• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
What do people think about Tui playing 6?
Is this a prelude to a long term move, or only a stop-gap measure due to no Higginbotham or Smith?

Is this Thorn trying to get Tui a Wallabies Jersey?

I think it is a tactic to smash the tahs smaller pack. Duggo and Rodda have been playing really well.

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Zero_Cool... think this might also be a strategic move with even Tongan Thor out as well... Like Jimmy Crouch alluded too Tahs have a smaller pack and with the loss of Thor and Higgers theres gonna be a big problem with our forward ball runners.

Tui, Rodda & Douglas is some big ball runners. The Reds are going to be missing the running ability of Tongan Thor so getting another massive frame into the lineup to provide the dragging bodies yards is much needed (Ruan Smith and his brother JP Smith aren't exactly ya ball running props)

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
think this might also be a strategic move with even Tongan Thor out as well. Like Jimmy Crouch alluded too Tahs have a smaller pack and with the loss of Thor and Higgers theres gonna be a big problem with our forward ball runners.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't pluck Mr 'Best 5th Prop In Super Rugby' Fa’agase to start, although even then you'd still not get much ball running. Whereas Ruan is at least capable of getting over the ball.

Linebreaker

Allen Oxlade (6)
DP must of really screwed Thorn over.. heard it all started down in Melbourne, I would have him
any day as a back up for 10 12 15, hope Petaia at less touches the ball this weekend.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Holy moly.

You are corruptboomerang on /r/rugby.

Everything makes sense now.

Dude, heaps of people have been talking about Tui being a Wallaby 6 since like June Tests last year. That's hardly conclusive evidence. But regardless I'm not, I don't post on /r/rugby.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I still maintain that we shouldn't get overly excited or upset about away performances.

Rookie team. Rookie coach. That's a bridge too far for that makeup.

Away wins are hard in super rugby at the best of times - pretty much only the top 4 teams in each year seem to be able to achieve it consistently.

The only thing we can truly judge them on this year is their home ground performances tbh.

Away game will just be a lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom