• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Brumbies - Super Rugby Round 7 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Sorry, false alarm.... Foxsports3.

TV guides not correct. Whew. Going to the reds game so need to be able to watch it in the calm tomorrow and will be driving while Force and playing. Just had a little panic.
Fuckin hell way to give me a heart attack, was wondering how I was gonna watch Toua tear up :p

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's because the blue coloured glass wearers think he is 2nd to Pocock. That's a joke in my opinion. If that's our #2, we truly are screwed. He disappeared last week and that was a wonderful try he let through for his MOM performance.

You think he disappeared last week?

What's covering your glasses?

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
anyone know when the Reds members bar in the stadium will be open from and will they be showing the early game? With Good Friday, I don't think any of the pubs on Caxton St will be open.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yeah, Hooper has been undeniably awesome. I do remember him missing a tackle on the line which may be what he's referring to - but to write of his permanent based on that is silly.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
anyone know when the Reds members bar in the stadium will be open from and will they be showing the early game? With Good Friday, I don't think any of the pubs on Caxton St will be open.

Gates open at 5:30pm, there is schoolboys curtain raiser probably also the Canes game on the tv's.

The Exchange is opening at midnight but not sure how you'd fill in the 90 mins from getting punted from stadium at around 10:30 until then.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Gates open at 5:30pm, there is schoolboys curtain raiser probably also the Canes game on the tv's.

The Exchange is opening at midnight but not sure how you'd fill in the 90 mins from getting punted from stadium at around 10:30 until then.
Thanks, I needed that info too!!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)

Which school boys?

N

Newter

Easy? I doubt Mark Ella would have looked much better behind a beaten pack and a now very slow halfback. Every card was stacked against him. He'll be hurting big-time but he just needs to go back to grade, regroup and play good football. He'll get another chance. We aren't so blessed with talented young tens around the country (unlike our NZ cousins). And Sopoanga, Bleyendaal and Cruden have turned in some shockers on their way up too.

Nah, he got some good ball at times from Genia and managed to fuck it up. Just indecisive. He might get better but he doesn't have the acceleration.

brumsfan

Sydney Middleton (9)
You think he disappeared last week?

What's covering your glasses?

Spot on Slim, some people don't even watch the games and make comments about players.
Hooper only played 55 minutes last week and still topped the brumbies tackle count, only a sharks player that played the full match made 2 more. He was also credited with 2 turnovers through counterucking and put extreme pressure on the sharks ball.

It will be interesting to see how fast our recycle ball is this week without him, as he is the 1st to nearly every brumbies tackled player. I fear that Robinson and Gill will both be awarded multiple penalties tonight if not steals, because I'm not sure who will do this job, certainly not Vaea, he will be standing waiting to run the ball, and to be fair to him, that is why he has been picked.

I have been a fan of Hooper for some time and can't help wondering how wise it is not playing him when we hear he is currently negotiating his contract with multiple franchises. We have seen a glimpse of what he can do, resulting in a MOTM performance, Aus team of the week and Super 15 team of the week, yet Jake has gone back to a big low work rate 7 that failed to impress in the first 2 games. If you were looking to secure your future would you stay at the brumbies?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
To be honest, I think he made the Hooper out of spite of how much we listen to you lot go on about him being the next Pocock. Yeh he is a good player, being a standout in 3 matches doesn't make you a superstar. Come back to me at the end of the season then I'll tell you if he deserves the hype.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
To be honest, I think he made the Hooper out of spite of how much we listen to you lot go on about him being the next Pocock. Yeh he is a good player, being a standout in 3 matches doesn't make you a superstar. Come back to me at the end of the season then I'll tell you if he deserves the hype.
To be fair, Tiger, we heard a lot of the same talk about Gill last year, and no doubt we'll hear it again about someone else - maybe Pyle and Jones, who are getting big wraps on the Rebels thread. It's the nature of the beast for fans to talk up their own. We shouldn't react, and put these up-and-comers down as players, out of annoyance, but be happy there are some bright prospects on the horizon.
Now if we can just find a couple of really good 3s, 8s and 10s somewhere.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Sorry, false alarm.... Foxsports3.

TV guides not correct. Whew. Going to the reds game so need to be able to watch it in the calm tomorrow and will be driving while Force and playing. Just had a little panic.

Hey Sucker, I hope you've got a good solicitor for the court case to cover my injuries from falling off my chair, hitting my head on the table behind me, my wife fainting from seeing all the blood and bruising her shoulder, not to mention the injuries to the dog as she fell on it.

Just kidding, as though....

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hey Sucker, I hope you've got a good solicitor for the court case to cover my injuries from falling off my chair, hitting my head on the table behind me, my wife fainting from seeing all the blood and bruising her shoulder, not to mention the injuries to the dog as she fell on it.

Would a beer cover it?

Or you could use my season ticket tonight. I am in the posh seats.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We have some good 10s Cyclo. They are just all broken.
I disagree. Cooper will be an unknown quantity when he finally plays again, and prior to be injured had lost his mojo. I hope he can get it back. Harris is solid, but for mine not a top notch international level 10, goal-kicking aside. JOC (James O'Connor) gets talked up at 10, but what evidence do we have he is going to make it there? I think he is destined to be a long term 12, and a very good one. Barnes has good games, but struggles with any degree of back foot ball. To'omua never gets enough time between injuries, poor bugger.
All decent, but I am nowhere near confident at this stage of the season that we will have the answer come international time.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
I disagree. Cooper will be an unknown quantity when he finally plays again, and prior to be injured had lost his mojo. I hope he can get it back. Harris is solid, but for mine not a top notch international level 10, goal-kicking aside. JOC (James O'Connor) gets talked up at 10, but what evidence do we have he is going to make it there? I think he is destined to be a long term 12, and a very good one. Barnes has good games, but struggles with any degree of back foot ball. To'omua never gets enough time between injuries, poor bugger.
All decent, but I am nowhere near confident at this stage of the season that we will have the answer come international time.

Lilo and Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.