• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
The Reds really could/should pick up 3 wins from the first 5 rounds. The Lions shouldn't be a problem, they've had a huge turnover of players and look average. Jags will likely be too good at home and with the travel. Sunwolves we should beat at home as with the Sharks who only just beat likely the worst SA team at home by 8.

3/5 wins with a couple bonus points and the heavy travel out of the way would be a great start. Biggest question mark for me is how our young squad will handle the rigors of that much travel in a short time.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
^^ fingers crossed..

I haven't kept up with the Lions gains/losses, but they didn't look crash hot against the Jaguares.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
With Rodda and JP in the starting side and a couple of tweaks to the backline we should have a W over the Lions. Going seamlessly, we can outplay Jaguares at the set piece and spreading the game out wide with runners on the ball.

Outsider

Frank Nicholson (4)
Don't hold your breath of Reds Membership Team - they are a bit slow in responding. There can't be that many members though.

I have done a little digging and apparently they have/had like a whole shop somewhere. I asked the Reds Membership people, I'll update when they get back to me.

Just on the beer, it was the cruelest cut of all. I had to switch to red wine, the stuff at Suncorp tastes best after pouring it into a cup of ice.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Don't hold your breath of Reds Membership Team - they are a bit slow in responding. There can't be that many members though.

It may not be their fault, got this email from the Reds-
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ON YOUR MEMBERSHIP PACK

**If you have already received your membership pack, please disregard this email**

Dear ***********,

Thank you for your support of Queensland Rugby and the 2020 St.George Queensland Reds.

We are writing to advise that due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus there will be a delay in the delivery of your membership pack.

Following the announcement by the International Medical Organisation that this is now a Global Emergency, the Chinese Government has instructed all facilities to close for a period of time. Given our fulfilment facility is in China, while not in the impacted zone, they must abide by the direction of the Government and halt production and close.

We have been advised that the facility will re-open on the 10th February 2020 (at this stage). We expect that the fulfilment process will resume as normal at this time and it is expected that outstanding packs will be received prior to the first home game on the 22nd February. However, as a precaution your membership card will be emailed to you as a PDF. You will be able to print the membership card from this email and use it to gain entry to games before your physical card arrives.

It is important to note that the Coronavirus cannot be spread through parcels.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and apologise for any inconvenience caused.

If you would like more information, please call the Memberships Team on 1300 753 733.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Newcastle Knights and Brisbane Lions I know have been impacted also (they use the same company to provide their gear)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Ed Craig from Eastwood has joined the Reds on a short term contract to cover BPAs injury(8weeks)

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Just watched the replay of the Rebels A v Brumbies Runners waiting for the Reds to kick off .

Heaps of young talent from both teams who have come through the Qld pathways plus a few guys from QPR , seems like a great opportunity for these fellas. It’s the second time they have played one another this year , the first one being the curtain raiser to the trial game. Got to be also a benefit to both the franchises being able to have a look at players under real game situations .

Doesn’t seem to be anything similar for the Reds and Tahs . Would be great to see a Reds A v Tahs A as a curtain raiser sometime .

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Just watched the replay of the Rebels A v Brumbies Runners waiting for the Reds to kick off .

Heaps of young talent from both teams who have come through the Qld pathways plus a few guys from QPR , seems like a great opportunity for these fellas. It’s the second time they have played one another this year , the first one being the curtain raiser to the trial game. Got to be also a benefit to both the franchises being able to have a look at players under real game situations .

Doesn’t seem to be anything similar for the Reds and Tahs . Would be great to see a Reds A v Tahs A as a curtain raiser sometime .

Some excellent performances in that game too Nomad. McCaffrey was immense and Resjan Pasitoa showed a lot of promise. A couple of the Brumbies A locks also showed good form, but Hosea for Melbourne really stood out I thought. Some good young local talent also on show in the Brumbies A backrow.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Some excellent performances in that game too Nomad. McCaffrey was immense and Resjan Pasitoa showed a lot of promise. A couple of the Brumbies A locks also showed good form, but Hosea for Melbourne really stood out I thought. Some good young local talent also on show in the Brumbies A backrow.
How did Isaac Henry go? Disappointed to lose him from QLD.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
How did Isaac Henry go? Disappointed to lose him from QLD.
He played very well running off Pasitoa who showed he is definitely up for senior footy in only his second game out of school.

In fact , the whole Brumbies A backline looked like they had been playing together for years . Pat Mcabe was commentating and gave Positoa at 10 , Henry at 12 and the 15 ( who’s name escapes me ) plenty of well deserved accolades.

Tom Hooper in first year out of school playing lock was also very impressive.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He played very well running off Pasitoa who showed he is definitely up for senior footy in only his second game out of school.

In fact , the whole Brumbies A backline looked like they had been playing together for years . Pat Mcabe was commentating and gave Positoa at 10 , Henry at 12 and the 15 ( who’s name escapes me ) plenty of well deserved accolades.

Tom Hooper in first year out of school playing lock was also very impressive.
Mack Hanson. Will force his way into the main 23 sometime during the season. Henry was impressive, as was Guy Porter on the wing.