• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
14 or 15. And Paisami apparently wants to play 12.

Sounds like Petaia doesn't enjoy making defensive decisions if true.

Paisami showed enough for the Wobs that 12 isn't so far fetched, I think for the way the Reds play he will need to improve his distribution and decision making but aside from that he has the skill set.

Reactions: dru

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Surprised the blokes returning to QPR didn't pick up some form of contract elsewhere, although its entirely likely they opted to stay in Australia with the current state of the world.

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
Flook is the most promising of all the new guys IMO, no flashy highlights like Mac Grealy but he is a smart and technically proficient rugby player, probably the most advanced in his development and likely to play this year. He isn’t going to start ahead of any of the current stars, but he will slot in easily if there’s any injuries.
Great to hear hes looking good. Whats his best position?

rugbyfan90

Chris McKivat (8)
any idea what happened? I thought he was a capped international and he was still relatively young, seems odd to retire if not for injury

Im pretty sure Scotty Malolua was completing a carpentry trade a few years ago when he took time off rugby (semi-retired I guess), until Brad Thorn convinced him to come back and play. Perhaps he wants to go back to work, and also the shoulder that he injured playing for Samoa might not be 100%.. Don't think it'd be nice being a builder/chippy and having a bung shoulder (just speculating)

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Tell you what, whoever was complaining about the Red socials being poor over the last couple weeks, needs to go have a look at their Instagram stories during the Reds2Region days. Some cracking stuff to see the players and coaches getting up to.

Hopefully it'll pay dividends in the future by engaging with some of the young kids out there who don't get to meet too many sporting stars.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I’m really looking forward to seeing how some of our lessor known tight 5 players go this year.

Thorn & Lillicrap seem to have been pretty good at taking rough diamonds and turning them into, maybe not spectacular, but at least solid Super Rugby options.

I’ve been doing some revision. You have to love a highlights video where the subject isn’t really visible for 70% of it because he is in the middle of a scrum, line out or breakdown

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds 2021 jersey,very similar to 2020 with Queensland outline etched on the jersey.
Looks like St George has remained as the primary sponsor, and picked up the sleeve sponsor as well.
410E2825-86F2-49E8-B9E5-6B236F94408D.jpeg