• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

- Coach is Matt O'Connor
- Kane Douglas will be a red in 2016 onwards
- Slipper will have both shoulder operated on post RWC will miss start of the season.
- Genia searching to stay put
- JOC (James O'Connor) will be at the Reds in 2016
- Hunt also will be at the Reds in 2016
- No Broncos winger but a winger of Fijian decent will join the Reds from the NRL.
- Quade yet to sign sevens contract, will do so after Khoder and company meet with O'Connor upon arrival to Aus.

Intruder has been the best source of info in this thread, I think his rumours hold more weight then 'credible sources' at some old boys luncheon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Intruder has been the best source of info in this thread, I think his rumours hold more weight then 'credible sources' at some old boys luncheon.

I'm sure we'll see soon enough.

T

TOCC

Correct.
Always wanted to return to Rugby union and now the Dragons are in need of some salary cap space. Will be an athletic addition to the Reds backline

Western Force tried signing him at the end of 2014, it would be interesting to see how he would perform back in rugby union

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
fair enough Sully.

Vidot wouldnt be a bad signing. Australia lacks big wingers and hes pretty big.

His manager is meeting/has met with the Reds. He is genuinely keen on trying his hand at Rugby. Could be a very damaging winger/centre. Think it will all depend on if the Reds can get anywhere near his NRL salary.... he is one of those "good guys" who looks after a lot of family and friends with his cash.

If you could teach him the finer points of Rugby he would make a good ball running 6/8. Ridiculously strong and powerful. Very athletic.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
- Coach is Matt O'Connor
- Kane Douglas will be a red in 2016 onwards
- Slipper will have both shoulder operated on post RWC will miss start of the season.
- Genia searching to stay put
- JOC (James O'Connor) will be at the Reds in 2016
- Hunt also will be at the Reds in 2016
- No Broncos winger but a winger of Fijian decent will join the Reds from the NRL.
- Quade yet to sign sevens contract, will do so after Khoder and company meet with O'Connor upon arrival to Aus.

The RG reappointment and JOC (James O'Connor)/Non-Special K release story was coming out of club rugby last week. The Matt OConnor appointment was also doing the rounds. I guess the conjecture will continue until the board makes a decision. Reds Rugby will keep bleeding until that time, and maybe onwards dependent upon the outcome.

As for Freddie, a has-been in my view (he was a failure in Super Rugby with the Sharks). Over-rated ...

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez surely RG is done and dusted. There will be sime senior players methinks that will seek a release if the bloke is re-signed.

A lot of unhappiness re the HC - hopefuly a change in 2016

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
there are a couple of reports this morning that Quade has signed a 4 year deal with the ARU and will be looking to return to the Reds 2017 after Rio.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Here you go............ snippets:

Former Wallabies second-rower Damien Frawley has presented a report to the board examining why the Reds have become so dysfunctional under Graham and his high performance model but he refused to comment last night on why the board has so far not acted on his report. It is understood that the issue has caused a dramatic rift in the board.

Despite intense speculation that Graham has been reappointed, it still has not been confirmed. The QRU is believed to be unconvinced that any of the potential candidates to replace him has the necessary gravitas to be successful and in that event, better the devil you know than the one you don’t.

Genia has had second, indeed third, thoughts and is now thought to be definitely heading to Stade Francais but Cooper is reported to have changed his mind about heading to Toulon, yet the Reds, at least publicly, have not yet moved to reopen dialogue with him.

There is doubt about whether James O’Connor is intending to stay at Ballymore and indeed whether the Reds are serious about keeping him. And while All Black Adam Thomson supposedly has gone to the Melbourne Rebels because the Reds need their marquee player spot open for a quality five-eighth, The Australian has been told by the Australian Rugby Union that it would have been prepared to open up a second spot for an overseas player had the QRU approached them.

Worse, a delegation of Reds players is believed to have spoken with senior management about their dissatisfaction with Graham and seemingly have been ignored. Flanker Liam Gill has re-signed with the Reds but it was heavily rumoured he had an opt-out clause if Graham is re-appointed.

Meanwhile, the Reds are able to make no headway with recruitment for 2016 because potential recruits are demanding to know who will be coaching the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.