1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2019

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Scrubber2050 Mark Ella (57)

If Samu goes as well the Reds are left with a Perry good pack (unless a couple more go which is very possible) and A poor young and inexperienced backlinks.
    Add that to an inexperienced coach and basic March says we are in for a number of shit rebuilding years (again)
    dru likes this.
  2. Bobby Sands Ken Catchpole (46)

Sign Matt Gordon. Pronto.
    Getwithme likes this.
  3. Up the Guts Geoff Shaw (53)

Daugunu is a pretty good player despite struggling positionally in defence on the wing. He's actually not too bad a tackler, he'd probably find it easier at fullback defensively where the decision making is not as complicated.

If there's no Kerevi then I think he has to be in the team for his attacking spark, he's probably got the best step in Australian Super Rugby and looked like making half a break every time he got his hands on the ball for the Super team.
  4. louie Bob Davidson (42)

Sam Phillips saying on twitter that Lukhan Tui is rumored to be on his way out of QLD.
    Getwithme likes this.
  5. Brumbieman John Solomon (38)

What's going on up there? o_O
    barbarian likes this.
  6. Tomikin Mark Loane (55)

Back to nsw ?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  7. dru Mark Ella (57)

Yes the current prognosis under Thorn in combination with the current HQ is a startling series of steps backwards at a time that a greater quality of poor performance didn't seem possible.

It is.

Now where the heck might you find a couple of backs that might shore up our experience level?
  8. louie Bob Davidson (42)

That's what he wants.
  9. Sully John Eales (66)

There was speculation thatTui might head back when his contract was up. I don't know if there was any more than that.
  10. Bobby Sands Ken Catchpole (46)

Matt Gordon is the sledgehammer QLD deserves.
    Getwithme likes this.
  11. Scrubber2050 Mark Ella (57)

Sounds like busy days.

Have zero confidence in Rhien and Miller sorting it out with inexperience and lack of proven ability from both.
    Some long shitty years ahead
    dru likes this.
  12. dru Mark Ella (57)

I dont know much about Miller and Rhien, but I this is looking a real possibility.
  13. SouthernX Colin Windon (37)

So Tui wants to leave the reds because he is homesick.

Amazing how all the Brad Thorn haters are spinning it being a issue to do with culture.

Don’t see the reds letting him go unless the Waratahs pay some kind of transfer fee. I expect Tui to be a Red in 2019
    Penguin and Beer Baron like this.
  14. joeyjohnz Sydney Middleton (9)

As a counter point, a great club culture doesn’t foster feelings of homesickness. Clubs regularly use terms like brothers and family to describe the bond and mateship present. When this many “top” players are leaving after the HC’s first year in charge culture would definitely be an issue
  15. Tomikin Mark Loane (55)

Has he said that his homesick I was just guessing.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  16. Scrubber2050 Mark Ella (57)

I alluded some time ago about Uti but didn't name him out of respect and confidentiality.

It has nothing to do with being homesick just sick and tired of some people at the Reds.
    Others still in the wings.
  17. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Is this some sort of code that I'm not getting or a couple too many Bundy's combined with autocorrect?
    Troy and RugbyReg like this.
  18. Lindommer Andrew Slack (58)

Doubt if the Tahs want to have a dog in the Tui imbroglio, they have more than enough back-rowers ATM. Second-rowers, different scenario.
  19. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

Scrubber. Slow down and proof read your posts. It’s getting increasingly difficult to understand them.
    Ignoto likes this.
  20. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

Tui would absolutely solve our lock issues. He's the abrasive ball running bruiser we need.

I think he will continue to be used at 6 in test rugby but works very well as a lock at Super Rugby level (and is probably better suited there for the fast paced game the Tahs want to play).
    The Pirate, RugbyReg and Silverado like this.