• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Rebels, Sat May 17 @ 7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The criticism of Horwill is appalling. People expect players to fight like the devil for 80 minutes yet be a saint and not exude passion as soon as the full time siren is up.

In a tight game with something like 6 losses on the trot he took definite points when on offer, something any captain does and now he's trying not too lose?

And now he's playing average to poor? People were saying at half time last week he was back to his best. Pull your fucking heads in you peanuts. You may not have gave a fuck about your school boy 7th grade team which you likely played in but to criticise a bloke for passion in the jersey is unwarranted and ludicrous.

Acting churlish isn't passion, he was just acting dumb and classless, how someone acts under pressure usually tells you more than how they act winning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
and forgiven - not just because he's probably right

Although the officials got the call right in the end. The big problem as I saw it was firstly Walsh was content to let the wrestle on the ground continue without any intervention and secondly he penalised the wrong man originally. The Reds should never have received the penalty in the first place, the Rebels player was trying to pull a player away from the wrestle not take part. I thought the end result was actually an example of the TMO working - i.e. a serious incident of foul play occurred, was missed by the officials on ground, seen by the TMO and relayed to the referee who took the appropriate action. One assumes that had Walsh or either AR seen the attack on the face a red card and a penalty to the Rebels would have resulted.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Acting churlish isn't passion, he was just acting dumb and classless, how someone acts under pressure usually tells you more than how they act winning

Too harsh I think.
I'm not supporting his actions last night.
But he has performed admirably in the past under the pump.
I don't think last night reflects his personality.
I doubt it will be repeated.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Bn1hNCdIUAArBBD.jpg

yeah, nah.

"Mine eyes"

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Also, it was great to see Tommy Kingston take his chance and have a strong match. I think he's still a bench player behind Sau, but he certainly put his name up as next in line. Runs great lines and would be an interesting option at fullback.
I want sau on the bench still - Kingston is a long term Aussie prospect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

You just go and tell that to Cheika.

Kev has quite the long track record at conducting himself with grace and dignity yet when the bloke cracks you swoop down from your high horse and deliver this pias dribble.

Nice work.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Just watched the match again with sober eyes, headbutt will be interesting. Don't think he will be sited for it really.

Eye gouging looks bad, can't go near the eyes and Ed is looking at a big lay off for it.

Rebels play was great, so much better when we keep the ball in hand and don't kick so much.

Horwill/Genia need to work out who's captain, seems Genia says corner when Horwill is saying post.

Hard to pick the best for the Rebels, so many had good games but Ellison defense was epic. Scrum was solid. Always play better when English gets some meters.

If Harris wants to move down South I won't complain, thought he had a good game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

In terms of standardised guidance for Illegal and/or Foul Play and Misconduct, IRB Regulation 17 applies, and is used by nearly all judiciaries to assist to determine sanctions for citings.

(extract below)

Judiciary Entry Point Based on Scale of Seriousness of the Player’s conduct, which constitutes the offending.

Law No 10.4(k) Contact with Eyes or the Eye Area
Lower End 12 weeks, Mid Range 18 weeks, Top End 24+ weeks, Maximum Sanction 156 weeks

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Was I the only one that thought that Neville had the best game of all the locks on the park?

Oh, and good game from Browning for the Reds.

I thought that Rebels were the better team on the night. Their offloading and linking play reminded of the Crusaders at times.

Reds defence was a shambles, both their pattern and tackling.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
You just go and tell that to Cheika.

Kev has quite the long track record at conducting himself with grace and dignity yet when the bloke cracks you swoop down from your high horse and deliver this pias dribble.

Nice work.

Long track record? Yeah he does but that doesn't excuse

"In the end, once again we were robbed by a stupid refereeing decision," he told Fox Sports after fulltime.

And whilst Cheika will criticise, the tone is a tad different in tone to

Cheika was "very disappointed with the officiating, the communication, the language, the ability to decipher and the correct decisions … I'm really disappointed with it; it's cost my team tonight, I think".

....................... Cheika ensured he clarified that he was not saying Pastrana's decisions, and those of the assistants, had cost the Waratahs the game even though Bulls fly-half Steyn had kicked 18 points in penalties alone. But he did say the decisions had cost the Waratahs momentum.

"We made plenty of mistakes as well, mind you, but even with all those mistakes we were still dominating the attack side of the game," Cheika said. "We take responsibility for the mistakes we made causing us to lose the game; we could have got the bonus point by making the tackle at the end on the guy coming back. But we wouldn't have been in that position if the previous penalty wasn't given when the guy was lying on the ground, stealing the ball.''

Cheika disagreed with the call.
''I was really disappointed about the yellow card from the referee because it [was] a collapsed maul and the player doesn't have to go anywhere,'' he said. ''But I understand it's also Rohan's first game of Super Rugby so, like anyone else, [he is] getting acclimatised.''

He has been struggling in post match interviews all season - just to keep them up beat/positive at all, whilst I appreciate his position, there are lines that generally aren't crossed, I think he crossed it and can expect the be sanctioned

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
So after 10 seasons, one comment makes him completely lacking of class?

I agree that players should hold themselves in high esteem but you have to be realistic. For fucks sake Graham Henry since the 2007 RWC has said at the time he thought the match was fixed. Do people say he lacks class? Of course not, it was one retrospective comment at a tough time.

If there was a pattern of this sort of thing I could totally understand

I think you're jumping at shadows there TWAS. I said that Horwill showed a lack of class with those post game comments. Nothing more nothing less.

Not sure if Henry said it was fixed, but he was critical of the ref, and yes he was rightly IMO criticised for going the ref. I didn't like them and showed a lack of judgement and class.

Ballboy

Chris McKivat (8)
Neville made a great turnover which led to the try and what a great try ! some of the offloads were judged to perfection especially the last one of course ,, bad news on Burgess ,,

Status
Not open for further replies.