• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
along with all the other NZ born Kiwis. Add in PNG and how many are actually local?

Have you not seen "That's in Queensland"? Mind you NSW aren't much better, at least ACT & WA can celebrate their being a team of (mostly) imports & retreads (cast offs is a bit mean IMO). For that matter show me a 100% locally produced footy team in any code & I'll show you one that hasn't won much.

T

Train Without a Station

I honestly do not see the point of this discussion at all.

We already have a good recruitment advantage that we have by virtue of our population a strong nursery for talent and that enables us to sign and re-sign this talent for less than they would go to other states for.

Due to this population size surplus talent often goes to other franchises, who need to fork out more due to these players preferring to stay in QLD, taking up more of their cap space in the process.

Clearly QLD are the best off out of this. I'm glad for the Wallabies' sake these players go to other franchises, not OS

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Said it before, and repeated here. QLD is a state of mind. not a result of a geographic accident of birth; same with NSW.

Canberra, well that is just Fantasyland.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah - I was really just trying to have some fun with it. :)

Sorry, given the regard Loig is held on this site wasn't sure if you were taking the piss or genuinely mistaken. Can I offer Dan Vettori as a kind of peace offering? It's not like he's good for fuckallelse these days.

Reactions: TSR

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
QLD fans have a reason to feel aggrieved because we are so much more connected to the entire process of developing players from Junior rugby to Schools to Premier rugby to Super rugby. Then the surplus goes interstate, comes back and beats the side that they grew up supporting and the average interstate fan looks at a Reds fan and says sucked in. It's like the iceberg metaphor, you are only looking at the last 5-10% of the players development.

I usually find that swearing in these forums is pretty childish ... But ... for fucks sake pull your fucking head in and get over it!

What, do you think that every player who has ever played junior, schoolboy or club rugby in QLD should only be able to play for the Reds? That's just not possible. So the players who don't make the Reds, should their career be cut short just so they don't go and join another franchise and one day come back to play against the Reds ... so that the Reds fans do not feel 'aggrieved'?

You and comments like yours are the reason that Reds fans get such a bad rep and are disliked by those in other states.

(I know not all of you are like this idiot, i actually have some great friends who are passionate Reds fans and even my hubby has them as his 2nd fave team. I really pity you for having Tranquility amongst your numbers)

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
I find it incredulous that you guys wouldn't think that a sentence like this:

As a generalization, Reds' fans take the prize for being the most whining in Aus.

wouldn't illicit a fairly negative response from quite a few Queensland supporters.

redveincheese

Billy Sheehan (19)
In regards to the game, I thought the reds boys deserved real credit for not lying down after that first half. They showed a fair bit of heart and gave themselves a real chance to snatch it at the death. It wasn't to be though. Just need to apply that effort to the full 80 minutes. Our 8 game winning streak to make the finals begins in a couple of weeks.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So over about 8 years they've poached Moore from QLD, Pocock from the Force and Butler from the QLD - which could easily be construed as him leaving for opportunity too.

They are full of blokes nobody else wanted.

The brumbies have not built themselves on "poaching" players. One appeared to be quite happy to come down because he didn't want to stay where he was. The other apparently wasn't a financial based decision either.

Moore was leaving Queensland regardless......

IIRc he wound up choosing the Brumbies over the Force.........

Status
Not open for further replies.