• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Blues, Round 11 2013, Attack of the Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
I have to say watching the replay, Daley gives away 6 points in the first 25 minutes. Sorry Ben, but you need time some time at club level. Holmes to start , Anae to sub next week.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
While it is good that the NZ Conference is clearly the weakest I cast my mind back to the early 2000's when the Soap Dodgers were pretty ordinary and easily beaten. This was prior to us getting done in Bill 2003.

Form matters for nothing between RWC's.

Are the Darkness playing mind games with us with their weak conference this year?

T

TOCC

First Australian team to complete a clean sweep of the kiwi teams in the professional era is an impressive stat...

Reds looking pretty dammed fatigued after 2 wins and a draw against the top 3 teams in the past 3 weeks...

Might need to rotate some of the boys.

As for comments against the crowd, what a ridiculous statement, at least queenslanders boo the ref and not their own bloody team.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congrats Reds. Blues clearly better but points on the board!

The Blues played outstanding and as Link pointed out they played our own game plan at us. That said they threw everything including the kitchen sink at us and would you know we also tackled said kitchen sink. That was a pretty amaizing effort from the Reds in defense and the sheer amount of it they had to do was immense.

For different reasons both sides were just awsome. So was Sir John's comments after the game.

Both sides earnt my respect after that game.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Gutted that we lost. Was playing a gig last night so had one eye on the TV while playing but Mrs Bullrush filled me in on a few details. She kept going on about how lazy Ali Williams was in the last 20min or so.

I mentioned Henry factor earlier and I think the defence is starting to show proof of his impact.

Even though I wish we won, if the Blues keep playing like this, they will definitely be around come play-offs.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Yeah, fantastic performance by the Blues. A lot of the Reds problems were caused by the pressure from the Blues defence/breakdown work.

Very happy that the Reds could stick with it to keep themselves in a position win it in the 75th minute when they go the chance.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Great win by Reds
Made more tackles in first half than whole game last week (i reckon)
To win a game with only 40% of the ball also says something about the team with 60% not winning
Daley very rusty but toughed it out for as long as he could.
Wow - those Blues turnovers were incredible - the nuumber and frequency just stopped the Reds getting the momentum at crucial periods of the game.
Taps not playing well ATM and the Jono missed tackle directly lead to that Blues try.
Cooper continues to increase his impact on games

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Was at game, and boy another cracker in my opinion. Obviously game could of gone either way, surprised Blues didn't appear to have droppie in their playbook at end of game, or perhaps the old heads in forwards just wanted to play for try or penalty, but regardless anyone moaning that ref is to blame for win or loss is barking up wrong tree, noticed a few things I thought he missed both ways, but nothing too much.

Lyall

Allen Oxlade (6)
Putting aside all of the positives and negatives (or is that negatives and positives?) of Quades game for just one moment, what I do like about his involvement(s) in the last few games is his willingness to go into contact with AND without the ball.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I think you are confusing cynical and clinical.

Reds hardly penalised all night, so definitely not cynical. Butchered a lot of good field position so I wouldn't say clinical either.
When I said that they were playing cynical rugby it was said with my tongue wedged very firmly in my cheek as could be seen with the smiley face that accompanied the post. But as you're being so defensive about what was meant to be a joke....Clinical? Not the word I would have used either. Lucky..closer to the mark. What a difference a week makes.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Comments about the Reds being cynical and comparing that game to the Brumbies performance last week. The Brumbies were accused of cynical play, not for taking shots at goal but for deliberately offending every time the Reds came close to scoring. How were the Reds being cynical?!?

Just because the ref didn't penalise, doesn't mean there wern't offenses. Last week the brums did what they had to do to get as many points as they could, this week the reds played similarly. If Joubert started calling all the ruck stuff there would have been cards this week, heaps just got let go. Not saying that the reffing was unfair, that's just what reds supporters said last week.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The reds played similar to the brumbies?

No, the reds didn't not intentionally commit offenses everytime the Blues got near the line (not that it happened much). The reds and blues were both extremely disciplined in their defense.

A big difference to how the brumbies played.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
From where we were watching it appeared the Reds were lying all over the ball, but whatever :D
Funny how we all watch the same game and see different things.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
And just for the record:

The blues played better and deserved to win, just as I believe the reds played better last weekend and deserved to win.

You don't often have these anomalies in rugby, so two in two weeks is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.