• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
In regards to the game, I thought the reds boys deserved real credit for not lying down after that first half. They showed a fair bit of heart and gave themselves a real chance to snatch it at the death. It wasn't to be though. Just need to apply that effort to the full 80 minutes. Our 8 game winning streak to make the finals begins in a couple of weeks.

Seriously how great is this new S&C coach? We did tackling drills for 40 minutes and then still nearly beat the bastards with the other half!

T

tranquility

That's a massive oversimplification.

He left because he was a player on the rise, we were on the bottom of the table and most importantly, that didn't look like changing and the club appeared to be a shambles in general.

Moore seemed happy to ride out the rough times at the brumbies so you can't claim he runs around jumping on the favourites.

The same could be said for Barnes.

Every point you make here is fundamentally wrong.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Nah, I think Ollie may have been promoted internally though.

@Rugbyreg ?

yeah Damian Marsh was the S&C Coach (or High Performance Manager or something). he went back to the Brumbies and Ollie got promoted. He was basically rehab man last year.

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
I came here to discuss the game.

fuck me right?

Scrolling through pages of garbage trying to find some discussion of the game and I'm over it.

Wankers who waltzed in here solely to shit on the Reds - leave. Trolling Tranquility has to be the definition of fish-barrell-shooting.

Reds fans, if you want therapy for your issues go speak to a psycologist or start a group therapy thread.

/rant

As usual, the Reds didn't need to do much more to win but once again we come away with a cross instead of a tick.

Tighthead pushover try is the only sweetener to an otherwise painful evening.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I don't think any less of Moore. And to be frank no less of Walsh. In his case though there wasn't much room to move.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I actually enjoyed the game.. Brumbies need to fix the second half fade outs to be contenders. .But dont we start well.

I feel for the Reds better team then there position on the ladder shows..

The scrum to me was a weird one I can usually can tell what the ref is blowing what for but for me it was a real mix bag.. stuff I would normally think would go to one team would go the other..

I actually wasnt sure what to expect.

Maybe I need to have a few drinks then re watch it

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I make no excuses for the Reds woes. What pissed me off about the Moore punch was that the just thing would have been the yellow. It really is a no brainer which is what annoys me. Justly the Reds should have on the attack against 14 players. More to say in general about the terrible refereeing this season but that can go in the proper thread.

We gave away a lead as we have made a habit of this season and payed the price. I was annoyed at Graham bitching about the ref because as previously said, he should be focusing on fixing his bloody teams performance issues.

I was at the game and their was plenty of Reds and Brumbies fans around us. It is sad there is such a large portion of dickhead supporters. Rugby is bigger than that and it is a shame the fans can't be so also. The silly Brumby fan behind me crapping off about Quade Cooper. Get over it you single celled moron. The Reds fan after the game in the bitchy and spiteful tone that said to my brother "your team fucking sucks". Seriously, piss off you dickhead and pull your head in. Quirk and Moore clearly after the game had left it out on the park and were have a good social after full time beginning with a hand shake. That is what rugby is about and some fans need reminding of that.

Great night at the Rugby and cheers to all the other fans who shared in the fun. A big wraps to the stadium staff also. They were also good sports and the bloke at the bar I know appreciated the score updates we kept feeding him.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm not so sure.
This jumper grabbing is a scourge on the game.
If they start handing out YC's to these cheating cynical pricks,then there won't be any retribution being meted out will there?
Win,win.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Yes I agree to a point but in doing so they can't turn a blind eye to the holdee punching the holder.
The problem arises whereby both players will probably get a yellow card and I doubt the rugby lords will want a situation where holding a jersey is seen as equal in terms of foul play as striking.
But then again they found no issue on review of Moore's punch so maybe I'm wrong?
Personally I'd be happy for both to be yellowed but it needs to be a consistent approach for it to be effective.
1 hold = team caution the next guy is gone.
Punching should never meet with a caution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
UNFORTUNATELY a lot of Queensland fans will think the same of Moore as a lot of Kiwis think of Quade. Shame really

The funny thing is that if Moore did it in a Bledisloe for the same reasons we'd all be hailing him! He's a great player whether in Red, White & Blue or Gold. He possibly should have had a card for punching but I'll defend his reason for resorting to it.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
I make no excuses for the Reds woes. What pissed me off about the Moore punch was that the just thing would have been the yellow. It really is a no brainer which is what annoys me. Justly the Reds should have on the attack against 14 players. More to say in general about the terrible refereeing this season but that can go in the proper thread.

We gave away a lead as we have made a habit of this season and payed the price. I was annoyed at Graham bitching about the ref because as previously said, he should be focusing on fixing his bloody teams performance issues.

I was at the game and their was plenty of Reds and Brumbies fans around us. It is sad there is such a large portion of dickhead supporters. Rugby is bigger than that and it is a shame the fans can't be so also. The silly Brumby fan behind me crapping off about Quade Cooper. Get over it you single celled moron. The Reds fan after the game in the bitchy and spiteful tone that said to my brother "your team fucking sucks". Seriously, piss off you dickhead and pull your head in. Quirk and Moore clearly after the game had left it out on the park and were have a good social after full time beginning with a hand shake. That is what rugby is about and some fans need reminding of that.

Great night at the Rugby and cheers to all the other fans who shared in the fun. A big wraps to the stadium staff also. They were also good sports and the bloke at the bar I know appreciated the score updates we kept feeding him.

Sadly, this sort of stuff brings out the wankers on both sides. As you said, Moore and Quirk sorted it out, why does everyone else have to act like it's World War 3.

Reactions: TSR

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That is the big difference between playing and watching Rugby. Quirk and Moore spent the next 33 minutes after that incident venting their frustration and 'getting over it'. While the spectators sit there getting crankier and crankier with no outlet to release.
One of the main reasons I struggled to go watch my old club once I stopped playing; I just got too freakin wound up!

EDIT: but there is still no excuse for the brainless dickhead behaviour that people go on with. Merely pointing out a reason not an excuse. Needed to make that clear!

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Sadly, this sort of stuff brings out the wankers on both sides. As you said, Moore and Quirk sorted it out, why does everyone else have to act like it's World War 3.

I wonder to myself each week if this, what is here in in this thread is part of the reason "the game" is suffering here in Australia. The enemy within seem to be a significant inhibiting factor and potentially doing untold damage before we then expose its (the games) underbelly publicly to be mocked and mauled by other sports.

Growing up in AFL land I have witnessed first hand the passion of some supporters and the loathing for the opposition team. For example Collingwood supporters watching a Carlton or Bombers game, can be seen frothing at the mouth, and retrieving the flying set of falsies that shot out in the frantic moments of uncontrolled verbal passion that is like grapeshot from a cannon at short range trying to cut down the opposition players, and at time the umpires. The ensuing exchange of infantry fire is across the seats and rows from both teams supporters, no quarter given, no quarter asked. But the final siren signals a reluctant ceasefire where they all withdraw until the next meeting.

But should a non-AFL outsider challenge either party you will see what AFL supporters are really about. Firstly and foremost is the love of the game. You will find when challenged AFL supporters wearing all different colours will stand side by side defending the game before their own teams. This is embedded in a AFL supporters soul at birth.

We tear shreds of each other and each others teams as this thread demonstrates. Then we have a perverse expectation that the colours we wear on a weekend justify preferential treatment for our players to be included in the Wallabies. Again we will argue our allegiance over that.

Our game is different to others in Australia. Its complex in that is not only a domestic product, but an international one.

I believe we as supporters need to look again and find Rugby's real identity and realign our allegiances. The Game firstly, then the Wallabies, and then in to the breeding and testing ground that provides the players for our world conquering Wallabies team - Super Rugby, NRC and local Clubs and competition.

Before we can change a thing we need to stop imploding the game and stop acting like ass clowns!

Oh, in regards to the game it was a great game, both teams showed heart, their strength and weakness and the quality of the players they have in their squads. Nothing better than right up until the final whistle you aren't sure who will win. This is what its all about, and this is what we need to be seen on FTA TV!!!

Yes there will be issues with referring decisions at times, but I would rather see the Brumbies and Reds got hard at it with a full compliment for 80 minutes. I am not sure how others would feel but "just" getting over the line and needing a man advantage would be an unfulfilling win for me.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yes I agree to a point but in doing so they can't turn a blind eye to the holdee punching the holder.
The problem arises whereby both players will probably get a yellow card and I doubt the rugby lords will want a situation where holding a jersey is seen as equal in terms of foul play as striking.
But then again they found no issue on review of Moore's punch so maybe I'm wrong?
Personally I'd be happy for both to be yellowed but it needs to be a consistent approach for it to be effective.
1 hold = team caution the next guy is gone.
Punching should never meet with a caution.

I Agree ... Walsh said it was the thrid offence so would have too card them both but nothing in it so leaving them both with 15.. I thought he explained it well even though he got it wrong send them both I say but its in the past

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

EatSleepDrinkRuck

Larry Dwyer (12)
I feel like the Reds shouldn't do too much soul searching over this weekend's loss.

The drills they would need to practice to create a 15-21 point turn around:

1. Practice placing the ball while being tackled
2. Warning a teammate when a player is about to hit him from behind

The piggies were immense - a pushover and a tighthead try? Magic.

Full credit to the Brumbies though. They played their game and defended heroically.

Status
Not open for further replies.