• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds 2021

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
The allegation is that he was drunk and it was a punch/shove to the face

“As a result of investigations, a 25-year-old man was charged with common assault in a public place while adversely affected by an intoxicating substance,” a Queensland Police spokesperson told the Herald. “The wording we have in front of us is that he allegedly struck the victim beside his eye.”

https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...after-nightclub-incident-20210216-p5730a.html

The bit I found interesting was
Pressed on whether other Reds players were present, a QRU spokesperson declined to comment.

Why not say no and stop rumours about other players involvement? Is this really an admission that Reds players were there?

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
REDS: (1-15): Dane Zander, Alex Mafi, Feao Fotuaika, Angus Blyth, Seru Uru, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor (c), Filipo Daugunu, Hamish Stewart, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Jock Campbell
Reserves: Richie Asiata*, Harry Hoopert, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith*, Tuania Tali Taualima, Moses Sorovi, Bryce Hegarty, Ilaisa Droasese*

WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Tom Horton, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Sam Caird, Jack Whetton, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Jack Dempsey, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harrison, James Ramm, Joey Walton, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks
Reserves: Dave Porecki, Tetera Faulkner, Sio Tatola, Jeremy Williams, Hugh Sinclair, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Mark Nawaqanitawase

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/sp...ds-in-super-rugby-opener-20210217-p573ds.html
On a day where Reds coach Brad Thorn and captain Liam Wright defended the club’s culture as it emerged teammates had kept Vunivalu’s alleged altercation with a nightclub security guard quiet, NSW and Queensland named their first teams of 2021 for a blockbuster clash at Suncorp Stadium on Friday.

The big team news for the Reds is that Wallabies prop Taniela Tupou hasn’t been named in the starting side. Thorn said a long Wallabies campaign meant he decided to bring “Tongan Thor” off the bench.

I wonder if the benching is related?

It seems like an odd decision to make.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
REDS: (1-15): Dane Zander, Alex Mafi, Feao Fotuaika, Angus Blyth, Seru Uru, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor (c), Filipo Daugunu, Hamish Stewart, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Jock Campbell
Reserves: Richie Asiata*, Harry Hoopert, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith*, Tuania Tali Taualima, Moses Sorovi, Bryce Hegarty, Ilaisa Droasese*

WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Tom Horton, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Sam Caird, Jack Whetton, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Jack Dempsey, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harrison, James Ramm, Joey Walton, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks
Reserves: Dave Porecki, Tetera Faulkner, Sio Tatola, Jeremy Williams, Hugh Sinclair, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Mark Nawaqanitawase

Starting Red tight 5 showing the depth issue. Go Red.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds have picked up Qoin and Icon as principe sponsors in the past 2 days, both will feature on the back of the playing shorts, a late rush to fill up the sponsorship portfolio.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Why should players not be able to go to pubs and clubs like the rest of the 20 somethings in the world for a drink with their friends. My money is on this being a huge beat up, and the security guard being an opportunist.

Furthermore, it's not fair to suggest Vunivalu has some kind of history of off field issues. The thing that happened to him in Bali should not count against him, reportedly some testosterone filled group of racist dickheads from Sydney (who holiday in Bali regularly ironically) blatantly confronted the Storm boys and the king hit him in the bar thankfully not causing any damage, then later were coming at the group again with a pair of broken bottles which caused big Nelson to step in front of Suli and start swinging.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I got my membership pack in the week. I have never been a members cap person and only ever put the stickers on the car a few times years ago. I really dig the key ring I have to say.....well done Reds.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Maybe it’s changed, but my experience with a few professional football mates back in the day(early/mid 00’s) was that they had more leeway then the regular folk. Pubs and clubs wanted them there because it made it the ‘place to be’, so the player and their entourage were allowed to carry on like dock heads and the security guards were more inclined to provide them protection, rather then extra scrutiny.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Noticed last night how fit Zander and Fotuaika are looking, trimmed down a lot but both have put in some real muscle as well. Both scrummed really well, Zander was all over HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) and Feao managed a tight head scrum against bell. Cameron Lillicrap has a real eye for talent it seems, nice work by the Reds S&C team as well though.

Both are looking a million bucks compared to when they first joined the Reds.

C56C2AB0-243F-46A0-8F7C-E25A5FF78253.png
99583416-1998-4CAF-974E-FCEF988ADB7C.jpeg

965F06B0-2319-494A-BF07-1093B89EF598.jpeg
C0975EAE-C901-41C2-8ADB-5051AE226FB1.jpeg

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Amazing what being paid to go to the gym does!

I totally agree with you - but keep in mind those before photos were when they were in their first ‘professional’ environments. If they still looked like that after 2 years with the Reds I don’t think they’d be with the team.

Unless your name is Rodzilla.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I honestly don’t care how they look if they keep scrumming like that. A thing of beauty.
Yeah, but the days of props just needing to scrum are long gone.

I’d sure as hell care if they still looked like their first photos cause I know they’d be out of position to make tackles & clean outs 30 times a game. Plus they need to scrum like that every scrum, not just the first couple.

Congrats to both Lillicrap, Thorn & the S&C staff but also massive kudos to the two of them for the work they’ve put in to get up to scratch. Probably only they and God know some of the dark places they’ve been in some of those fitness sessions.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Managing to see more Japanese rugby now with the Stan Sports package. There has been some negative sentiments about Kerevi here since he’s left and his play style but geez he looks dominant. Involved in pretty much everything today and it wasn’t just truck it up stuff, threw some great passes and offloads, looked very complete.

Not that we need any more backs but it’s good to see he’s looking strong and hopefully comes back to Australia at some stage and for the Wallabies.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Managing to see more Japanese rugby now with the Stan Sports package. There has been some negative sentiments about Kerevi here since he’s left and his play style but geez he looks dominant. Involved in pretty much everything today and it wasn’t just truck it up stuff, threw some great passes and offloads, looked very complete.

Not that we need any more backs but it’s good to see he’s looking strong and hopefully comes back to Australia at some stage and for the Wallabies.

Have to disagree strongly on the looking 'very complete'. Looked like has hasn't worked on his flaws at all. His power game was good, unsurprising as he was running off Barrett and against a team that thought tackling was optional.

But he pushed passes, he was brushed off for the opposition's try, dropped a high ball. Did a useless grubber that went straight to the opposition.