• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Gilly to pick up Pilecki Award from Kerevi. Only other possible is Slipper.
Probably same for Peoples Choice.

Hopefully some news about some new blood..

Most important: Hopefully an announcement about new Head Coach

.....provided it's not a case of 'shit, the place is in a mess, the members and sponsors are deserting, we're panicking, let's just grab the first vaguely OK Aussie HC that's available now and run with it, we've just got to announce someone'.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
O'Connor's contract arrangement with Toulon have always had a question mark on them. He might be off after the world cup for all we know.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
...provided it's not a case of 'shit, the place is in a mess, the members and sponsors are deserting, we're panicking, let's just grab the first vaguely OK Aussie HC that's available now and run with it, we've just got to announce someone'.
Fuck RH. You seriously are the quintessential pessimist.
I've come around to you a bit but I simply feel compelled to ask, is it tiring?

There's a good chance in replying to Scrubbers post to chat about the top performers from the Reds 2015 squad but you zero in on the one line about the coach issue that has been flogged to death and write the same sort of thing you always do.
I admire your passion for righting the ship and bringing the Reds back to glory but I just don't understand why you constantly focus on the negative.

You and I are probably chalk and cheese and I can appreciate that. I am an optimist generally and hopelessly romantic; probably to a fault. Which is why I just don't understand what drives you. I love Rugby and constantly looking at the negatives would just about drive me to drink. Each to their own but I guess.
Sorry for the weird rant. :-/

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yeah I'm sure he is Sully! Anyone as passionate about Rugby as he is, would be great to have a drink with. My post wasn't meant to be a personal slight against him. I am genuinely puzzled that someone that clearly loves the game as much as he does can be so focussed on what is going wrong. But conversely I'm sure that he can't work out why I seemingly ignore the things that need fixing if I love the game as much as I claim to.
People are weird. ;-)

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Good topic.

award tips:

Pileckie Medal: Liam Gill
Peoples Choice: Samu Kerevi
Most Improved: Chris Kuridrani
Rising Star: Lolo Fakaosilea
Spirit of the Reds: Lachlan Turner
Wider Training Squad: Marco Kotze?

Hall of Fame inductees: Alec Evans, Bob Templeton & Chris Latham or David Wilson.

Pileckie Medal: Liam Gill
Peoples Choice: Samu Kerevi
Most Improved: Chris Kuridrani
Rising Star: Sam Talakai
Spirit of the Reds: Beau Robinson
Wider Training Squad: Adam Kozyck

Leitch re-signed with the Chiefs. The Japan side is in big trouble.

Many Japanese players like Leith and Tui are looking to distant themselves from the Japanese team due to management issues. It is believed most of the Japanese players to make up the side will be most likely their second string national side.

If the Reds miss out on a play for Tui they should look no further than Amanaki Mafi the incumbent Japanese 8 of Tongan decent. Not much footage on him, looks much more damaging in the contact.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
From today's Wayne Smith piece in The Australian:

Meanwhile, the Queensland Rugby Union board will meet tomorrow to discuss the Reds coaching position, although whether a decision will be made no one knows. It is understood there is powerful support for retaining Richard Graham.

However, a number of players have told senior management they want a change next year and the Reds might face a revolt if Graham is reappointed. There is, as well, fears of a supporter backlash if the Reds stick with him after finishing in the bottom four the past two years.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Hope there is not much too this. I have been watching leinster games on youtube and like what i see.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Fuck RH. You seriously are the quintessential pessimist.
I've come around to you a bit but I simply feel compelled to ask, is it tiring?

There's a good chance in replying to Scrubbers post to chat about the top performers from the Reds 2015 squad but you zero in on the one line about the coach issue that has been flogged to death and write the same sort of thing you always do.
I admire your passion for righting the ship and bringing the Reds back to glory but I just don't understand why you constantly focus on the negative.

You and I are probably chalk and cheese and I can appreciate that. I am an optimist generally and hopelessly romantic; probably to a fault. Which is why I just don't understand what drives you. I love Rugby and constantly looking at the negatives would just about drive me to drink. Each to their own but I guess.
Sorry for the weird rant. :-/

Let me tell you a little story.

Not too long ago, my family cash sponsored a passionate young Reds fan who resides a long way overseas to fulfil his dream to come to Brisbane, see Suncorp and Ballymore, take in some Reds games and, ideally, meet QC (Quade Cooper).

This bright, engaging young guy thus fulfilled this dream (his family joined me in part-funding the long trip here), I took him to all these things and places, we specially went to Ballymore on a fan day and he got to meet QC (Quade Cooper) and others. During half time in a game, he met RG and and yet more Reds' players. Whilst here, he stayed with my family.

Since 2010, I have taken numerous tracts of Reds Ruby and Platinum Members tickets plus loads of extra tickets for friends and family, taken whole tables of 10 at numerous Reds Gala Balls and other QRU and Reds functions, bought loads of their merchandise, and today I am off with another passionate rugby fan to the QRU's RWC lunch, at $250 per head no less.

So Scoey you look at the keyhole here and all that unsettles your affection for the Reds, but you don't see the room on the other side.

Part of the problem of your unbalanced character assessment of me is that you clearly lack either longevity here, or a good documentary memory.

I am driven by the study of facts and factual outcomes. When in 2010-12 there was much to praise regarding Link, the Reds team's performances, the new QRU's business acumen, the then-excellent Reds marketing and so on, I praised to the rooftops on GAGR all of this, and many many times. (Other posters in that period accused me then of excessive praise, as it happens.)

But when the facts and factual outcomes turned negative not only once, but multiple times over multiple periods and I saw the deep signs of institutional arrogance, insularity and decay within the Reds and QRU management systems (all of a type like that that sent them broke only a few years ago), I am going to critique that and heavily as that is absolutely what it deserves.

When I see genuinely positive signs of coaching and managerial competency and leadership excellence being expressed and having positive results within the Reds and QRU, I shall immediately return to congratulate and support those making that happen. Right now, I see very few such signs.

Standing by and and driven by some sentimental fairy tale that just because I'm emotionally attached to the Reds means that by some grant of magic they are truly wonderful deep down and should be held to a kind of unthinking adulation, well, to me that is a fairy tale that's fine for others, but by indulging it, history clearly shows, necessary managerial change won't happen that way.

Indeed unthinking loyalty and adulation is precisely what indentures and underwrites complacency within leadership groups that, based upon their conduct and their delivered outcomes, we should no longer trust or support.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Redshappy's love of rugby extends far beyond the Reds, to associations some Reds members would call unholy. Even to the point of hosting no less than three Waratahs fans this weekend. One of whom (me) rocked up to a Reds home game in a Tahs jersey when the Tahs weren't even playing, and I still get invited back.
Scoey be assured that you'd be very hard pressed to meet a nicer bloke or more passionate fan of the game.When I railed about the Tahs management and playing model few saw the reasons behind it and also thought I was "pessimistic" and" negative".

T

Train Without a Station

I'm blaming RH.

Yesterday he makes a post saying he hopes the Reds don't rush to sign a replacement on the basis they just need to get somebody.

Today there's talk of RG staying.

Clearly the Reds hierarchy are reading the forums and took note of RH's post yesterday. Now we're all going to pay for it!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
While I am certainly not getting my hopes up, IF the Reds can manage to get Genia and Cooper back next year I will forgive them for RG (just so long as he still isn't there). But at this stage I fancy my chances of buying a winning lotto ticket more than that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.