• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Prior to Curtis doing his ACL my understanding was that the Rebels move was a near certainty, but since then he tore his ACL and won't return to training until January, this may have changed the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And he will probably be another four months or so before he regains form. That's the nature of ACL injuries, they require a long rehab that in most cases extends well after playing and training resumes.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Rugby article speculating with tapuai taking the last kick of the season at goal that he of the the fore or rebels.

My speculation is that he is next years goal kicker as Cooper won't be there.

T

TOCC

Nah I'm sure Tapuai is off to somewhere else, Force would be my bet

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I actually think it was because Cooper was hurt scoring the try, he seemed quite slow to get up and did not look 100% to me.

yeah that was my reading.

I don't think getting in practice in the last minute of a game for a season 6 months ago is a legitimate reason.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Hasn't the season for the Reds already ended?

RG was contracted to provide services until the end of the 2015 season.

The job is currently vacant with no one currently contracted to provide coaching services to QRU Ltd for the 2016 season.

No redundancies, no sackings, no fuss. Plenty of irate fans, and a season down the gurgler, though

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Since we already know we're going to be in for some pain next year. It'd be nice if the management could speak to Suncorp and see if a Lanyards could get us 30% off the spirits in the bars.

There wasn't anything quite like sobering up while watching the Chiefs shred us to pieces last week!

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
^^^ Hasn't the season for the Reds already ended?

RG was contracted to provide services until the end of the 2015 season.

The job is currently vacant with no one currently contracted to provide coaching services to QRU Ltd for the 2016 season.

No redundancies, no sackings, no fuss. Plenty of irate fans, and a season down the gurgler, though

There was an article in the Courier Mail where RG was saying that if his position was readvertised he'd be applying for it again;

"Graham said he would not be quitting and would submit his name to coach next year if the outcome of the review was an open call for candidates."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s-coaches-circle/story-fnii0ksb-1227397442638

He obviously sees his job at the Reds as unfinished. He coached us to 4 wins this year (5 in 2014). Probably still needs another 3 years to get us to where we need to be.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
There was an article in the Courier Mail where RG was saying that if his position was readvertised he'd be applying for it again;

"Graham said he would not be quitting and would submit his name to coach next year if the outcome of the review was an open call for candidates."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...s-coaches-circle/story-fnii0ksb-1227397442638

He obviously sees his job at the Reds as unfinished. He coached us to 4 wins this year (5 in 2014). Probably still needs another 3 years to get us to where we need to be.

And those 4 wins were all against second tier teams. 1 in SA was pure good fortune when the Cheetahs remarkably missed their easy last kick.

The obvious honourable and decent thing RG could and should do is immediately resign 'with much regret'.

Instead we have this almost arrogantly delusional conduct, as though it's unfortunate that he may be deprived of years more time for 'squad development and further team-building.'

It's little wonder the HC's communication with the squad and vice versa was so poor if RG still considers 'there's a lot more I can do to build this team.'

Perhaps the QRU and RG have of late created a uniquely weird space-time continuum inside Ballymore where water flows uphill and the days are 30 hours long.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
"Probably still needs another 3 years to get us to where we need to be."
There will be no Team or supporters if RG is still there in three years. Doesn't RG know when to quit. At least he could leave with what little dignity he has left.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With the Waratahs 3 year plan to win a Super trophy taking 19 years to come to fruition, I can understand the rationale behind RG thinking he is going to need more time to to get the Reds where they need to be.

I do not understand the arrogance, delusional thinking, or alternate reality that allows him to think that the QRU or the public will have the patience to allow him to be in charge of the keys to Reds inc for that 19 year 3 year plan.

You won't need to hire Suncorp, and could probably rent out Ballymore to other organisations when there are Reds Home Games on. You won't be able to fill Oldmac Oval in a year or two more under RG.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
With the Waratahs 3 year plan to win a Super trophy taking 19 years to come to fruition, I can understand the rationale behind RG thinking he is going to need more time to to get the Reds where they need to be.

I do not understand the arrogance, delusional thinking, or alternate reality that allows him to think that the QRU or the public will have the patience to allow him to be in charge of the keys to Reds inc for that 19 year 3 year plan.

You won't need to hire Suncorp, and could probably rent out Ballymore to other organisations when there are Reds Home Games on. You won't be able to fill Oldmac Oval in a year or two more under RG.

I was more thinking his goal is to get us to 0 wins in a year. So he is on track. That is, unless we have a stellar year in 2016 and win absolutely nothing. Surely though that type of performance is above and beyond this current squad and will take a few years to build towards.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
His tenure is worth at least several psychological PhDs - not just on RG, but also his effect on the team and fans (and the rest of the organisation).

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
I am starting to get the feeling that the players know something about next years coaching setup that we don't. I guess we will have to wait for the results of the extensive review.

Surely Thomson would not stick around to play in the same setup from this year, there are so many other places in the world nicer than Brisbane to play in a losing team and get paid for it.

Agreed, what sold it for me was Gill's re-sign.

abcde

Peter Burge (5)
I mean, surely after everything from mid-season with him vs Graham, he would've heavily weighed up his options elsewhere..?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
That CM article also said that Woody is doing his own review of the season and what may have gone wrong. I wonder if the the Reds will wait on his findings and incorporate those into the main report?

Makes sense, reports can take a while to write and he'll probably stay on till the reports are collated and the findings properly analyzed with further reports probably being required to clarify specific points in the findings. These reports would then have to be collated again and peer reviewed for consistency with those findings the subject of further reports.

It's a fucking episode of Yes Minister, Woody does not come across as cunning but I rekon he is Sir Humphrey. How else has he kept his job for so long without winning anything?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
That CM article also said that Woody is doing his own review of the season and what may have gone wrong. I wonder if the the Reds will wait on his findings and incorporate those into the main report?

Makes sense, reports can take a while to write and he'll probably stay on till the reports are collated and the findings properly analyzed with further reports probably being required to clarify specific points in the findings. These reports would then have to be collated again and peer reviewed for consistency with those findings the subject of further reports.

It's a fucking episode of Yes Minister, Woody does not come across as cunning but I rekon he is Sir Humphrey. How else has he kept his job for so long without winning anything?

Two scenarios jump to mind -
1) The "independent" committee has outsourced the "review" investigation and decided that a coach who has had recent experience coaching two Super Franchises in the Australian environment would be well qualified to "review" the systems and results and advise on an outcome for the "review"
2) RG has spoken to his mates on the board and his "review" will be put in the inbox at the same time as another document, which due to time constraints and limitations on space in said inbox one document will be "lost". Guess which one gets removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.