• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels Rd 14, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Suncorp's pitch has been rubbish for years now, this year is the worst I have seen it though. Apparently the drainage system was never properly fixed following the 2011 floods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm,the surface looked fine for the Mungo Test recently,after being called off 36 hours prior due to heavy rain.
Drainage seemed to have worked fine then?
But agree that concerns over the surface are all post2011 floods.

dillyboy

Nev Cottrell (35)
I suspect its currently infested with lawn grubs too - last game I was at there were alot of little black bugs in the stands which is never a good sign.

Dads the curator for a gps schools grounds and he agrees on the drainage and overuse - after 2011 he had to returf the whole place & the school played elsewhere for a season

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
watched a replay last night.

Slipper was immense and Gilly very very good.

It was just refreshing to see the lads polay some very good rugby.

Bring on the Sharks

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I remember the pitch when we played the force after the cyclone had been through. The soccer and cricket had been cancelled that weekend but the rugby went ahead and the pitch looked fine. Surely the drainage must be ok?

Compare that to the Sharks game that same weekend where they were brushing water from the pitch before and at half time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I was soft and did not go :( Was all dressed in my Reds finery when sick wifey got home feeling very sorry for herself. A poor excuse I know but super spicy curries from our local were required. STAT. Anyway, I couldn't give away my spare tickets and was going to go by myself.

I was over the moon to see the boys play like that again. Just quietly, I have a feeling the half time sermon may have not been delivered by Woody because we have not seen that team that played the second half in 2 years.

I will harden the fuck up and not give into the seduction of curries and be at the Shorks.

Redstragic, there are two reasons why you definitely should not go next week to see the Reds v Shorks:
1) superstition says your non-presence was the real reason the Reds won, and
2) even more cookie points with the missus... er, well, one reason really:oops:

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Watched the replay, nice to see a Red team with vigour. Generally agree with most comments, especially Jake, Gill, Slipper, Genia.

Two thoughts though.
1. Simmo seems to be below the radar, thought he played well. Close to Gill for MOTM for me.
2. Should [edit: NOT] under rate the impact of Debs yellow. Yes we were surging before that, but Rebels lost oomph. I'd like a repeat performance against 15 for 80.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
WTF did TT say to them at half time ? first half was very competitive , we came out in the second half and played like dribblers . Reds were not going to let that go , Gill a real surgeon the way he operates MOTM for mine . Rebels are roostered now , the Africans will eat us for breakfast and we will return a broken team and get flogged at home , usual end of season for Rebels just a bit later this year .. arrrgghhh !!

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Watched the replay, nice to see a Red team with vigour. Generally agree with most comments, especially Jake, Gill, Slipper, Genia.

Two thoughts though.
1. Simmo seems to be below the radar, thought he played well. Close to Gill for MOTM for me.
2. Should under rate the impact of Debs yellow. Yes we were surging before that, but Rebels lost oomph. I'd like a repeat performance against 15 for 80.
I agree, I think Simmons doesn't get acknowledged enough. He does the dirty work and is brilliant in the line outs. I think the nature of his play means he doesn't stand out.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
WTF did TT say to them at half time ? first half was very competitive , we came out in the second half and played like dribblers . Reds were not going to let that go , Gill a real surgeon the way he operates MOTM for mine . Rebels are roostered now , the Africans will eat us for breakfast and we will return a broken team and get flogged at home , usual end of season for Rebels just a bit later this year .. arrrgghhh !!
Maybe ith knuckles doing the reds half time talk RG had some free time and they let him have a go at giving the rebels half time speech. Seems to have been an effective tactic. :D

B

Bobby Sands

Yeah I liked Karmichaels performance at 13, whilst he didn't have a lot of involvement I thought he made the right decisions when he was involved, straightened up the attack for the players outside him.. He wasn't finding the space himself but he was helping create space for others..

He also absolutely belted a Rebels player front on in the first half, and made a pin-point midfield kick which won us valuable territory early on. Considering how little he has played, it was a good showing in my opinion. He will only get better.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Do you know that for a fact or are you speculating?
I think the biggest difference between Suncorp and Twickenham is that Suncorp had the Brisbane river on top of it. The best curators in the world would be struggling if the drainage is clogged with silt as suspected.

But doesn't the silt from flooding rivers help things grow? Or is that just the Nile?;)

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I remember noting this incident at the time and meant to check if he'd been cited. Does anyone know if this was picked up? No mention of it here?

xtaFaZ3.jpg

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
Adam Thomson on Mike Harris right? I think I remember it, looked like they were joking around.

Nah. I watched the replay a few times, they weren't joking around. I don't think there was much in it, but you know how things are with making contact with the eyes these days. Just surprised it went without a look at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.