• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies, 2011R16

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

I can't see us losing on our home track.

Very excited to see Coridas play. It will give us all an opportunity to see how he plays after so many injuries. I was excited when we picked him up, I guess it will also give Link an opportunity see how he fits into the Reds moving forward.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Cordias thrown into the deep end a bit here. I'd rather see Shatz start and have Cordias come on late in the game. But then again he is up against Salvi, so should go alright haha

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I forgot all about Cordias but I am happy with his selection. He is an out and out 7 and Link wouldn't just drop someone in it. Also Shatz is there if needed.

T

tranquility

I forgot all about Cordias but I am happy with his selection. He is an out and out 7 and Link wouldn't just drop someone in it. Also Shatz is there if needed.

Is he an out an out 7 though? I thought he was a 6 going through the ranks, and has now become a 7 because he is a littler undersized?

Where is Lee when we need him...

It will be good to see him get a run regardless though.

R

Red Rooster

Is he an out an out 7 though? I thought he was a 6 going through the ranks, and has now become a 7 because he is a littler undersized?

Where is Lee when we need him...

It will be good to see him get a run regardless though.

He is 194cms and about 106kgs so I dont think he is "undersized" - he has been playing well for GPS and getting mom awards as a 7. He played in the trial v crusaders but got injured and missed the start of the season

Tomiki is injured (knee) - another 6 weeks I heard??

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I remember watching Coridas play for OZ A schools v Tonga in 2006 and he picked up the MOTM award from memory. He was both abrasive and agressive and was a clear standout. I thought then that he would go on to much bigger things, and have been surprised that he hasn't kicked on as much as I thought. When I saw that Link had picked him up in the Academy I thought it was a very astute move.

Good luck to the lad on his debut.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Link yesterday said that he played on the ball more than Robinson but wasn't as strong with ball in hand. Not sure if he was trying to mess around with the Ponies but I think we need someone on the ball as we have plenty of runners.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
For the Brumbies, there is talk that Nic White and Henry Vanderglas will be on the bench.

chequebalance

Bill Watson (15)
I know Link said he would not get someone in because you can't teach the role that he has Robinson playing, so does that mean Cordias can play this role?
Also would like to see Shipperly get some more minutes of the bench, looked pretty good from when he has come on and if we get a lead early I think he would carry himself well throw the rest of the game..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For the Brumbies, there is talk that Nic White and Henry Vanderglas will be on the bench.

It only comes 16 weeks too late...

The cynicism in me suggests he winds up getting somewhere between zero and fuck all game time... but at least it's a start...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
OK, I just read he's been brought in because Valentine is ruled out with a hamstring strain...

That probably means White will get little game time this week and get dumped the following... *sigh*

Prove me wrong Brumbies... prove me wrong...

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies team..

1. Jono Owen
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Ben Hand
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Mitchell Chapman
7. Julian Salvi
8. Ita Vaea
9. Patrick Phibbs
10. Matt Giteau
11. Adam Ashley-Cooper
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tyrone Smith
14. Henry Speight
15. Pat McCabe

16. Anthony Hegarty
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Peter Kimlin
19. Henry Vanderglas
20. Nic White
21. Robbie Coleman
22. Andrew Smith

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
For me, the positive highlight of Brumbies v Stormers was the former's defence under sustained pressure. It was impressive that a team with such recent trauma could ensure the Stormers with their calibre of players only scored one try.

Reds seemed drained by the victory v Tahs and it showed v Canes. The victory v Cru will have been similarly denuding. But this time Link's not taking the rotation gambles (that did not pay off) he did v Canes.

Reds win likely, but not a casual certainty by any means.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's great to finally see White in the side...

But it's hard to get excited when they keep dishing out the same rubbish selections each week...

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Out of interest Slim what is the 22 that you would pick for the game?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With what's available:

Brumbies team..

1. Jono Owen Jerry Yanuyanutawa
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Ben Alexander
4. Ben Hand Peter Kimlin
5. Mark Chisholm
6. Mitchell Chapman
7. Julian Salvi
8. Ita Vaea
9. Patrick Phibbs Nic White
10. Matt Giteau Matt To'omua
11. Adam Ashley-Cooper
12. Christian Lealiifano Matt Giteau
13. Tyrone Smith Pat McCabe
14. Henry Speight
15. Pat McCabe Christian Lealiifano

16. Anthony Hegarty
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa Jono Owen
18. Peter Kimlin Ben Hand
19. Henry Vanderglas
20. Nic White Patrick Phibbs
21. Robbie Coleman
22. Andrew Smith

Either McCabe or AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) needs to be shifted into the midfield... I'd go with McCabe because it's where he should play next year and I'd like to see him try and push for Wallaby squad selection in the position...

Owen has just been awful... Jerry's scrummaging has been more solid and he seems to really get around the field...

Kimlin was one of the Brumbies' best, has one quiet game and gets demoted behind Hand...

Giteau isn't a flyhalf... you can play him there another 100 times and it'll only reinforce how great at inside centre he is...

To'omua hasn't had the best season but he's our future flyhalf and needs more gametime... and he's able to create more attacking opportunities than Giteau at flyhalf...

This pushes Lilo to fullback, where he could excel, but he's also too good to have on the bench...

The Brumbies are not going to win games by putting out the same failed selections, with the same failed game plan...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Otherwise you swap around Lilo and Giteau...

Lilo will have just as much impact, but it allows Giteau to work his magic at 12...

Lilo also crabs a lot less and has a better passing game... and in the couple of games he did play 10 with Giteau at 12 there were signs that it could work...

Giteau can still slot into 10 during the game to settle things down/clear the ball etc.

But these are the kinds of changes that needed to be made/kept weeks ago...

With only a few weeks left we're only going to feel more pain...

Status
Not open for further replies.