• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Waratahs Rd 18 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Love to here the LU explanation of the Cockroach's seven series losses in a row.

Truly, I cannot imagine a planet where NSW would throw a game against QLD in any sport. The rivalry is too culturally ingrained.

A mate of mine that doesn't follow league at all states it isn't about who wins, it is about, I quote, "Getting as many people psyched up over the SOO series that they'll go out in their droves & buy as much merchandise as possible & sell as many tickets & booze & food at the game as possible - for making the max amount of money. Money is key & everything, it is all rigged for maximal return financially for the NRL. Once origin starts struggling for audience then they'll make sure the team being beaten then wins the next series".

He refereed this to when QLD was struggling & it looked like NSW were going to get on top for a few series. His analysis of what is happening now is that while crowd numbers are good QLD will be allowed to continue winning but as soon as it starts to slide NSW should win a series.

You really should see the tin foil hat this mate of mine has, it is quite impressive. Alas, it has nothing on the cone he was pulling at the time while he was talking about said theory.

T

TOCC

Rd 1 Reds v Waratahs - 193'000
Rd 18 Reds v Waratahs - 176'000

You would have to imagine that the decline was due to NSW fans tuning out

T

TOCC

Good old fashioned inter-state hatred is returning..... good! :)
Reds mist descends
The Waratahs are losing friends all over the place. Our snouts at Suncorp Stadium last Saturday night said there were some interesting clashes on and off the field. Not everyone in the Waratahs team was ecstatic about Quade Cooper's high tackle on Berrick Barnes, and words were said. We hear there were very some blunt conversations between Waratahs and Reds officials. One Reds identity when approached by a Waratah official told him: ''Get back to the mediocrity half of the room.'' One told another to ''grow a spine''. An observer said the relationship between the states was ''very sour''.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/fading-force-cheika-snub-hits-hard-in-perth-20120719-22d4q.html#ixzz2161ghXsn

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^^^^
Calling Grumbles baseless trash Women's Weekly level journalism is an insult to the Women's Weekly. It is far worse.

And there's plenty of them because lampooning the Waratahs is child's play, considering their dreadful season both on and off the field.

And there's plenty of them because lampooning the SMH Chief Rugby Correspondent Waratahs is child's play, considering their his dreadful season articles both on and off the field.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Good old fashioned inter-state hatred is returning... good! :)

you can always tell more about a person's qualities in how they act when they win something, than how they act when they lose something

Tiger

Alfred Walker (16)
We don't know anything about the context of the comments so it doesn't really tell us much

T

TOCC

you can always tell more about a person's qualities in how they act when they win something, than how they act when they lose something

are you questioning my personality for that comment or the administrators? It seems a case of knowing to little to judge to be honest..

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
are you questioning my personality for that comment or the administrators? It seems a case of knowing to little to judge to be honest..
Agreed. Without knowing the context and the rest of the conversation it's hard to judge.

On what's presented by Grumbles, it shows the QRU guys in a poor light, needless juvenile sort of bullshit comments, from guys who forget we couldn't win a pub meat raffle a few short years ago.

Selective quoting is a blight on quality journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.