• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds V Sharks - Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I agree with both these points, but as I'm ever the cynic, I won't be turned around a single iota on QC (Quade Cooper) until he starts performing consistently on the World Stage. The thing about winning a Lions Series/Bledisloe/World Cup is that playing well 75% of the time just isn't good enough, especially for a 5/8.

I don't think you could name an entire 15 who's consistently performed while donning a yellow jersey in the last 5 years.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Shorks will be happy to head home after the tour from hell. Season over for them!

Reds probably on the same flight with a different attitude! Onwards to Victory!

Go the Reds!

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
Its going to be an interesting 2 weeks ahead in super 15. Brums and reds to be playing for the top spot and probably home finals advantage. Will have to hold off on booking the flight to Canberra for early August.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Whatever happens I just would really love to have two AUS teams in the second week of the finals! Obviously an all AUS final would be nice also but I would be content with just one team in the GF.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Let's not kid ourselves - while the Reds chanced their arm well in the first half, and executed bloody well, the Shorks defensive line looked like they'd met in the sheds. Some very poor option taking from the visitors when they had the ball (which was rarely) and paper thin defence that often didn't stretch the width of the park - easy metres out wide.

Reds won the game but lost their way when the visitors started to pick their game up. Agree with others that Gill provides a focal point out there and was badly missed when he came off. The Reds bench was not as effective as the Sharks'.

Anyone else sick of Marto being buried inside QC (Quade Cooper)'s clacker? Every time the ball got near him the commentary box fogged up

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
See this is one of the reasons that I don't rate Simmons as much as some people. Sure he's handy in the lineout but where most people with as many Super/Test caps as he has would be real team leaders, Simmons seems to just be out there for a bit of a scrap. While there's nothing necessarily wrong with that in a player, it is telling when the other forward leaders are off the field.

This. Bingo. Wallaby experience and apparently the second coming according to a heap of QLDers, but he got bossed and went missing, not for the first time.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Golden 1st half from the Reds. One of those times when everything you do comes off. I don't buy the Sharks were off part - the Reds just played really well and put them off. A second half like we saw often follows a great first half, the Reds aren't the only team who relax a bit after building up a big lead and credit to the Sharks who came out after half time and had a go.

Can we please ban Greg Martin from calling any Reds games? I thought QC (Quade Cooper) went well last night, but do we really need Marto announcing every action of Quade's as if he's just split the atom? I can't recall a commentator so gushing about a player, so consistently. Next week I'm expecting to hear, "did you see how quickly Cooper put his mouthguard in, I hope the Wallaby selectors saw that" or "I hope Robbie Deans noticed how deftly Cooper put the kicking tee on the exact blade of grass that he wanted"

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Let's not kid ourselves - while the Reds chanced their arm well in the first half, and executed bloody well, the Shorks defensive line looked like they'd met in the sheds. Some very poor option taking from the visitors when they had the ball (which was rarely) and paper thin defence that often didn't stretch the width of the park - easy metres out wide.

Reds won the game but lost their way when the visitors started to pick their game up. Agree with others that Gill provides a focal point out there and was badly missed when he came off. The Reds bench was not as effective as the Sharks'.

Anyone else sick of Marto being buried inside QC (Quade Cooper)'s clacker? Every time the ball got near him the commentary box fogged up

Too much credit for the sharks in the second. I don't think they played much different, it is just the reds let them in the game by starting to go too lateral and trying to push passes.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
I thought the Red first half was one of their better this year. The Genia/ Cooper combination very much to the fore.

Unfortunately I didn't see the second half. I went to a more than satisfactory local Nepalese restaurant to the pub where I was watching the game. I think I am starting to favour Nepalese over Indian. I wouldn't say the difference is quite like Vietnamese is to Thai, but Nepalese food is lighter and more refrained or delicate than Indian. The meals didn't seem to have the same ubiquitous base curry sauce you find in many Indian joints. Where everything seems to emanate from a sauce of indeterminate age and a brutal brownness. Though I was slightly put off by one of the traditional dishes they had - a Himilayan Scallop dish. It almost reminded me of the typical Chinese restaurant in very much central Australia which had a menu of literally hundreds of dishes, but made up of various meats adorned with sweet and sour, oyster, black bean, plum, or the special sauce and the like And in a special part of the menu was the chef's signature dish; steak and eggs. But in pride of place in the restaurants' repast, hundreds of miles from the coast was the 'Fresh Seafood' dish of the day.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Reds first half = terrific football
Reds second half = poor football

Reds intensity just disappeared after half time - they could have put 50 on the Sharks

CFS made a huge difference - Taps will now be wondering to get back in side

Marto is rubbish

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Not surprised that the Reds went off the boil in the second half. They clearly got a bit comfortable after shooting to a 26 point lead. They were less than impressive in the 2nd half but the game was never in any doubt.

We need Horwill back for the next two games, as he seems to be the guy holding the team together atm

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
SOmeone tell me again how do you lose the ball in a maul? Sharks were shocking. Error prone and got punished for it in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.