• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2020

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Most important stat for a 7 in the modern game, turnover. Everything else that matters is par or better. He didn't make as many tackles as he doesn't have lazy partners in his pack. Running I couldn't care less. There are 6 blokes with double digits on the back who are paid to run.

This talk of NSWelshmen is stinking up the QLD thread/

Hooper had more pilfers and more tackle turnovers. Literally the only statistical categories Wright did better at was more forced penalties and less penalties conceded.

I'm not really sure why you don't care about run metres or any offensive stats. Hard to win games of rugby if your forwards don't have ascendancy.

Anyway, I'm done with this topic here given its the Reds thread.

B

Bobby Sands

If he wants to be part of the long-term QLD re-build then sign the man up.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
As a player of national interest, states won't be able to outbid each other for LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). RA sets his value and half is paid by the Super Rugby team. Will be interesting to see what he does - same money - pick NSW or QLD

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Have heard from good authority there will most likely be two current Reds forwards moving to another super franchise in the coming months. Most likely to be announced after NRC. Apparently they've been on the Thorn shit list for a while now, and its coming to a head.

If you do your research over the last couple of seasons you'll probably be able to figure it out.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Trying to work out the 2nd one, Timu and Higginbotham have already been announced. There's no other forwards out of favour? LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) is rated highly and integral. Hoopert?...

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Efi Ma’afu, Korcyzk and Luka are the only forwards unsigned for next year. None of whom would be considered a significant loss given depth in those positions

I sincerely hope Korczyk moves to a state where he is appreciated. He has been very unlucky, he's shown his tremendous potential many times. I've not idea why Brad has a taken a disliking to him.

B

Bobby Sands

I sincerely hope Korczyk moves to a state where he is appreciated. He has been very unlucky, he's shown his tremendous potential many times. I've not idea why Brad has a taken a disliking to him.

I agree, he seems like a bloke of high character & is cut from granite.

I think Korczyk's problem has always been that he is a (as LG would say) 'notta.' Ie, not a 6, not a 7, not a 5.

At lower levels this hasn't been a problem as he as regularly slotted in at both rows, but at the higher levels it he has struggled to find an identify.

However he an A class citizen and a damn good rugby player so I hope he finds the right development environment for himself as he has plenty to offer.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Hey mate, have you ever heard of Dave Newstead? I believe he wrote Finsbury Girl, so his son says anyway.

Name doesn't ring a bell - but I reckon the team song was WAAY before my time.

I'd be surprised if it's still sung though ; they banned it towards the end of my playing days, though everyone ignored that & sung it regardless.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If Filipo isnt starting on the wing next season i'll be shocked. What a beast.

Very good attacking player, his strength in contract defies his size.
Although I thought he was lucky to escape with a YC for that tackle, and could have earned more time off under WR (World Rugby)’s crack down on tackles lately.