• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
I can't imagine it will change the lineup much. I don't think he would have been starting.
Must have forgotten he isn't playing in the NRL anymore.

Reported to be off the bench prior to this

12. stewart, 13. Paisami and Petaia on the wing

Flook or Droasese will probably take his no.23

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There has to be more to it than a simple push. As if the cops are going to bother to charge someone with such a trivial matter.

It's either on video and Vunivalu/the QRU will need to pay the bouncer like RA did for Kurtley, or the bouncer is taking the piss.

Perhaps just a security guard being precious.

SV has been has been Charged with one case of common assault in a public place.

“ Under s 245 of the Criminal Code Act 1899 (Qld), assault is any non-consensual threat or actual striking, touching or application of force. Common assault is a form of unlawful assault and makes verbal abuse, threats of violence and other assault causing minor or non-lasting injuries, a misdemeanour.”

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, typically assault is pretty minor, I'd imagine a bouncer would have dozens of causes of action for assault every night. Likely a 'oh he's got money so I got injured' situation. If it were a punch or something they typically charge with GBH.

But it takes some of the selection pressure off the back-line.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really need to see what happens in the courts. Cops are humans. They have a right to get home safely from work. They can also get it (very) wrong sometimes, like that mungo who fell asleep drunk under a tree in Moore Park.

Most are very good, some are complete arseholes and need to removed from service.

There is a cultural problem of the highest order in the NSW police. (and probably the other states, esp Victoria) What happened to Curtis Scott is not that unusual. he had the coin to defend himself properly. Now seeking 400K in damages after already getting over 100K in costs

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Yeah, typically assault is pretty minor, I'd imagine a bouncer would have dozens of causes of action for assault every night. Likely a 'oh he's got money so I got injured' situation. If it were a punch or something they typically charge with GBH.

But it takes some of the selection pressure off the back-line.

No they dont, GBH is a major offence that is usually investigated by CIB and involves injuries that involve loss of a body part or organ, disfigurement or an injury that if it were not treated would endanger life or permanent injury.

Punches are generally AOBH which includes an injury that affects health or comfort and generally has bruising.

One of his biggest issues could be a banning notice or court banning order, the offence occurred at a licenced premises and he could be banned from licenced premises in Queensland, including Suncorp Stadium.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Let’s not forget our old friend Izzy Perese, whom is likely to run out on the wing for the Tahs this Friday night faced the same QLD court system after a drug sting and went about living his life and going overseas like nothing happened.

I highly doubt this will be more than a slap on the wrist, pay the bouncer his damages somewhere to the tune of $5k, serve the match suspension and move on with it all.

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)
I don't want to sound like a party pooper but I don't understand why players are out clubbing anyway. Go out for a beer, or dinner, but it should be obvious to players that clubbing and excessive drinking isn't on the menu. There are people who are working their asses off for a place in these squads.

Reactions: dru

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I don't want to sound like a party pooper but I don't understand why players are out clubbing anyway. Go out for a beer, or dinner, but it should be obvious to players that clubbing and excessive drinking isn't on the menu. There are people who are working their asses off for a place in these squads.

Nah screw that, let them have fun

Just don’t put your hands on anyone, too many people thinking they 6ft tall and bulletproof just because they can throw a footy.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Firstly nothing was said about him drinking or what time it was. Secondly those young people like to go out clubbing. They've been doing it for century's, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone the chance to do what everyone else their age gets to do no matter what their job is.

Gervais_rugbylives

Allen Oxlade (6)
Firstly nothing was said about him drinking or what time it was. Secondly those young people like to go out clubbing. They've been doing it for century's, and I certainly wouldn't begrudge anyone the chance to do what everyone else their age gets to do no matter what their job is.

That's fair, I don't know if it was clubbing, but I assume that he was probably under the influence. I would hate to think he'd be that daft sober. The thing is that young kids look up to these guys, so if it was me, I'd be avoiding clubs.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Didn't some copper make up some shit/put a lot of mayo on an incident with Scotty Higgers a couple of years back?
Yep , Scotty walked into a “new age” police shop front to check on a mate who was “helping police with inquiries “ and a “new age“ police officer shat the bed .

I’m going back a few years here and sounding “old school” , but the scary, intimidating hard arses used to be police and security, not the patrons .

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
The allegation is that he was drunk and it was a punch/shove to the face

“As a result of investigations, a 25-year-old man was charged with common assault in a public place while adversely affected by an intoxicating substance,” a Queensland Police spokesperson told the Herald. “The wording we have in front of us is that he allegedly struck the victim beside his eye.”

Derpus

George Gregan (70)

Did you just skip your twenties? They do it because it's fun.