• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Blues, Round 11 2013, Attack of the Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Last week definitely took it out of the Reds and I do hope that was why they changed tactics as I really liked the way they played against the Brumbies. Main thing is they got the points despite a tough week.

Dark Shark

Alex Ross (28)
The Blues were relentless tonight at the breakdown, particularly in second half. The Reds backrow went missing at times tonight.

Cooper's great form tonight was not so dependent on Genia. Great to see.

That game was almost test like. Loved the way the Blues played tonight but I thought Ali Williams' brainless play cost them the game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Chuckling at the thread's title.

1 try scored. 3 points scored in the 2nd half.

Attacking the Defences more like.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
At one point cooper made a run, got tackled, and then got back up without playing the ball. Was a clear penalty to the blues.

And then there were all the balls that came out the blues side when everyone was off their feet.

Games over and we got the 4 points. Gut wrenching second half, really difficult to watch but I could not take my eyes off it.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
I wonder if the reds will be called cynical after this performance. Hopefully certain elements will realise that sometimes you need to do things you're not proud of to win/draw games. No disrespect to either team though, it was a good game and enjoyable to watch.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
At one point cooper made a run, got tackled, and then got back up without playing the ball. Was a clear penalty to the blues.

Yeah, saw that too.

Thought that Joubert was ok, my one criticism is that he just let too much go. That was one example, there were quite a few more at the rucks where I thought he could have penalised either team.

The Blues were great, they held the ball really well but just couldn't finish it off. They had a similar style to the Reds last week, with a refusal to kick and it almost paid off for them.

Reds have a habit now of not losing those close games. Winning the close grinds like these games make or break a team's season.

Regarding Taps, agree that in the last few weeks Lealiifano has shown that he must be the Wallaby 12. Taps has been missing tackles and dropping balls and just seems to be off the boil, whilst Lealiifano is looking very good.

At this stage, Cooper is firming for the Wallaby 10 as well.

Love seeing how long the Reds hang around signing autographs - funny images of S. Finger taking off and signing his socks for a fan!

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
The Blues had the right game plan for this game. They were fresh off the bye playing a team that had a short turn around from a draining war last week. They did their best to run the Reds ragged but the Reds still managed to do enough to get the win. They were able to pick up the intensity just long enough in that second half to get their noses in front.

Great result. Reds 4, New Zealand 0

Onward and Upwards

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
How would you describe Genia kicking it away after his break?

Fine. What happen from it that I was so brainless. Beside The blues were Awesome tonight. Cooper was in the break down,2 forwards on his right with a heavy blues defence so Genia kicked and the ball went into touch.
If cooper didn't get involved in the break down, Genia WOULD have used the combination of both his and coopers quick and long quick passes to stretch the blues defence to the left.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In the true ANZAC tradition, Hugh!

I think that military history records that the only time when a NZ mob attacked an Australian mob at war (an ANZAC tradition from the original ANZACs) was in the back streets of the red light district of Cairo in WWI.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Worst crowd going around

e94aa6328f514815e43a11c507a0a877_zps35e100ee.jpg

18f212931375eed76a1e9b7fd2a24920_zps7336d02c.jpg

Shit your right, its a fucked crowd supporting there team.

Enjoy 11th place.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
MOTM Craig Joubert for the QLD Reds. The Blues didnt do themselves any favours giving away heaps of stupid penalties, and way too many knock ons. But he didnt ping the Reds for doing the exact same thing the Blues were doing 95m down the pitch.

Very lucky win for the Reds.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The vibe I am getting from here is that the Reds supporters don't give a flying fox how lucky they may or may not have been to get the 4 points for victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.