• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRB

Stan Wickham (3)
Did anyone attend the Rugby Long Lunch function? I tried to convince the boss to get a table, but sadly could not convince him.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While I am certainly not getting my hopes up, IF the Reds can manage to get Genia and Cooper back next year I will forgive them for RG (just so long as he still isn't there). But at this stage I fancy my chances of buying a winning lotto ticket more than that happening.
^^^ 1 in 45,379,620 of winning Div I in Oz Lotto.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotteries_in_Australia

Keeping Genia, Cooper and losing RG - 1:??????

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Let me tell you a little story.....<snip>

Thanks for the story RH; a great read!

I appreciate you going to the trouble of explaining where you're coming from but it was unnecessary. You would be forgiven by most I'm sure for just telling me to sod off! I'm glad you didn't but.
I need to be clear though, it wasn't my intention to judge or criticise you, although, as I sometimes do, I may have missed the mark.

But anyway, I've derailed this thread enough. This is clearly what happens when there's not enough Rugby on TV! As you all were......

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I see both sides of the coin. I understand some having blind faith out of pride and I understand the cynical pissed off consumer that has had a gut full of this pathetic soap opera (which I think all Reds fans are). Regardless how you look at it, well all love our team and the Reds need to get their shit together because I think they have to put in the hard yards to earn we the fans trust back.

A fresh start is badly needed. I don't think it will take long when they get that initial step started.

I joined this forum in early 2010 because and the mood was doom and gloom. It is worth looking back at that 2010 season. We went down to the Tahs at the death in round one but signs of life were there. The next week we flogged the Crusaders.
We lost at Ballymore to the Blues at Ballymore but we went down in the rain swinging. The next week we came from behind to beat the Chiefs in Hamilton where Van Humphries made the "next week we role these c#nts" speech and the next week oh boy did we role the Force big time
. The momentum was there and the Reds faithful were bloody excited. We were never meant to come back from SA and beat a red hot Bulls side. Who can forget that game? That Higgers try would have to be one of my favorate Reds moments ever. Fuck, get another dose of it.

Listen to that crowd go nuts.

Injury got the better of us and we just missed the finals. We lost both locks against the Brumbies in Canberra as well as losing Kev for the year in the Saders game. It lead to Samo becoming a Red the next week.

Point is that things can change quickly when the ball gets rolling.

Get your shit together Reds because it is painful being pissed off with you.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
God there is some fucking fond memories of that 2010 season. I had been a semi committed fan my whole life but I think it was the two games post SA in 2010 where we beat very good Bulls and Stormers sides with a team of no names that turned me into a die-hard. Our dominance of the Crusaders during this period was so great. We need some of that magic back, and soon

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well if Genia and Cooper and the other Reds fire against the Bok this weekend, isn't damning that the players are good just the game plan is shit..

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
. The momentum was there and the Reds faithful were bloody excited. We were never meant to come back from SA and beat a red hot Bulls side. Who can forget that game? That Higgers try would have to be one of my favorate Reds moments ever.

For me too. I was sitting in the stand above the 5 metre line & shouted myself horse for that 70 metres he ran it down.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
My mail is he always wanted to have the year off to play 7s. The reds couldn't work out how to accommodate that.

Going to be problem every 4 years as there's a bit of conflict there

T

Train Without a Station

I can understand the conflict. Next year is when they need an experienced 10 the most.

Reactions: gel

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Quade was always going to stay with the ARU but he wanted the QRU to make a move to get rid of Richard and build a solid roster due to him and a few other senior members taking a payout.
It seemed the QRU were confident with Hunt, O'Connor, Tui and Thompson and also to back Richard Graham for as long as they did. There will be more to come out of this. Don't be upraised to see Quade in a red jersey next season.

T

TOCC

If Quade does sign to return to the Reds in 2017, then a foreign marquee for 2016 on a 1 year contract might be the best option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Quade was always going to stay with the ARU but he wanted the QRU to make a move to get rid of Richard and build a solid roster due to him and a few other senior members taking a payout.
It seemed the QRU were confident with Hunt, O'Connor, Tui and Thompson and also to back Richard Graham for as long as they did. There will be more to come out of this. Don't be upraised to see Quade in a red jersey next season.
Even though he's playing sevens?

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure if mentioned but Thomson has signed with the Rebels - frees up a marquee spot to replace Quade for 12 months....

T

TOCC

And Rebels signing Thomson likely means Browning has remained in QLD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.