• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Did he get injured in the quarter final loss? Man, at this stage the lad is starting to give CFS a run for his money! Hopefully he hits the ground running on tour.
This is very harsh on the back of one quiet game. He was excellent in the games he played in the WC. Also have to consider that TK is one of the best defensive 13s going around and he would have placed a target on JP.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
This is very harsh on the back of one quiet game. He was excellent in the games he played in the WC. Also have to consider that TK is one of the best defensive 13s going around and he would have placed a target on JP.

Fair, except last weeks trial against NSW was the same.

B

Bobby Sands

Did he get injured in the quarter final loss? Man, at this stage the lad is starting to give CFS a run for his money! Hopefully he hits the ground running on tour.

Plenty of parallels, including high-school, but Jordy has it all. Be patient!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He's not coming back from injury, he played the last game in the WC. I don't understand this mantra that he's building minutes either. Seasons started, get stuck in!

He was in rehab during pre-season due to ongoing hamstring issues, he hasn’t played 80mins in 11 months. Growing body, needs managing

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I would imagine the example of CFS and the problems he had with his hamstrings is having a fair bearing on how they are managing Petaia.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
My recollection does not concur.

What it suggests to me is the the Reds coaching staff did not have either the right stock or more likely the ability to build a good 10. I'm hoping that this has changed and improved with Jim McKay. We really should not be discounting Lucas after an introduction of one game in Super. We have made our bed and now need to lie in it.

That does not mean hanging on obstinately as with Stewart and Jake. We are nowhere near that right now and I quite like the supporting game structures in place through JOC (James O'Connor) and Heggarty. None of this stops The Reds developing Gordon in the background with the guy having full intent on taking over the slot.

For now let the game selections intend to work Lucas into the role. It does not mean we have to start him every game, but he needs consistent game time at 10 and at least some opportunity starting.

It's certainly not my recollection either Dru.

As for Lucas, I can't agree more that he should be persevered with for a reasonable period before bringing out the guns.

I also agree with Roberts Rugby that Keunzle will probably finish up as the Brumbies long term No 10.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Don’t think you can understate the importance of genuine game time . JP has spent more time in rehab in the last 12 months than he has playing . The recurring hamstring issues are a worry, missed his first crack at a Wallaby debut in late 2018 with a hammy tweak, same last year in the camp before the RWC and now a managed preseason .

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I can’t remember Jake McIntyre getting talked up in the slightest. The only positive talk about him I remember were more defending his ongoing selection on the basis it wasn’t fair to judge him/hold him responsible for the Reds woes. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

B

Bobby Sands

I can’t remember Jake McIntyre getting talked up in the slightest. The only positive talk about him I remember were more defending his ongoing selection on the basis it wasn’t fair to judge him/hold him responsible for the Reds woes. Hardly a ringing endorsement.

He had the shortest kicking game in professional rugby history.

That being said, I think he is travelling well in France.... like every other Super rugby expat.