• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Tranquility, there is absolutely no law that says rucking is illegal, every game I watch on TV, I hear refs call it's a ruck, leave it alone!! It is illegal to stomp on a player,but not to ruck!!

T

tranquility

No, I understand. However - as cyclo says it is generally on the nose and only used under extreme situations these days which is a shame and is why many teams, the Reds included, get away with slowing the ball down so much. Atleast that is how I feel it is interpreted in Aus.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Rules schmules. Let's not let rules get in the way of discussions at this point in the thread! *cough cough* *punching is* *cough* *illegal* *cough cough*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
No, I understand. However - as cyclo says it is generally on the nose and only used under extreme situations these days which is a shame and is why many teams, the Reds included, get away with slowing the ball down so much. Atleast that is how I feel it is interpreted in Aus.

Rucking could be defined as driving over the ball when it is on the ground, ie a ruck.
Stomping or raking is illegal, but it's a bit of a semantic argument.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
For clarity's sake:
16.3(f)
A player rucking for the ball must not intentionally ruck players on the ground. A player rucking for the ball must try to step over players on the ground and must not intentionally step on them. A player rucking must do so near the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

Rucking could be defined as driving over the ball when it is on the ground, ie a ruck.
Stomping or raking is illegal, but it's a bit of a semantic argument.

While technically cleaning up a ruck is "rucking" we tend to refer to that as cleaning out or taking the space. You generally would not hear a coach say "we are going to practice our rucking tonight" if he meant improving accuracy with protecting attacking ball. If he did, the players would shudder at the thought of not wearing an extra layer or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.