• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds V Brumbies Trial 11-2-12 Live Twitter feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
All the team's media units spin things for their own agendas, so I won't bother commenting on that...

To use the old cliche it did appear to be a game of two halves...

Without being there and going on the various match reports...

From a Brumbies viewpoint it seems that the Reds mostly scored off Brumbies mistakes, and that the Reds would purposely infringe when the Brumbies did come close... And both teams fared better with their weaker lineups?

It's hard to gauge where the teams are at for now. It I'm sure both teams took positives out of that result...

I wonder how much losing Moore and Alexander so early on impacted on the 'A' team in the first half?

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Or even if it actually happened!

I figure that the ref blew something up so therefore there is an 'it' and 'it' is illegal in the eyes of at least one ref and therefore should not be in the game.

Does anyone have info on what the penalities were?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Reds sneak home? Werent they ahead of the Brums all game? Hard to assess on twitter feed & reports that may be somewhat not the whole story. At any rate its an early game, sounds like good signs for both teams. AC injuries are not good but hopefully for Moore its a low grade.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To be fair, they scored a try near the end to win...

So I can't remember off the top of my head if it was equal or whether they were up only by 2 points before that try...

It was a pretty close game...

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Does it really matter what an article on the match said? Sneaked home or not, who cares? The only thing that matters is the final result, and how the teams played.
The Brumbies (not ponies, guys, if you want respect you give respect) lost a grand final to the Crusaders by one point. One or one hundred, it changes absolutely nothing.
I have not seen the match, but according to reports both team played well. Let's focus on the positives.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
move on, its a bloody trial. But I tell you one thing, this "University of Canberra Bruimbies" thing is gonna get tiresome pretty damn quick.
True story. I was going to say the same thing about the Reds press releases, but on re-reading, I see that after the full "St George Queensland Reds" at the start, it's just "the Reds" from there on in, as it should be.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Only stats that matter are the 20-27 score... 4-1 tries isn't relevant... However I do remember many talking up the all Wallaby Reds before the trial match, looks like a bunch of rookies pushed the Reds who had to score in the last minutes to win the match... nice work brumbies lads I say... As fro the Brumbies media unit, if you don't like it don't read it, all their posts are clearly marked... The rugby Weekly article didn't even interview a brumby or Coach post match and only told the Red story... the real story was the Champs were pushed by a bunch of rookies...

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
True story. I was going to say the same thing about the Reds press releases, but on re-reading, I see that after the full "St George Queensland Reds" at the start, it's just "the Reds" from there on in, as it should be.

It's just as well they dropped the "ACT" a few years ago, because the University of Canberra ACT Brumbies is just getting a little beyond a joke.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
27 - 20

Games are not won on the amount of tries scored, but by amount of points in general.

Otherwise the Brumbies would've beaten the Reds in Canberra last year.

we won on both counts anyway....in a pre-season trial.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm loving all the spite brewing up between reds and (2) brumbies fans.

Can't wait for superugby to start, friday beers has been lacking something for too long.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
you were wondering if it was even before the last try. I cleared it up for you. Take the chip off your shoulder.

Sent using Tapatalk on a very old phone

No chip here...

I'm certainly not the one getting precious about this...

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Settle petals!!!!!
What I am surprised at is the amount of kicks that the 'Brumbies' took. After all it was a trial match and I thought they were about getting the lads back on the paddock; trying combinations; giving new guys a run and generally getting a feel as a team. Kicking penalties is not usually big on the agenda, or wasn't once upon a time.....

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
White seems to want them to get into the habit of winning again.

And they definitely needed to find a new kicker.

Looks like Nic White is the man.

Status
Not open for further replies.