• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
images
Business up front party out the back..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Ehhhh tis a shame - yes he was the '5th' prop, but perfect as such playing both sides. Losing him and Slipper, odds on Thorn promoting an U20 player as the 5th prop (probably EPS)?

Which, if any, U20 Reds props made a good showing for themselves for the AUS U20s?

Props we have are:

Tupou
JP Smith
Ruan Smith
Hoopert

Will be very interesting to see who gets that 5th spot, if anyone.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Props we have are:

Tupou
JP Smith
Ruan Smith
Hoopert

Will be very interesting to see who gets that 5th spot, if anyone.

Top 2 are good with Thor being special even at this early stage of his career.
Big gap in talent behind those 2 (especially now with Sef leaving)

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Bloody shame that.Quality bloke. Lad has been given a rough time in 2018. No wonder he is going !

Have also heard of another couple of senior players (other than the ones already going like Lance and Kane) who will be looking for RELEASES from contracts.

Thorn is not cultivating culture - irrespective of the things he says he seems to be destroying it.

People need to separate the player from the coach. One was very good, the other much less so !

Do we have any 'senior' players left? In the backline CFS probably qualifies if you base it on number of years signed up rather than games actually played; Higgs and maybe Kerevi are senior, pretty much everyone else is fairly new aren't they?

Seriously though, I'd be interested to see who is going to be around next year, assuming Cooper, Hunt, Slipper, Tuttle aren't part of the plan, a number of others have barely got a look in, and we know that Douglas, George Smith, Lance and Nabuli are leaving. SMH are reporting that Folau and Thorn are in talks.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Do we have any 'senior' players left? In the backline CFS probably qualifies if you base it on number of years signed up rather than games actually played; Higgs and maybe Kerevi are senior, pretty much everyone else is fairly new aren't they?

Seriously though, I'd be interested to see who is going to be around next year, assuming Cooper, Hunt, Slipper, Tuttle aren't part of the plan, a number of others have barely got a look in, and we know that Douglas, George Smith, Lance and Nabuli are leaving. SMH are reporting that Folau and Thorn are in talks.
Wasnt it reported Geroge Smith came too Brisbane too play then move into coaching with the Reds. Weird thst he signed to go play in England again..

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
↑ but that was before they signed Thorn.

Now Smith's coaching options are scuttled as he used to have long hair..

Given the taxi driver incident in Japan it's surprising that he has actually been in the team. Mind you, Higgers had that police station incident as well, both players seem to have escaped Thorn's playing bans.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)

Looks like it'll just be Captain Higs for 2019. Though if the rumour of Tuttle getting pushed is true, they may keep Lucas there as an experienced halves player. Toua and Lucas should get retained if they are doing japanese seasons as they a)will be cheap and b) toua is the only fullback at this stage....

I read (on a forum) that DP might end up as Godwins replacement, which, if true, then this might balance a rumour I heard of MikeyMike Harris coming back as a senior 10/12 who can kick, pass & tackle.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What forum did you hear about Paia’aua to the Brumbies? This one or Planet Rugby?

This is an example of nature of these forums. The only talk of Duncan going to Canberra, as far as I can tell, have been people here saying the Brumbies should make a play for him when he was dropped from the Reds.

This ignores the fact he’s now starting again (and playing well) and that, I believe, he is contracted for next year.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
[Where] did you hear about Paia’aua to the Brumbies? .........
This ignores the fact he’s now starting again (and playing well) and that, I believe, he is contracted for next year.

On the contract front, I'll say that it likely has more out clauses than pages.

However, on the source of the rumours, I freely admit that I do not know. I thought it was ABC Radio, but a quick google gives nothing. You're right that most of it is on this forum.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Deal is DONE !

Lots of gays will be jubilant in NSW and lots here disgusted !

ST George will be livid

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Don't ignore this forum. Predictions have been right in many cases, including recently with Naisarani (apparently) and Colby.

DP would be a good replacement for Godwin at the Brumbies, but by far the more interesting prediction/rumour is the one concerning Folau to the Reds.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Deal is DONE !

Lots of gays will be jubilant in NSW and lots here disgusted !

ST George will be livid

What deal S2050? Can't see NSW being jubilant about Folau to the Reds, so mustn't be that one. Similarly, anything involving CFS is unlikely to ruffle too many feathers in Qld, so is one of Higgers or Kerevi to NSW?

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
What deal S2050? Can't see NSW being jubilant about Folau to the Reds, so mustn't be that one. Similarly, anything involving CFS is unlikely to ruffle too many feathers in Qld, so is one of Higgers or Kerevi to NSW?

I believe he may be talking about one particular subset of the NSW population.

Unless "guys" was misspelt.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't ignore this forum. Predictions have been right in many cases, including recently with Naisarani (apparently) and Colby.

DP would be a good replacement for Godwin at the Brumbies, but by far the more interesting prediction/rumour is the one concerning Folau to the Reds.

There’s a difference to someone saying “I have it on good authority that the Reds have signed ...” as opposed to someone saying “I reckon Duncan P would be good for the Broncos” and then it escalating from there.

SouthernX

Peter Johnson (47)
Why would Folau move from a successful team to the basketcase at the Reds?

The Weather?

Less snowflake lefties?

Folau is probably a big reason why the Waratahs are successful. You take him out of the equation and the only genuine talent you have there is Kurtley Beale & Bernardo Foley... the other wallabies they have like Phips, Hooper, Hanigan ect.. do not deserve their positions in the national squad & are only there because of the one eyed NSW national head coach.

When Folau joins us in the sunshine state, I predict the reds will have a better record then the Tahs in 2019.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Folau is probably a big reason why the Waratahs are successful. You take him out of the equation and the only genuine talent you have there is Kurtley Beale & Bernardo Foley. the other wallabies they have like Phips, Hooper, Hanigan ect.. do not deserve their positions in the national squad & are only there because of the one eyed NSW national head coach.

Not sure if serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.