• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Bulls, Rnd 7 2020 Suncorp Stadium 6:15pm AEST

Reds or Bulls?

• Reds +12

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Reds -12

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Bulls -12

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Bulls +12

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
YEs - just wow.

Zander gets a start, go that bloke. Grabbing his opportunity and I will be rooting for him all the way.
No Second Row on the bench, so you'd imagine LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) finishes there.
Hockings must step up - do a Zander, mate!
Really pleased to see 10: JOC (James O'Connor) 12: Stewart 15: Jock. 22: Lucas. Key choices for me for now and for the future. For that matter I like 13 CFS given the injuries.

Odd selections in the row for fixing our line out and maul defence - unless of course the choices have been dictated that way through training.

CFS showing his utility value as is Hegarty but tbh never seen him play wing to confirm he can play a decent game there - well actually form wise more whether he can play decent game in any position. Imagine desperate for his goal kicking to start ahead of daganunu (darn can never remember how to spell islander names)

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
It's not the dying part that's of concern, unless you're of a certain vintage & more at risk. It's more the risk of being isolated & quarantined that worries me. Especially as a self employed contractor. No financial fallback other than hard won savings!

Pretty much this! I've just been made redundant at work (corporate overlords are shutting our whole company down) so am thinking I can't really afford to be quarantined when job hunting....

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
That sure is a wishy washy interview from Thorn on Rodda. He has also been uncertain when interviewed in recent times.
Is it possible that all is not well there?

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I thought what Thorn said about Rodda was pretty astute, I'd say it's more likely coming from S&C rather than Thorn himself and if that's the case -- that Thorn is taking advice from his S&C team then that's excellent, exactly what you want to see from your head coach. I think it makes sense, Rodda has had a massive workload been in just about all the Wallabies games, and put in big shifts for the Reds. Holding him back a bit might just help him/us long term. I think winning or losing this game isn't going to come down to what Rodda offers over the other options we have in the second row, and if we do lose this game and crap out this season then that isn't going to be because we rested Rodda this week.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I thought what Thorn said about Rodda was pretty astute, I'd say it's more likely coming from S&C rather than Thorn himself and if that's the case -- that Thorn is taking advice from his S&C team then that's excellent, exactly what you want to see from your head coach. I think it makes sense, Rodda has had a massive workload been in just about all the Wallabies games, and put in big shifts for the Reds. Holding him back a bit might just help him/us long term. I think winning or losing this game isn't going to come down to what Rodda offers over the other options we have in the second row, and if we do lose this game and crap out this season then that isn't going to be because we rested Rodda this week.
The talk of resting Rodda is a little confusing. His ankle is still not 100%, could probably play if needed , but why rush him ?

Think the “rest” is more giving him time to be 100% fit than a decision to give him a break.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
keep hands away from your mouth
hmm, tricky one for Reds fans.....

o-HORRIFIED-FACE-facebook.jpg

B

Bobby Sands

I hope you're right in the interests of oz rugby, but seems some strange selections in a must win game. I'll be cheering for them either way. Good luck

I am supremely confident on tonight for some reason. Glad to have your support, even if that is like the French saying "I trust you" to the English ;)

dru

Tim Horan (67)
unfortunately that's not accurate. According to the stats its looking like you would be 50 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than from a car accident in QLD

How does that work?

I get 222 deaths per annum (latest data I found in a quick search 2017-2018) which is 18.5 per month. [edit vehicle accidents]

3 deaths from Covid-19.

??

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Need Hockings to stand up tonight. He has great ability IMO, but hasn’t been great this year so far.

Also need Mafi’s throwing to match the rest of his game.

If we get the first, the second one will become a lot easier.

B

Bobby Sands

We look fat and slow.

It is so obvious playing blokes like Lukhan in the backrow ruins our mobility. Why is ASY (Angus Scott-Young) not out there chopping blokes? Or McReight even?

Starting pace is too fast for Zane, and Hockings is so far away from the level.

This is really ordinary selection and I am livid.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Sorry, but Bryce Hegarty is a defensive liability, can kick goals, but can’t stop tries

Reactions: dru