• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Eto was very much overshadowed by Izzy and Daugunu this NRC but I was impressed with his off-load game which worked a treat on many occasions.

I also reckon he is learning from from Folau with the angle of his runs. It may not work every time but you can see what he is trying, draw in two and off-load over the top (using his massive frame) to free up support.

Its good to see a player working on his game.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
From memory, I thought two of his cards were for tacking guys out in the air, with the third one being for the a deliberate knock down (very unlucky on that one IMO). All very fixable - but I guess that was part of my frustration - giving away penalities needlessly.

But I rate the guy and I'd probably still have him and Perese as the favoured starting wingers at this time.

Do we know if Qld have any spare outside back spots left? Any chance they are leaving a spot open for Magnay or has that window been shut?
I’ve heard it is shut and he won’t be back at the Reds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
So it seems Quade is doing the right thing currently. Has gone to LA to train with EXOS who do a lot of work with NFL players and guys getting ready for the combine. Seems he wants to be in the best possible physical shape to start 2018.

http://www.teamexos.com/
Is that what Dane Haylett-Petty did a couple of years ago?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Ruan smith just tweeted that he was jetlagged but it was worth it. Where is he?

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

Unsure if mentioned previously, but Tate McDermott in the squad for 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I don't think Nabuli necessarily has a discipline issue, I think its more of a technique problem.. maybe its one the same. Most of his yellow cards and penalties were for indiscretions when tackling, more often then not for going high or making contact in the air when chasing through on a kick.

He is a big bloke, he just needs to learn to tackle lower, officials were fairly strict on contact with the head in SR2017 and it cost him.

Agree with most of your post TOCC but I think the greater issue is his Fijian style of play in that he often throws shit passes way too late in the mad attempt to keep the ball in play. Hail Marys ! He needs to learn that it is generally better to retain possession, go to ground, and allow the next phase.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
He stopped ruling them out at Greg Holmes. I’m taking that as a definite. Might as well just put it up as an official press release.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
mmm holmes is doing the 27/18 premiership season which goes into May for regular fixtures so I'm thinking not unless we are happy to get him late and super superrrrrr cheap

T

TOCC

Agree with most of your post TOCC but I think the greater issue is his Fijian style of play in that he often throws shit passes way too late in the mad attempt to keep the ball in play. Hail Marys ! He needs to learn that it is generally better to retain possession, go to ground, and allow the next phase.

It’s high risk for sure, but i think his offloads became a large part of QLD Country’s attack, he finished the season with the most offloads and I believe one of those lead to a try in the Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.