about you as a rational person, as it does me.

Over the years I have openly praised the ability of many Reds players, (sadly most have now gone elsewhere), I haven't criticized the coach, (unlike many here have), and I haven't bagged the Reds Committee, (like many here have).

I have no particular (as you say), "love" for the Brumbies, except for supporting a member of that squad which happens to be part of my extended family.

You and your "likers" represent a strengthening group within the Australian community, which "slams" any voice which is contrary to theirs. Two recent examples of this are the "Climate-Change" debate, and the "Same-sex marriage" debate. fortunately, I attended a school where open and vigorous debate was encouraged!!
If your comments make you feel "cool", or "popular", then you may have a problem. Reg.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Factoring in inflation, those $300 lifetime memberships sold in the 1960's would be worth around $3,000 in todays currency.
Just trying to work put how good a deal this was.

Anyone old enough to remember what $300 was really worth in the 60's. Using hockeynomics $3000 is 667 midi's of beer. Not sure what that is, we have pots, schooners and jugs in Q and it's a waste of time buying less than a jug because you have to go to the bar more often. That would make a midi (whatever that is) worth 45c in the 60's? Unless we are talking imperial then we are totally fucked trying to work that out.

How many Holdens could you get for $300 so you could drive off the 667 of midi's?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Climate Change debate? What? There isn't one. A number of irrelevant, non - scientific voices create media and political debate where there is scientific consensus. There's nothing left to discuss, except when is it that we are irreversibly fucked.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
You and your "likers" represent a strengthening group within the Australian community, which "slams" any voice which is contrary to theirs. Two recent examples of this are the "Climate-Change" debate, and the "Same-sex marriage" debate. fortunately, I attended a school where open and vigorous debate was encouraged!!
If your comments make you feel "cool", or "popular", then you may have a problem. Reg.

No. This has nothing to do with trying to stifle voices contrary opinions.

It has everything to do with criticising stupid comments that have no basis in fact or reality.

You are not entitled to an opinion. You are only entitled to what you can effectively argue for and distorting facts or spreading outright lies doesn't create a valid opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.