• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Force Rd 8 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
In all seriousness I’m under no illusion of the task ahead for the Force.

This is a massive game for both teams a bonus point win could potentially push the victor into 1st or 2nd on the Aus conference which is huge.

The Force will be going for 4 wins in a row which would be the first time in the clubs history if they can get up.

The Reds didn’t play well on Saturday but they did one thing......they got the win and in the end that is all that matters.

I’m scared about Genia. He hasn’t played well the last few weeks nor has be played well the last few times against the Force so I guess you could say he is due........

On the force side the bye i think came at the right time with lots of little niggles and suspensions coming after a lot of travel, but can we regain the form we were in before? I hope so.

MMM will be out but McCalman will be back. Alcock has been ruled out for the season so Hodgo’s is on his own for the rest of the year.

I think this is the week Godwin finds his running game. I don’t think he will be under as much pressure from the reds defence. No saying they aren’t a good defending team but they dont have that massive midfield players or 10 they just make the tackle and get the job done.

I will say the force will get up but by how many I don’t know.

Carn the Force.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The useless Reds that won against Stormers on the weekend for a win. And bring the Force crashing back to earth after there latest freak upset win and to crush there hopes of a missive club history of 4 wins in a row.

Reds 20+

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Biggsy's onto it. Reds 20+ all day.

The Force have been punching above their weight. Heart can only carry you so far and our biggest weapon, the ambush has deserted us. I expect the Reds class to rise to the top and they will win comfortably.

(Fucks sake @Hammeroid, that's how you do it)

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
ChargeWA, I'm glade you have found this renewed confidence in your team and the roll they are on. The loyal Force fans deserve it for sure.....

I have to agree with you on the Reds class will rise. And it will be a comfortable win.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Hoping like hell for the win but not getting too ahead of myself. Should be a ripper game. The Reds have probably underachieved so far and the Force the opposite. The Force will want to try and dominate in the pigs to prevent the Reds from getting the ball to their still very potent backline. If they can do that then they'll hopefully keep the score board ticking over enough to be in front at the end. The Reds are going to score points, they always do, it'll be our job to keep them to a minimum.

T

tranquility

Probably more likely.

The irony of Browning potentially taking Quirks spot is that, they both played in the same high school pack. Only Quirk was two years older.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds outside backs haven't looked overly potent this year, and they have injuries to boot.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Force are 8th on the ladder, reds are 9th
Force have a -5 points diff, Reds have -25
Force have won their last 3 games, Reds 1 from 3 (and that team was the bottom team on the table at the time)
Force are missing a couple of players MMM/Alcock, Reds are missing a heap LG,CFS,AT,DS etc etc
Force have not lost to the Reds in their past 3 games (2 wins 1 draw)

It's a no-brainer, it should be a walk in the park for the Force (someone tell their players that please)

Reds thus claim underdog status.

Go the Reds!

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Force pack have had the wood on the reds a couple years now. The only saving grace for the reds is how poor our force backs have been and our inability to convert possession into points. hopefully things have changed. Force own the scrums. Reds own the lineouts. collision and breakdown should be won by the force. i remember old mate ranga eddie quirk bragging about bashing the force couple years back and ended up coming off the field like he got hit by a mack truck. lol Normally how effective the force backrow would be depended on how accurate and the mood of the ref would be. lucky theres more focus on the reds and their repeated infringement this year. the key to force success(or close to success) against the reds was slowing down the breakdown and putting genia under extreme pressure. This will no doubt be part of the gameplan again as cooper is at his best when genia is on song. Mathieson has owned genia in last years encounters. As mentioned previously the difference has always been the reds classy backs. Fortunately for us things have evened out with some of the injuries they have, but they still have plenty of depth to cover the gaps. Quade Cooper/Genia and the reds pack laying the platform for quick recycling of the ball are the keys to a win for the reds. The game will be a cracker and cant wait!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Will the Force lose momentum with the bye?
Can the Reds' sputtering attack fire?
Will the ref be a total arseclown?

3-all draw thanks vicar. Suits the Tahs just fine ;)

But I'm banking on the Reds to eke out a close one here.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Biggsy's onto it. Reds 20+ all day.

The Force have been punching above their weight. Heart can only carry you so far and our biggest weapon, the ambush has deserted us. I expect the Reds class to rise to the top and they will win comfortably.

(Fucks sake @Hammeroid, that's how you do it)

Ther Force HAVE been punching above their weight - Is that West Australian, Dame Gina of the Pig Iron a sponser. If not, she should throw her weight behind the team

Status
Not open for further replies.