1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, May 9, 2019.

1. Purce Jimmy Flynn (14)

The Reds really could/should pick up 3 wins from the first 5 rounds. The Lions shouldn't be a problem, they've had a huge turnover of players and look average. Jags will likely be too good at home and with the travel. Sunwolves we should beat at home as with the Sharks who only just beat likely the worst SA team at home by 8.

3/5 wins with a couple bonus points and the heavy travel out of the way would be a great start. Biggest question mark for me is how our young squad will handle the rigors of that much travel in a short time.
  2. Adam84 Chilla Wilson (44)

^^ fingers crossed..

I haven't kept up with the Lions gains/losses, but they didn't look crash hot against the Jaguares.
  3. Roberts Rugby Jim Clark (26)

With Rodda and JP in the starting side and a couple of tweaks to the backline we should have a W over the Lions. Going seamlessly, we can outplay Jaguares at the set piece and spreading the game out wide with runners on the ball.
  4. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

it wasn't clear at all in fact.
  5. Hardtackle Billy Sheehan (19)

plenty of times - chips and beer. can recommend.
  6. cyclopath Phil Waugh (73)

Beer aint gluten free. At Suncorp.
    Tomikin likes this.
  7. redstragic Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I have done a little digging and apparently they have/had like a whole shop somewhere. I asked the Reds Membership people, I'll update when they get back to me.

Just on the beer, it was the cruelest cut of all. I had to switch to red wine, the stuff at Suncorp tastes best after pouring it into a cup of ice.
    Ignoto, Tomikin, Silverado and 3 others like this.
  8. Outsider Stan Wickham (3)

Don't hold your breath of Reds Membership Team - they are a bit slow in responding. There can't be that many members though.

redstragic likes this.
  9. liquor box Ken Catchpole (46)

It may not be their fault, got this email from the Reds-
  10. upthereds#! Dick Tooth (41)

Newcastle Knights and Brisbane Lions I know have been impacted also (they use the same company to provide their gear)
  11. Adam84 Chilla Wilson (44)

Ed Craig from Eastwood has joined the Reds on a short term contract to cover BPAs injury(8weeks)
  12. Silverado Nev Cottrell (35)

Good pick up
  13. The Nomad Alex Ross (28)

Just watched the replay of the Rebels A v Brumbies Runners waiting for the Reds to kick off .

Heaps of young talent from both teams who have come through the Qld pathways plus a few guys from QPR , seems like a great opportunity for these fellas. It’s the second time they have played one another this year , the first one being the curtain raiser to the trial game. Got to be also a benefit to both the franchises being able to have a look at players under real game situations .

Doesn’t seem to be anything similar for the Reds and Tahs . Would be great to see a Reds A v Tahs A as a curtain raiser sometime .
  14. Aussie Rugby Fan Bob McCowan (2)

531F78F3-03B9-418D-B93D-1974ED20098A.jpeg

Attached Files:

15. Brumby Runner John Eales (66)

Some excellent performances in that game too Nomad. McCaffrey was immense and Resjan Pasitoa showed a lot of promise. A couple of the Brumbies A locks also showed good form, but Hosea for Melbourne really stood out I thought. Some good young local talent also on show in the Brumbies A backrow.
  16. Roberts Rugby Jim Clark (26)

Moved from thread.
    TSR likes this.
  17. Roberts Rugby Jim Clark (26)

How did Isaac Henry go? Disappointed to lose him from QLD.
    Bobby Sands likes this.
  18. The Nomad Alex Ross (28)

He played very well running off Pasitoa who showed he is definitely up for senior footy in only his second game out of school.

In fact , the whole Brumbies A backline looked like they had been playing together for years . Pat Mcabe was commentating and gave Positoa at 10 , Henry at 12 and the 15 ( who’s name escapes me ) plenty of well deserved accolades.

Tom Hooper in first year out of school playing lock was also very impressive.
  19. Roberts Rugby Jim Clark (26)

Went looking for the replay. Doesn’t seem to be on Fox or Kayo?????
  20. The Nomad Alex Ross (28)

It’s on rugby.com.au under videos .
    Roberts Rugby likes this.