• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

B

Bobby Sands

He played very well running off Pasitoa who showed he is definitely up for senior footy in only his second game out of school.

In fact , the whole Brumbies A backline looked like they had been playing together for years . Pat Mcabe was commentating and gave Positoa at 10 , Henry at 12 and the 15 ( who’s name escapes me ) plenty of well deserved accolades.

Tom Hooper in first year out of school playing lock was also very impressive.

Who is the brumbies recruiter? How do we get him up here.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Who is the brumbies recruiter? How do we get him up here.

Was just thinking the same on Tahs thread - we need the Brumbies recruiters more than you guys - how about we give you the Tahs recruiters, the Tahs defence and attack coaches...in fact why don't we also throw in the NSWRU executive as well.

I sure if we passed around the hat to long suffering Tahs supporters we could find some money to pay you to take all of them as well....

B

Bobby Sands

Was just thinking the same on Tahs thread - we need the Brumbies recruiters more than you guys - how about we give you the Tahs recruiters, the Tahs defence and attack coaches.in fact why don't we also throw in the NSWRU executive as well.

I sure if we passed around the hat to long suffering Tahs supporters we could find some money to pay you to take all of them as well..

The Waratahs are to oz rugby at the moment, as the Coronavirus is to a packed Tokyo train.

With regards to recruitment I more meant;
-Noah
-Reesjan
-Isaac Henry
-Tevita
-Muirhead
-Banks
-Fines
-Ikitau
-Swain

All of these players are from QLD and were either on the fringes or in clubland. Incredible that all these players could be grabbed from under our nose.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
The Waratahs are to oz rugby at the moment, as the Coronavirus is coughed into a packed Tokyo train.

-Noah

-Reesjan

-Isaac Henry

-Tevita

-Muirhead

-Banks

-Fines

-Ikitau

-Swain

All of these players are from QLD and were either on the fringes or in clubland. Incredible that all these players could be grabbed from under our nose.

And yep most end up with the Brumbies....like Frost choosing to go to Brumbies instead of Tahs as well as not just good recruitment but very good track record of developing players as well. Although I think Reds are doing much better in developing players in recent years (cf Tahs) and things Reds wise heading in right direction (again cf Tahs where suffering from the post Gibson clusterfuck).

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
The Waratahs are to oz rugby at the moment, as the Coronavirus is coughed into a packed Tokyo train.

-Noah
-Reesjan
-Isaac Henry
-Tevita
-Muirhead
-Banks
-Fines
-Ikitau
-Swain

Yet the tags are in the same win record

Qld are very lucky to have so many South Africans and New South Welshman playing for them. Pity they didn’t pick their homegrown first

B

Bobby Sands

And yep most end up with the Brumbies..like Frost choosing to go to Brumbies instead of Tahs as well as not just good recruitment but very good track record of developing players as well. Although I think Reds are doing much better in developing players in recent years (cf Tahs) and things Reds wise heading in right direction (again cf Tahs where suffering from the post Gibson clusterfuck).

Agree with everything, dare I say it, it’s a bit sad to see the Waratahs so rudderless as an organisation.

B

Bobby Sands

Yet the tags are in the same win record

Qld are very lucky to have so many South Africans and New South Welshman playing for them. Pity they didn’t pick their homegrown first

Here he is.

Who? Smith and Liam? Went to TGS and ACGS respectively, Australia is a multicultural place mate.

Who is the NSW? Lukhan I take it? Well that is quite arguable given he had one year of rugby before he came here but ok.

Did you know that you need to throw the ball backwards to score a try?

B

Bobby Sands

Haha. Start with Rodda and Campbell and God forbid your Gunnedah wiz kid Wilson

Rodda went to IGS? Campbell TSS and Wilson GT.

You are not very good at this.

Two points for a conversion, how many for a penalty? Hint: Its a tricky one.

Reactions: dru

pnut

Watty Friend (18)
Good job. Not sure high school constitutes were there from

However pleased to see your rugby knowledge is in the up.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
Good job. Not sure high school constitutes were there from

However pleased to see your rugby knowledge is in the up.

Wilson was playing in Brothers Junior Rugby when he was in primary school, so not sure what you are saying here.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
He is a big loss. Very good around the field plus he can kick the lights out. In QPR last year how many did he kick in a row? With several from the side-line! And his clearing kicks make the Reds efforts last night look like u12's level.
I was at Wests last season when they put the cleaners through UQ and he kicked 10 from 10 that day , quite a few from difficult angles . Think at that stage he was 26 from 26 for the season

S

Show-n-go

I think the brumbies recruiter has a fairly easy job compared to his competitiors

*Brumbies are consistently a good team on the field

*Also fairly consistent with the quality of coaches

*Canberra is kind of a shit hole so players know it’s a great place to go, get serious about their footy and have no distractions

Relatively easy sell to anyone who is serious about their rugby, and not a very attractive place for potential trouble makers who like to party and may not 100% be focussed on their footy