• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
O'connor and Stiles have named Ant Fainga'a at 12 and Kerevi at outside. Am I the only one that thinks Samu looks much rore comfortable and effective at inside centre??

Also I'm a big fan of Faagase but not sure he's ready for a Super start, maybe he'll surprise us

dru

Tim Horan (67)
TG, what Stiles says is that the set piece is holding its own when the bench comes on. With that done, lets hope its consistent, he is looking to plug other issues. Namely ball carrying and skills over the ball. So Faagase, Ready and Setu get the nod. I like that he is explaining the calls.

Its official. The Graham era is done. Also note in the Reds press piece that Stiles has naturally gravitated to statements on the forwards while MOC has gravitated to the backs.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I think 13 is a still a little too complex defensively for Kerevi.

It also adds the temptation to add the overs line to his repertoire, which has failed miserably thus far in the Super Rugby season for him.

I'd rather Kerevi was closer to the ruck, steaming on to crash balls. Let Anthony Fainga'a or Karmichael Hunt martial the defence out wide.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I wonder how the two of them will manage to handle calls during the heat of the action?

Some decisions apply only to the piggies, some to the princesses, but the important ones are general. One of them will have to be the boss. Maybe they will rotate. Either way, it does seem as though the Reds have managed to get themselves into a spot of bother.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I like the look of the team. Sef on the field will give them a ball runner and he's done well at scrum time when he's been on. Like Ready getting a start as he has looked good. Setu is pretty lucky but he has the opportunity to make the position his until Gill returns.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I agree re Sef getting a shot. Daley has generally been a poor scrummager but OK around the field.

This year (so far) his scrummaging seems better but his on field work seems to have gone south.

Sef has a great opportunity of holding down the starting spot (until Slips returns) if he can do both jobs. He then may be the bench LHP for the rest of the season.

Dales will be filthy at riding the pine. Maybe he will come back with a vengeance.

Drama

Frank Row (1)
Sef deserved of a start, very happy for him. Would have liked to have seen Greene get a shot at a start, I feel he hasn't been given enough of a chance despite constant remarkable displays in the Premier Rugby comp over the past few years, and particularly when McIntyre doesn't look like he is transitioning well.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wonder how the two of them will manage to handle calls during the heat of the action?

Some decisions apply only to the piggies, some to the princesses, but the important ones are general. One of them will have to be the boss. Maybe they will rotate. Either way, it does seem as though the Reds have managed to get themselves into a spot of bother.

well it helps that Stiles runs the water! But perhaps now he is an co-interim Head Coach, that won't be allowed?

T

TOCC

Pandaram reporting that Toulouse have made a big money offer for Samu Kerevi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)

Kerevi would be a huge loss and we hear another two senior Reds forwards are also looking to start afresh elsewhere.
Also this.

Slipper and Simmo signed multi year deals last year. Gill and Holmes are already gone.

Doesn't leave too many does it?

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Saia also signed an extension last year. That, combined with Ready's new contract, is what pushed Hanson out the door.

Could Douglas be trying to worm out of next year?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Give it two years and I think any overseas based player will be eligible for the Wallabies. The game just can't afford to keep leaking quality up and coming players.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think 13 is a still a little too complex defensively for Kerevi.

It also adds the temptation to add the overs line to his repertoire, which has failed miserably thus far in the Super Rugby season for him.

I'd rather Kerevi was closer to the ruck, steaming on to crash balls. Let Anthony Fainga'a or Karmichael Hunt martial the defence out wide.

I'd be uncertain with 10- MacIntyre 12-Karevi. Think a wiser hand or softer touch is needed outside 10 at the moment.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Saia also signed an extension last year. That, combined with Ready's new contract, is what pushed Hanson out the door.

Could Douglas be trying to worm out of next year?

Did saia sign for 2017? With Moore coming home and Ant pretty unlikely to be getting much of an offer he'd most likely be one right?

Really only leaves Shatz (probably) and maybe Daley

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Let's see how Ant goes before writing him off. Has had a horror run with injuries last couple of seasons but I really think Reds fans owe it to him to give him another shot. The test arena showed his deficiencies but he was in my view one of the integral players of the Reds success. Would only put him behind Genia & Cooper in the backs for importace during that period.

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Interesting article here on Fox with regards to skills training with Mick at the AB's.

I've seen it come up a few times in relation to the Wallabies but also mentioned in this thread. Why do these players need skills coaching, basics like catch and pass, they should already know how to do that..

In the article Mick says thay trained daily on skills and reckons even at that level, over time, got a 30 - 40 % increase.

He estimated that the team’s skill level improved between 30-40 per cent over the next 11 years.

“The first thing we did was work on our ability to catch the ball in both hands.

Would be good to see him in the Wallaby camp for a few years..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom