• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Just cause I can't wait till next weeks game after a week in solitary. Bit of history between the two sides. Poaching...Sharpie becoming a Force legend....Genia backflip on coming over...Mozza from Reds to Force....Dick Graham fired and now coaching the Reds. So much to look forward to on Saturday! What will be my 1000th post? (be gentle)

ESPNScrum...Queensland braced for Force War.....like the title....inflammatory...my style hahaha ;)

http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2014/rugby/story/220213.html

T

tranquility

Very happy this is at Suncorp. If you lot are good enough to beat us at home, then all the luck to you.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
The Reds players looked wrecked after the Stormers match and it will take some careful management to get them trough this game.

T

tranquility

Probably some fresh troops too. With Dom out, JJ will come onto the bench if not starting. Browning is sniffing around for a chance. Ant would be a chance for 13 and McDuling has been close to the squad for the last few weeks.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
This'll be a pretty close one I reckon. Pretty even in the pack. The Reds home advantage vs being worn out and a bit injury depleted. The big point of difference is the Genia Cooper combo. Target Genia like we did last year and we could win this one. If the Reds are smart, they'll alert the ref to watch the off the ball stuff. Maybe have Godwin run hard at Cooper in defence all night to pressure the other part of the axis.

Exciting!

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
So the Reds are coming off a fairly torrid encounter with the Stormers and have injury woes, but really what are the odds of the Force having four wins on the trot?

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I want the reds to win but my gut says a cheeky $20 on the force would be the way to go.

Reds seem a bit stale at the moment and are being crippled by injury and expectation. Force on the other hand are a team with nothing to lose and are coming off monumental win over the chiefs.

No matter what happens it's going to be one hell of a match

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
This'll be a pretty close one I reckon. Pretty even in the pack. The Reds home advantage vs being worn out and a bit injury depleted. The big point of difference is the Genia Cooper combo. Target Genia like we did last year and we could win this one. If the Reds are smart, they'll alert the ref to watch the off the ball stuff. Maybe have Godwin run hard at Cooper in defence all night to pressure the other part of the axis.

Exciting!

Smart tactic but one thing I have noticed is the Harris has been playing a lot of first receiver and Quade Outside him.

Lucas to FB and Turner onto the wing. Lucas was bloody good when he cam on last week.

Force are going to be hard upfront. They are technically good and could pull us apart up front.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Clearly the Reds are the favourites for this one.
Playing his 100th Super Rugby game, the Queenslanders will rally for FTS's special occasion, and emotionally get up for this match.

Battle hardened by a physical encounter with the Stormers, they will no doubt be well recovered after a week with low workload and a lot of rest, as the Force will be, but the bye will have stifled what little momentum the Force had.

The Reds have the firepower up front to get the job done; a formidable scrummaging, all Wallabies capped front row (bar Owen and Anae - but Anae was a Wallaby tourist in 2013 so watch out) under the tutelage of former Force forwards coach Nick Stiles, who knows the Force scrum inside and out. Reinforced by the Wallabies locking duo, the grunt provided by these two will go a long way to dismantling the Force scrum, and dominating the lineout.

And in the backrow are 3 youthful, energetic hard workers, who will look to up the pace and smother the Force backrow featuring the aging veteran Hodgo, the 4th-in-line Wallabies number 8 (7th in line if you go by Tomikin's recommendation that Smiler, Butler, and Auelua are better) McCalman and the evergreen Cottrell.

And don't get me started on the halves pairing. The incumbent Wallabies halves combination of Genia and Cooper will look to absolute dominate proceedings, and their counterparts, who are nothing but 'journeymen' from South Africa and New Zealand. A 4-try bonus point is in the works here when these two are playing in tandem.

The rest of the Reds backline is not too shabby either: all Wallabies capped, apart from Frisby, watch the likes of Tapuai, Shipperly, Turner and Davies just run rings around the average Force backline, whose only shining light Godwin will absolutely get schooled by Harris.

If the Force don't get rolled by 30+, call it a moral victory for the men from the West.

T

tranquility

You guys are getting pretty cocky aren't you? Thinking you will get within 30 and all..... ;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Every derby is shaping as a big one for the conference.

Force fans are rightfully cocky, they have always pushed us. Not sure how this will play out. After week one the Rebels and Chiefs showed up in the west with there minds elsewhere and got shown up for it. No danger of anyone taking the Force lightly again this year.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Reds HAVE to win to get some momentum going -

My perfect weekend is a Reds bonus point win this
weekend, The Blues to win and the Tahs to come second - with no bonus points/
One can only dream ...............

T

tranquility

Yeah I agree, logically it is not game over if we lose - but I think realistically it is. We need the momentum, we need to win our home games and we need bonus points. While I would take a 3-0 Victory, I think anything less than this would be a catastrophe.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The games between the Reds and the force are generally very tight on the scoreboard. The few times there have been blowouts, it's usually the force that have smashed us. I think from memory the reds are up in wins for and against but in total points difference the force are in front.
The force also play quite well at Suncorp (being QLD A and all). ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.