• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels Rd 14, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
So the Rebels are on a roll and the Reds have hit Rock bottom. The Reds should have got the win first time round, this time you would expect the Rebels to be holding the favorite tag.

Lets just hope the Rebels can repeat last years victory at Suncorp.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Can't see the Reds winning this one. Will be hoping and cheering for a big W but just can't see it happening.

Reds by 8

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I'll predict one thing:

Knuckles arrives tomorrow we are told.

if he starts exuding a new energy with the team and hints of new directions and (undefined) changes perhaps to come, we'll see a much better Reds performance v Rebels than v Crusaders.

The team needs believable hope, as much as it does many other things that are not there today.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
It will be interesting to see if the Rebels play McMahon , who would of thought they would have that option and come to think of it Heggarty shadowing a rejuvenated Mike Harris . They (The Rebels) seem to not care too much about who is on the paddock from within the squad as they seem to be playing for each other . Should be a good contest as the Reds have heaps of talent and are capable of beating anyone with the right mindset , maybe make Liam Gill captain as he has been leading by example for much of the year , just a thought .

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think Tamati will come straight back in, we lose something in alignment on both A & D when he's off the park. Expect McMahon and Weeks on the bench for Fuglistaller and Metcher.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
^^^^Weeks will play another week of club rugby, he didn't play 80 minutes yesterday for Souths. Only caught the end of the game and he was already off the field even though they trailed by 13 points.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
^^^^Weeks will play another week of club rugby, he didn't play 80 minutes yesterday for Souths. Only caught the end of the game and he was already off the field even though they trailed by 13 points.

Remarkable comeback , I predict Laurie may get a Guernsey on "dancing with the stars" if the rehab continues at this rate .....

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Reds by 50. 53-3 should do it. I'm sure that sort of score happened in an alternate reality and is due for a repeat.

A few Rebels players will remember that, Harris with a double and Higginbotham with one of his 30 Super Rugby meat pies. Lets hope they both get some meat pies this week to.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
Tex & Scoey aka Brint & Meekus

Zoolander (2001)

Brint: Or the way Hansel combs his hair?
Meekus: Or like, doesn't, it's like, ex-squeeze me, but have you ever heard of styling gel?
Brint: I'm sure Hansel's heard of styling gel, he's a male model.
Meekus: Uh, earth to Brint, I was making a joke.
Brint: Uh, Earth to Meekus, duh, okay I knew that!
Meekus: Uh earth to Brint, I'm not so sure you did cuz you were all 'well I'm sure he's heard of styling gel' like you *didn't* know it was a joke!
Brint: I knew it was a joke Meekus, I just didn't get it right away!
Meekus: Earth to Brint...

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Rebels on fire, Reds still only smouldering.

I really hope they turn up the heat thuis week at the place that used to be called The Fortress.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am actually heading to Melbourne for the weekend on Saturday morning. Kind of dreading bumping into 25 happy Rebels players at the airport.

I'd much rather be that annoying guy strolling by in my Reds cap, reminding them of the flogging they just copped.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Any chance of the Reds playing a 10 at 10? I think Knuckles would love someone there who can kick for the corners all night.

It mightn't be a good plan but at least it's a plan.

T

Train Without a Station

Read in the Courier Mail this morning that Jake McIntyre was training at 10 yesterday and is a chance of starting.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Any chance of the Reds playing a 10 at 10? I think Knuckles would love someone there who can kick for the corners all night.

It mightn't be a good plan but at least it's a plan.

I agree with the spirit of your post: let's at least start some thoughtful experiments with new players or new plans or new combinations or..........the season's gone, time for pro-active renewal after so little else has worked well so far in 2015.

However I note that the QRU are now letting it be known that 'RG has 5 games to salvage his position'. (Perhaps this is like the infamous - though amusing - ref's 'final, truly final, probably really final' warning to Richie McCaw in his red zone after 5 'accidental' AB infringements).

If this definition of how RG saves himself is true (the last definition was the 5 games between the two byes and on that basis he scored a D-), it's likely we'll see zero new experiments and risk-taking as the season finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.